Cool to see the crates and barrels Ive designed in use! :)

At first my barrels were chopped down dried spaghetti, just like these ones...

20190607_2250145937674046293438883.jpg

Then I saw the barrels (and crates) on Vanguard Miniatures and suddenly they're popping up on all my bases.

20190607_2248312786908808062162776.jpg

20190607_2249087586896576042682121.jpg

So thank you very much for designing them :)

I am loving the paint scheme on those Cerastii Knights! Sterling stuff! Special marks for the tiny Household symbol on the shoulder shield!

Thanks, I'm really pleased with how the Mamaragon colour scheme came out. So much so I'm really tempted to do a full Knight force.

Edited by splayedpaintbrush

Deal. Where am I going...if your in Washington state, I could actually rebuild your house, as I am a registered contractor...I will totally trade renovations for not/baneblades

Sadly enough I'm on the other side of the ocean. To give you an idea, check this out. :tongue.:

@splayedpaintbrush - I've also done some street lights which are already in store. Shipping containers should also be out pretty soon, did two variants for now, more of them later. And I've also made a beginning on doing grimdark (interior) furniture, lots of WIPs.

Edited by malika666

Think this might appeal to @Fajita Fan, given his recent Knight building escapades.

I've been assembling Knights myself:

3x Questoris Knight Errant

3x Questoris Knight Paladin

2x Cerastus Knight Lancer

House Mamaragon grows!

20190613_2331233795939964251635181.jpg

Oh, and I painted some Reaver trim too - sigh.

Edited by splayedpaintbrush

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm struggling with this paint scheme. I'm not sure I like it :(

Test assembly of the Reaver, after changing the trim colour about 3 times (green armour trim done).

20190630_090950989698930789612732.jpg

Still a way to go I suppose. But right now I feel like sacking off Solaria and painting Warp Runners like I originally intended to.

Anyone feel similar about their painting at times?

Very nice. The red looks a bit flat, maybe just the light or camera though.

Just a thought: what about sponged red? Even if not really "pure" Solaria.

Great minds think alike - well so they say :)

There's actually a fair bit of shading on some of the red plating, however I was really struggling with highlighting it. The red does look flatter in the pic than real life - but it is still boring to look at.

I wondered about adding some sort of texture to the red.

So I went and looked closely at the Solaria pictures in the TD book. The red armour looks like it has a marble effect on it. So I've experimented with some inks and tried to get a dark marble effect going on.

First attempt:

20190703_2109076722530183521486098.jpg

I think the marbling attempt really helps. The red is no longer too boring next to the busy green.

But I think I need to try and get some thin pale veins in there too. Maybe some almost black ones too.

What do people think of the red marbling on the fist?

I think the green is really effective, very nice! I agree with Mendi about the red, though. Possibly a brown or sepia wash would help give it some depth?

The mottled green is so good. Maybe Carroburg Crimson or Agrax shade on the red. Help it pop.

I'm pleased you like the green, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. I was really pleased with how it turned out at first. Then other Solaria titans started appearing and I got "green envy" and started disliking my own. Hence stalling any further progress.

Did his crotchplate fall off?

Yes

I love the marble, how did you do that? I'm trying to do an uneven red on mine and that looks just like I wanted.

Very simple!

On top of a shaded/highlighted armour plate. I used a dark brown ink/wash, used Army Painter Strong Tone here. Slap on some heavy wobbly stripes. Leave it to partially dry. Using a clean brush suck up the remaining wet paint. This leaves tide marks - which are what forms the 'marble veins'. Leave those to dry some more. Then repeat. Keep it up till you're happy with the effect.

I tried different colours too, well Army Painter Soft Tone. It is probably only noticeable on the carapace launcher, and only if looking really hard. I also used some purple ink, Scale 75 Inktense Violet, and a fine tipped brush to add really thin random lines here and there.