BSB Speculation

ERJAK

It’s a character but it’s wound characteristic is 10+ so the character targeting rule doesn’t apply right?

yep... even if they have 9 wounds left... can still be targeted... 

and whats the betting that its bigger than half a dozen battle sisters so you cant block LoS easily... or is that why you buy 2 rhinos?  :p

So... I need to work up front-mounted heavy bolters for all of my existing Immos and Exors?

apparently.... but as most of mine have the metal front plate I'm going for a fixed mount on the drivers side.....

The Triumph of St Katherine is an 18 wound T3 Character.

I am suspicious of its ability to survive beyond turn 2 with all the multi-damage weapons kicking about (even with the 4++ Save and -1 to hit)

Committing multi-damage weapons to shoot it could be a trap with all the Miracle Dice tricks which it can perfectly well use on itself. Watching your big weapons bounce off invulnerable saves is bad enough, watching it happen when they don't even have to roll dice is worse. It probably makes more sense just to shoot the vehicles with those weapons.

Its buffs do not need line of sight nor does most LOS blocking terrain hinder it moving and charging because it has the Infantry keyword. Hide those ladies in the bottom level of a ruin while buffing everything all around and threatening to jump out and assault anything which gets too close.

It’s a character but it’s wound characteristic is 10+ so the character targeting rule doesn’t apply right?

Ooh yeah, I forgot about that. Never used any fat-butt characters with so many wounds!

So... I need to work up front-mounted heavy bolters for all of my existing Immos and Exors?

Yep. Mandatory weapon, so every Immolator and Exorcist is 10 points more expensive on top of the fact they went up in points anyway. Exorcist with exorcist launcher and heavy bolter is 170. Immolator is 80 because it also went up 2 points + whatever turret you pick (turret costs didn't change).

I can't wait to see the Triumphs' Model

Me neither. The rules remind me of Katakros from Age of Sigmar. I'm hoping it's a great centrepiece item just on looks alone.  

I'm a bit concerned about how effective it will be - 18 wounds is a lot, but only T3 and a 4++ means there's an awful lot that can make it through. It's stupid hard to simulate how effective miracle dice will be here, though. It isn't carrying the <Order> keyword so I don't think it will allow Celestians to intercept wounds nor does it gain any of the durability benefits you might gain from the order bonuses. I like the idea of this being in the centre of a massive foot slogging force of battle sisters, though. 

Edited by Lemondish

The Triumph is basically a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX. It's somewhat useful for its ability to generate, manipulate and allow additional use of Miracle dice, but it has as good as no ability to put out damage outside of close combat and two of its auras need it to be pretty much on top of the enemy before they do anything. You'll take it for its ability to support other units' use of Miracle dice and for the two Miracle dice per Battle Round - if those things prove worthwhile/necessary at least - and it's really to your benefit if your opponent pours fire into it rather than other units that actually pose something of a direct threat.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Yep. Mandatory weapon, so every Immolator and Exorcist is 10 points more expensive on top of the fact they went up in points anyway. Exorcist with exorcist launcher and heavy bolter is 170. Immolator is 80 because it also went up 2 points + whatever turret you pick (turret costs didn't change).

Good thing I have all these heavy bolters lying around, unused, from the Immolator kits of the past...

So, can you take multiple of the shrines?

1 mirale dice (md, so doctor dice) base

+1 for warlord trait

+1 for shrine

+1 for Triumph

In a 2000 pt game, I can see you easily getting 4 base + any you generate a turn. More if you can take 3 shrines, for max 6 a turn plus generations. Maybe not the best use of 335 pts, but it's definitely an option.

So, can you take multiple of the shrines?

1 mirale dice (md, so doctor dice) base

+1 for warlord trait

+1 for shrine

+1 for Triumph

In a 2000 pt game, I can see you easily getting 4 base + any you generate a turn. More if you can take 3 shrines, for max 6 a turn plus generations. Maybe not the best use of 335 pts, but it's definitely an option.

By Shrine do you mean Battle Sanctum? If yes, then you can take multiple, but you'll only ever benefit from one dice. The rule is...

Blessings of the Saint: At the start of each battle round, if there are any Adeptus Ministorum units from your army within 6'' of any Battle Sanctums, gain one Miracle dice. 

It doesn't matter how many you have, you'll only ever get one Miracle dice from the effect. 

So then

+1 per round base

+1 per warlord trait

+2 from Triumph (1 each turn, not round)

+1 from shrine, er, Battle Sanctum

For +5 a turn, plus the ones you generate? It seems like that's pretty solid, especially with the +1/-1 abilities and the strategems to discard them to add to a dice roll, or to bring back a character.

First off, I love the mortifier profile.  Looks like my psychos list is making a comeback.

I know a lot of people are disappointed with sisters only get deny on 1d6.

But I've seen that we have quite a few modifications to that.

1. 1D6 deny - standard
  2. +3 Sacred Rite
  3. -2 to casting within 18 inches

Has anyone seen any other modifications to that?

Edited by ValourousHeart

1d6 +3 from Sacred Rite and -2 within 18 inches, I think that means you can deny a lot of powers pretty readily.  Miracle Dice can make a lot of those denies pretty automatic, too, plus the stratagem to resist on a 4+ is still a thing, right?

Pilfering a 6 from your Miracle Dice + 3 = 9, which means you'll deny a 10- on anything within 18 inches of the -2 aura.  Best part is, you have control over your MD, which means if they roll an 8 for their test in the above scenario... you only need a 4 from your MD pool to deny it.  Gives you 2 pretty solid ways to shrug off psychic powers per phase.

Edited by Purifying Tempest

First off, I love the mortifier profile.  Looks like my psychos list is making a comeback.

I know a lot of people are disappointed with sisters only get deny on 1d6.

But I've seen that we have quite a few modifications to that.

1. 1D6 deny - standard
  2. +3 Sacred Rite
  3. -2 to casting within 18 inches

Has anyone seen any other modifications to that?

Any enemy psykers within 18" of a Canoness' Null Rod are at -1 to cast, the Pure of Will Warlord Trait puts enemy psykers within 12" at -1 to cast (as well as allowing the Warlord to Deny an additional power), and one of the three options available to an Imagifier is to let units within 6" reroll Deny attempts with Shield of Faith.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Kinda curious: Is this the first time that GW has shown off a range of human ethnicities when displaying new models?

I think it was the genestealer cults, unless the arabs and mongols back in 2nd ed guard count but they weren't representing a multi-ethnic social group.

If going that route, why take a brigade if you can fit more sisters in 2 battalions? 180 sisters to be exact

Celestine

Canoness

6x15 sisters

hospitaller (for morale ignore stratagem)

imagifier

Canoness

Missionary

6x15 sisters

You still need melta for tanks so why not take max sized retributor squads so those 2+ cover saves are protecting something and storm bolter dominions are still a cheap-ish first wave so there are better things than just spamming troops sisters. You also need at least 2 and preferably 3 imagifiers.

Also that's 30 extra ladies to paint.

Nope, that will depend on local wysywyg restrictions. If a legal model looks a certain way then its still a legal model, wyswyg is for options.

Personally since I don’t use repressors I think it might be a good thing if they weren’t strictly matched-play legal. Then they’d have to balance the army around what is actually in the codex and available to buy, rather than worrying about Dominions in a FW unit that hasn’t been available for years.

On the other hand, it would suck to lose one of our 4 vehicle units (excluding walkers).

Edited by Servant of Dante

I just got a sinking feeling in my stomach after seeing the Red Gobbo rules going up.

... is anyone else suddenly thinking the Repressor is going to end up relegated to Warhammer Legends?

It's FW, innit? So as long as they keep it in their lineup, it probably won't be Legends. Just have to wait for the once-per-decade update from FW.

I just got a sinking feeling in my stomach after seeing the Red Gobbo rules going up.

... is anyone else suddenly thinking the Repressor is going to end up relegated to Warhammer Legends?

I've never purchased a FW product. For me, the Repressor becomes MORE accessible if it's moved to Legends, not less. Of course, I don't do tournaments, or even competitive play really; for those that do, this may be more of an issue than it is for me.

The Triumph of St Katherine is an 18 wound T3 Character.

I am suspicious of its ability to survive beyond turn 2 with all the multi-damage weapons kicking about (even with the 4++ Save and -1 to hit)

Committing multi-damage weapons to shoot it could be a trap with all the Miracle Dice tricks which it can perfectly well use on itself. Watching your big weapons bounce off invulnerable saves is bad enough, watching it happen when they don't even have to roll dice is worse. It probably makes more sense just to shoot the vehicles with those weapons.

Its buffs do not need line of sight nor does most LOS blocking terrain hinder it moving and charging because it has the Infantry keyword. Hide those ladies in the bottom level of a ruin while buffing everything all around and threatening to jump out and assault anything which gets too close.

It's buffs are incredibly mediocre and short range. +1 to hit in melee is nothing, especially on a 6" move unit. The miracle dice things is of dubious value.

It's going to die to spare bolters/stalker bolt gun fire, not lascannons. Using miracle dice to save it is more of a trap for us than them.

Even if it does charge it doesn't hit particularly hard. It only kills 3 intercessors at full wounds.

It might see some fringe use in infantry horde lists if the battle sanctum can los it, but that's about it.