Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pandora's Bitz Box's Tyranid Heirophant

Tyranids Heirophant Conversion Golden Demon Forgeworld

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Pandoras Bitz Box

Pandoras Bitz Box

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts

I actually have a quiet evening right now so I can finally share some pictures of my Heirophant. So I worked on this guy for about 6 weeks, maybe a bit more. I think I must have done an average of about 2 hours a night on it. I was inspired by a friend to get it ready to enter into Golden Demon at Warhammer Fest back on May 12th. Until I get my ass in gear to work on it... it pretty much lay built, black and dormant for about 2 years, until Christmas when it got some base colours for a game... then the interest died down after that until march. I hope you like it, I got a Finalist Pin for my troubles too which was nice!

gallery_106203_14654_32578.jpggallery_106203_14654_47998.jpggallery_106203_14654_47531.jpg

gallery_106203_14654_18265.jpggallery_106203_14654_8032.jpg

gallery_106203_14654_63975.jpggallery_106203_14654_58956.jpggallery_106203_14654_38495.jpg

gallery_106203_14654_20133.jpg

I'm aware that these pictures are frustratingly small. I had a sort of shortcut method for changing the picture size, by saving the thumbnail images off our blog... but I think they must have updated it recently so that the thumbnails are a lot smaller. I'm using the exact same method as I did before when I got decent sizes that were small enough for Bolter uploads but a decent size to look at.  Ill have to figure out a new way to resize them I think. 

Anyway, if you want to see more pictures of it, or these pictures at a more reasonable size feel free to check out the Blog Post on it and just skip the words XD

Id love to hear what you think, if theres anything you would have done differently or something you like that you think I could expand on so please, comments are very welcome!

• jbaeza94, Dr_Ruminahui and ranulf the revenant like this

Bolter and Chainsword Threads

CHAOS

TYRANIDS

www.PaintingInTheDark.blog

Twitter: @Pandorasbitzbox

Instagram: Pandorasbitzbox

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
Geez ! I wish I had the imagination to do something like this!!

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7413.png

Pandoras Bitz Box

Pandoras Bitz Box

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts
There's not that imagination in this! The only conversion in this is the Marines on the base and underneath the model, they aren't even that obvious as the model is so impressive. All you have to do is have a go, everyone e has to start somewhere!

Bolter and Chainsword Threads

CHAOS

TYRANIDS

www.PaintingInTheDark.blog

Twitter: @Pandorasbitzbox

Instagram: Pandorasbitzbox

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
I saw you take that glorious bug out at the judging table to hand it over.

A ripple went to the crowd, what is THAT?!

Amazing work you did there. (Love the cut out of the base).Deserved pin!
gallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Rogue

Rogue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
  • Faction: Red Brotherhood and Gorgons
Why did you do the base like that? Purely aesthetics, or something else?

tn_gallery_48988_15094_11499.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_13535.png ETL_Medal_02.gif gallery_48988_15465_5689.png ETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gif

This year: two primus, sixteen neophytes, twenty-six acolytes, four aberrants, four genestealers, two familiars, achilles ridgerunner, brood brother commander, two commissars, tech-priest, twenty-four brood brothers painted

Last year: patriarch, magus, primus, iconward, abominant, five acolytes, ten brood brothers, clamavus, five aberrants, eight genestealers and three leman russ tanks painted; 188 marines, one assassin, a dreadnought, two land speeders and a stormtalon based

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tyranids, Heirophant, Conversion, Golden Demon, Forgeworld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users