Choices Choices

SyNidus

So I've updating my Night Lords. Here's the question:

Should I use the new sculpts from Shadowspear or use the betrayal at calth Mark IV marines?

On one hand, I am planning to get oblits and I do like the bigger sculpts...

On the other hand, I have always dreamed of having a horus heresy army. With the B@C, i can always use my marines both in 30k and 40k. Plus a friend is getting me a Night Lord Praetor.

Which would you guys go for?

I'd say go with the B@C - since it's a bit older you're more likely to find better deals, and you'll be able to pledge the whole box for ETL rather than just the chaos marines of Shadowspear ;)

Also, you seem to be rather more focussed on the marines and obliterators rather than the extra stuff like the venomcrawler and greater possessed, and I imagine the Oblitetarators will come as stand alone sooner rather than later

Well, as far as price goes, since I am mainly using $AUD, everything is expensive so price differences between Mk IV and new CSM's not much different for me anyway which is why I have been buying whole kits over bits. 10+ years ago it was cheaper to get bits for small units/ conversions. Even going 3rd party its like this for me. 

Actually that's a fair point really. Yeah i don't care much for the venomcrawler or the other models. 

Well since it seems you like the old models, and you like the Night Lords (some real history there) and you want to save money then I think the BaC set is probably a good suggestion.

Plus, if you end up not wanting the whole box you can sell some on to another player to have another Heresy player near you, or you could paint them up as two legions to play the board game itself (which is actually pretty enjoyable)