Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Small List Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Velzhaed

Velzhaed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts

Hey all! I'm interested in building a 500 point Ork army for some test runs. I was hoping you might have some suggestions on units to run. I'm not looking to win, just hoping to build something that will give a good feel for the army.

I would like to go CC-focused, so I was thinking Evil Sunz for the movement/charge bonuses. 30 choppa Boyz, a Weirdboy to throw them across the board. Maybe some Nobz or Tankbustas for a little more punch?

I'd appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks!

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,414 posts
  • Faction: Orks, Blood Angels

30 boyz and a Weirdboy are already going to be a pretty strong force against anything anyone else can field at 500 points. I would include a Warboss, so you can advance and charge with the boyz, as well as use him for opening whatever armor your opponents can bring at 500. After that, I'd say fill however you want. A few Mek Gunz, grots, a cheaper Nob unit, all would fit around one large boy mob pretty well.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread
(updated: 2/2/20)
IA: Dune Vipers
(work in progress; updated: 10/17/19, v.1)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_18945.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pnggallery_48988_15738_9905.pnggallery_48988_15094_2398.pnggallery_48988_15094_1454.pngsml_gallery_74802_15827_1987.jpg
(click on the images to see my vows!)

dchmp

dchmp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

I agree with Toaae.  As far as Nobz or Tankbustas I wouldn't use them in a small force as they are not point cheap you really need as many bodies as you  can field. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users