BSB Speculation

ERJAK

We are listed on the Apocalypse index page, so we can count on that one of the upcoming updates for us will be talking about how our faction works in Apocalypse.

I wonder if we'll get any hints as to what to expect from the codex or maybe some of their famous "hidden in plain sight" sneak peaks.

given how many entries there are on the index page I wonder if they'll do the apocalypse page when they release our Codex... so after apocalypse has been released.

Basically when they release the AS codex also release the KT entries & Apoocalypse stuff

I'm hoping that our Apocalypse Index page will give us some more sneak peaks of the updated vehicles - it would kinda make sense given the larger scale of the game. I imagine whatever they show it'll be rolled into a BSB update. 

I can't see our Index page being released after Apocaypse drops myself, probably wishful thinking but I'd expect all of the listed factions to be covered in the book from the start.

good point ... i'd forgotten that they are putting ALL the rules in to the rulebook /online on release... so theres no point them not doing the index page before release...

We are making all of the datasheets for Apocalypse available as FREE downloads at launch

Well I think we all know that just means that the current units in CA2018 will get Apocalypse rules at release.

We will likely get an update to Apocalypse when our proper codex is released for anything new.

There's always the option that they just never bother giving us rules for either Apoc or kill team.

I know we're in a new SoB reneissance right now but let's not totally forget historical precedent.

There's always the option that they just never bother giving us rules for either Apoc or kill team.

I know we're in a new SoB reneissance right now but let's not totally forget historical precedent.

They've got SoB listed on the Apocalypse Index page so I very much doubt they'd not give them rules :D

From the looks of things they're doing the previews one a day in the order listed, so we should know for certain in 14 days, give or take weekends. 

Oh I fully believe that they will release rules for kill team and apocalypse for Sisters.  I just think that the rules for apocalypse when released in the next 2 weeks might not give any insight to the changes coming down the pipe with our new codex.

Like the data sheets that will be released at the apocalypse launch will only be units in CA2018.  We'll have to wait for our full codex before they release the rest of the apocalypse data sheets for us.

They might even make 2 versions of the apocalypse data sheets for sisters.  One set for launch with the units from CA2018 and a new set when the codex drops if there are major changes to our basic units.  But I think that has a low probability.

Edited by ValourousHeart

They've got SoB listed on the Apocalypse Index page so I very much doubt they'd not give them rules :D

A clever ruse to be sure.

I just think that the rules for apocalypse when released in the next 2 weeks might not give any insight to the changes coming down the pipe with our new codex.

Oh I completely agree. They’re two different games and we’re already seeing differences in stat lines and rules between 40k and Apocalypse in the index previews so far. Any rules they may or may not mention could have no relation to 40k.

The most I’m hoping for is images of a new plastic kit or two. All of the previews so far are accompanied but pictures, and I’ll be very disappointed if they use ancient metal models for the SoB page.

Edited by Brexan

Nah the Pics will just be

i) the saint & her bodyguard surrounded.

ii) 3 or 4 rhinos heading towards a gun line...

iii) Canoness Veridyan & Squad Superior  chatting

:p

OR they will only include seraphim, retirbuitors and rhinos

So what is /where is todays BSB???

We've been getting one every two weeks since they started... and our last one was the 10th june (ok that just said... get your £20, 9 point model on WH Day if the collectors and ebay magpies dont buy your local shop out.....:p)

Apocalypse data sheets are up....and imags are back into elites...with no AoFs!

Link?

Edit: found it. Interesting that theirs no AoF or Martyrdom system? I am assuming that's being moved to command assests?

Edited by Beams

To be honest I was VERY surprised that they started BSB before mid July ...because there is only so much they can show and talk about before you end up with nothing to preview and no surprises

I'm disappointed that the imagifier is back in Elites.  I prefer her in the squad.  We have lots of random characters that I wish we had an in squad alternative.  Kinda like the SM can take an apothecary as an elite or they can take a squad of infiltrators with a Helix Adept which is a squad based apoth.

I want to run a Hospital order, and so would like to have the option to put a lite version of the hospitalier in our battle sister squads.

I want to run a Hospital order, and so would like to have the option to put a lite version of the hospitalier in our battle sister squads.

On that note, Orders Hotpitaller wouldn't field armies, because they're not Orders Militant. They're doctors and field medics, so they only would show up in battle as auxiliary models. I suppose you could do a Militant Order that's closely tied to a particular Order Hospitaller, which is frankly a cool idea (maybe they make sure they can do their work in particularly dangerous warzones). However, as far as I know canonically, Orders Hospitaller don't have proper power armour and boltguns like the Orders Militant do. YMMV based on headcanon as always :tongue.: But all this is off topic.

Anyone else upset they've now used three BSB on the limited edition model... like was predicted two weeks ago!

Disappointed but not surprised. At this point my expectations of the release as a whole are pretty mediocre, so at least anything above that will be a pleasant surprise.

This is sorta my feeling so far, unless they're holding back some new unit or a slew of new character models (like GSC got, not that we need more Elites choices) the release looks like it'll be pretty ok but nothing mind blowing. The big thing for me will be how the base BSB kit looks since that's sorta the core of any Sisters army. The Seraphim look like Seraphim, and the Retributors look fine too. The other thing that could excite me is if they gave us some idea what they were doing for AoFs and Celestians for the main release (or a preview of any new fluff the book will have) because as of now I don't have a whole lot of reason to be excited for the codex since I can only assume the fluff will be mostly copy paste and the rules will be what was in CA.

As I've said before it'll be interesting, and exciting because it's the first real Sisters release since 04 :biggrin.:

Edited by Servant of Dante

Oh I fully believe that they will release rules for kill team and apocalypse for Sisters.  I just think that the rules for apocalypse when released in the next 2 weeks might not give any insight to the changes coming down the pipe with our new codex.

Like the data sheets that will be released at the apocalypse launch will only be units in CA2018.  We'll have to wait for our full codex before they release the rest of the apocalypse data sheets for us.

They might even make 2 versions of the apocalypse data sheets for sisters.  One set for launch with the units from CA2018 and a new set when the codex drops if there are major changes to our basic units.  But I think that has a low probability.

The Imagifier and the Similacrum Imperialis are two different things, especially because of the "Index vs Codex" flow chart. The Imagifier was/is still legal to play under the beta codex using the index rules BUT using the codex Similacrum rules.

Honestly, outside of the Geminae being separate from Celestine + an additional nerf to Celestine (unit must be wholly within 6" for blessing), this looks more like "Index Sisters" to me.

The Imagifier and the Similacrum Imperialis are two different things, especially because of the "Index vs Codex" flow chart. The Imagifier was/is still legal to play under the beta codex using the index rules BUT using the codex Similacrum rules.

Honestly, outside of the Geminae being separate from Celestine + an additional nerf to Celestine (unit must be wholly within 6" for blessing), this looks more like "Index Sisters" to me.

These rule were almost certainly written alongside the original beta codex. They've likely been working on this system for at least a year and a half at this point and I doubt they'd wait all the way until AFTER the codex feedback window to write and playtest the rules.