BSB Speculation

ERJAK

The separation of the imagifier from the squad (ie. giving the faith buffing ability to a character who can use it on a nearby squad rather than keeping it within the squad itself as an upgrade) in Apocalypse does not mean they will do it in the dex. I think whichever decision they make, it will be very strongly dependent upon/ connected to the new faith system.

Releasing a set of Sisters data sheets in addition to the bulletin does take some of the sting out of how weak the bulletin turned out to be, because at least I feel like I got some content. And the Apocalypse Index does imply that we will be getting a faction focus article; this too will be in addition to the bulletin. Either way, it's almost guaranteed to address acts of faith for Apocalypse- even if it just presents 2 or 3 examples of assets which represent acts of faith.

I'm hoping we get the Blackstone expansion with the new crusader or a sisters kill team in August and or September as a teaser for the big release, but it would be hard to do without revealing how acts of faith work. Maybe they'll release the AoF system as a bulletin in order to allow them the option of pre-dex kill team or blackstone. These teaser would sell, in part because of sisters hype, but once the dex and the new range drops, people will buy the 40k releases instead.

I just bought Blackstone, and while I love the game, I did it because I wanted Taddeus and Pious. If there had been plastic sister models available, that never would have happened.  

So we talked a bit about the the sisters Apocalypse rules, but what interested my more with the downloads (and is still related to sisters via their hereticus connections) is the imperial agents rules. I think this echoes what GW will do with a 40k dex. I'd like to see a kill team release for sisters of silence, which would be added to the 40k version, allowing us to at least field them as a detachment. All it would take is a leader, although it requires a troops choice to take a detachment that matters.

(Side rant: this exact problem is what I want to see fixed for the ministorum. Spearheads and vanguards don't generate enough cp to field them- you're always better to just piggyback those units into battalions and brigades)

I'd like to see them add more possibilities for acolytes, or make it easier for Inquisitors to integrate into other imperial detachment- the index rules were designed before battle brothers rules; the Inquisition fluff qualifies them as the one imperial faction that SHOULD be able to integrate with any other imperial faction, even when they don't share an additional keyword.

I'm glad to see all the rogue traders and blackstone characters represented, though Taddeus and Pious didn't get their own entry. Which brings me to a question: I don't have the rogue trader kill team, so I didn't know whether any of the names in this section were for models we haven't seen yet...the Blackstone expansion with the new crusader has to be coming soon, and the optimist in me was hoping there were spoilers in the download. Can anyone confirm or deny?

So we talked a bit about the the sisters Apocalypse rules, but what interested my more with the downloads (and is still related to sisters via their hereticus connections) is the imperial agents rules. I think this echoes what GW will do with a 40k dex. I'd like to see a kill team release for sisters of silence, which would be added to the 40k version, allowing us to at least field them as a detachment. All it would take is a leader, although it requires a troops choice to take a detachment that matters.

(Side rant: this exact problem is what I want to see fixed for the ministorum. Spearheads and vanguards don't generate enough cp to field them- you're always better to just piggyback those units into battalions and brigades)

I'd like to see them add more possibilities for acolytes, or make it easier for Inquisitors to integrate into other imperial detachment- the index rules were designed before battle brothers rules; the Inquisition fluff qualifies them as the one imperial faction that SHOULD be able to integrate with any other imperial faction, even when they don't share an additional keyword.

I'm glad to see all the rogue traders and blackstone characters represented, though Taddeus and Pious didn't get their own entry. Which brings me to a question: I don't have the rogue trader kill team, so I didn't know whether any of the names in this section were for models we haven't seen yet...the Blackstone expansion with the new crusader has to be coming soon, and the optimist in me was hoping there were spoilers in the download. Can anyone confirm or deny?

While it's not impossible that someone here might know, this isn't really the subforum for that. 

Well the Apocalypse Faction focus is up.... and not a lot of news! & no sneek peek pictures from what I saw.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/04/apocalypse-faction-focus-adepta-sororitasgw-homepage-post-4/

Faith is just command Assets... although I'm seeing flame dominons with 'faith and fury' command asset making people cry...

4 auto hits each counting as two..... :)

I don't know if GW has just taken too long to tease anything new and spoiled the mood for me, or if ive just gotten out of the wrong side of bed this morning; but the new battle sisters shown dont excite me.

I'm glad that they're sticking with the aesthetic, I'm glad there's boob plate and all that. But I just wasn't excited. Not a fan of the pose the superior is in. Not sold on the circular tokens on the shoulders of that one sister.

The images don't look like complete cads but just a battle sister cad with weapon cads pohotoshopped on top.

I dunno. Hoping that I've just woken up in a mood and I can come back in a day or two and be excited about what's there.

I love 'em myself, I just hope they do enough sculpts to avoid getting too repetitive in bigger numbers the way the metal ones tend to get (as nice as they, too, are otherwise).

I'm excited but getting exhausted waiting. I hope it doesn't take to much longer for their release, don't really care about rules so much at this time, just need my plastic fix, haha.

My problem is that outside of totally new models and rules, I'm actually not all that interested in previews for the other stuff.

'Here's a battle sister! It looks just like a battle sister! It has the same equipment as a battle sister! Whoa!'

I trust GW enough (now) to do justice to the sister's aesthetic and to make really good plastic versions of what we already have, but at the same time I already know what those models look like.

What I don't trust them to do is give the army good rules. Let's see the revamped (AGAIN) AoF system where AoFs aren't almost totally useless. Let's see some new equipment. Let's see the Geminae superia not be the worst unit in the game.

What I don't trust them to do is give the army good rules. Let's see the revamped (AGAIN) AoF system where AoFs aren't almost totally useless. Let's see some new equipment. Let's see the Geminae superia not be the worst unit in the game.

Couldn't agree more. The aesthetic has been preserved, much appreciated GW! At this point I am growing doubtful of any really new units. The nature of the previewed models IMO, doesn't lend itself to the dual unit kits everyone was hoping would result in a new unit for every box. New tanks, Sisters, and PenEngine, great! Now give us some rules that will make putting models (metal or plastic) on the table worth it.

Edited by dracpanzer

New rumors (heavy salt) suggest late august for SoB with 'lots of surprises not yet revealed'.

Makes sense, even if it is really early compared to what I thought it would be. Showing a full squad of BSS makes sense as the 'turning point'.

I think one of the things that has to drop soon is news about AoF, because they can't use Kill Team or Blackstone as pre-release vehicles the same way they did for Admech and GSC until we know what those rules are. They may save mini-game releases until AFTER the dex, but I think they'd get a lot more mini-game sales if they went the other way. The upcoming convention reveals might have something for us too, and the first of those comes this weekend.

I really hope they didn't make AoF into Strategems.

With whats being said about the new lmtd edition primaris marine, it looks like the Codex: Primaris Marines may get the end of August / early Sept release slot with SoB being release early Oct ... so about 5 BSBs left before a pre-order release one

\poor guessing  and optimism.. :p

Today's bulletin is a look at Repentia.

For all you fluff nuts that have wondered about how power armor works for normal humans, here is a small clip from today's BSB

In this design, you can clearly see the exposed plug ports that would normally enable a Battle Sister’s muscles to work in tandem with the enhanced fibre bundle network within her power armour.

I'm just tickled that they even though about that.

Anyway, I am loving the new models. 

Repentia are one element missing from my army that I have been really excited to include. I’m not sure I care for the “thigh piercing” (?) on that one model, but I really like how all-in and aggressive these poses are!

These do look cool, and I'm with Mekhitar about not having any currently, but after this post really looking forward to picking some up.

In the past I always preferred the look of the Arco-Flagellants.  Hopping those models get updated too.

It will be nice to see if I can make an army with nothing but the unhinged.

Despite my feelings about these models, they've given me an idea and may have finally helped me settle which paint scheme I want to go with for my Sisters. Now I want to get units of Repentia as ronin dressed in heavy brown robes and cowls, carrying their eviscerators into battle as they seek to restore their honor through a glorious death, claiming many of His enemies in hopes of being found worthy of joining Him in the Heavens upon their death.

Underwhelmed. I was hoping more for a Pious Vorne with a traditional Repentia hood.

Hopefully the rules for them (and the points) are put together with some more thought. If they don't fix them, nobody will play them anyways.

I'm not sold on the new repentia models.

I mean, I'm not sold on repentia- have a full squad of them that I never field because they just don't perform on the table except as a 200-odd point handicap.

I was hoping for a look more akin to that artwork from the Witch hunters codex- covered in scrolls etc. This "updated" look does not meet that hoped for artwork and just doesn't appeal to me.

Good to see the musculature that is hidden under all the Battle sisters power armour.

Think my biggest complaint just comes down to that they don't look female enough to me. The torsos look like something from a catachan guard kit...hmm, female catachan guard conversions I foresee with this.

I'd always assumed the plug ports were an interface for the black carapace on marines which is why I initially thought it odd these models had them.

LOVE the eviscerators on them though, they look beasty.

To each their own, some will love the look and get a whole army of them. Me, I'll stick with what I've already got.