I'm really scared to try the marbling technique.

do you not have any spare armour plates knocking around? Failing that just a piece of plasticard would do I suppose.

That's what I'm doing but I didn't spray enough of them in the last couple of weeks to build up the red for practicing. The air outside is now soupy and hot. :(

Thoughts? It’s not as good as yours, I think I need to use some brown because the red->black is a sharp transition. Maybe I should have done my red the way you did your green, I like the speckled look.  

0BCD007F DEDD 44AC 9C14 18A30BDB8498

I avoided using black wash for that reason, as I thought it'd be too strong a transition, hence using a dark brown. I used purple ink to add some thin dark lines for the same reason - black would be very stark, but nearly black would be interesting.

That said, I like your warhound, the image doesn't look that stark a transition - maybe it's the pic.

Guess I'm fortunate I can undercoat all year round.

• 9 months later...

There was a metallic thud, followed by a grinding noise and the whine of servo motors. Eventually the hatch began to move. As the armoured portal swang open an avalanche of junk mail was pushed along the floor. Disturbed dustmotes hung in the still air, caught in the light lancing through the opening door.

"Hello, anyone there?" a voice called.

"I'd just thought I'd drop by and show you these..."

Errr, yes, hello. Long time no post. Still any hobby project progress is better than a side lined project, right?

Well over the last couple of weeks I have managed to get some work done on my Legio Solaria Titans (can't think what might have caused this spurt of painting

Thanks guys, glad you like them.

Thought I'd upload some progress on the red armour plates. I figured I ought to concentrate on the Warlord or the Warbringer, to keep up some progress - because all that trim is soooo damned daunting!

So the red armour for the Warlord has been 'marbled'. No stippling involved on the red though @Fajita Fan.

solaria_warlord_redarmour_2_wip575306012

Sorry, not the best pics I've taken.

And of course I couldn't help hanging the plates off the Warlord hull...

solaria_warlord_redarmour_1_wip443493185

Not much different to what's above really. On to the gold trim now though.

The red marbling on the Titans is excellent, as is the Warlord's base.

The colors you've chosen compliment each other nicely, and the crater on the base is great. I love playing with elevation on bases.

• 1 month later...