Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pts World Eaters - Aiming for fluff and competitiveness.

Khorne World Eaters List

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters + Daemons

I've been collecting and casually (on a bed with books for terrain) been playing mono-Khorne for a decade. There is a GW in my area now and I want to get more into the competitive side of things. I have only played one game of 8th edition and that was at launch of 8th with the indexes.

I've got the following list for a core that I would like some critiques on. I've got the 30 man blob of cultists because I need an excuse to use my heavily converted // green stuffed Dark Apostle. I've always run Berserkers even back when they were hot garbage and my primary opponent was a Space Wolf player. I put the venom crawler in there just because I have a decent conversion of one and I still don't have a third maulerfiend after all these years. 

World Eaters Battalion (-1CP Gift of Chaos) 4CP 1002 Pts

• Daemon Prince // Khorne // Wings // Dual Talons // Brass Collar // Slaughterborn // 180 pts
  • Dark Apostle // Khorne // Wrathful Entreaty // Benediction of Darkness // 100 pts
  • Khârn the Betrayer // 120 pts
    • Chaos Cultists x30 // Khorne // Autogun // 150 pts
    • Khorne Berserkers x8 // Powerfist + Chainsword x 1 // Chainaxe + Chainsword x7 // Icon of Wrath // 154 pts
    • Khorne Berserkers x8 // Powerfist + Chainsword x 1 // Chainaxe + Chainsword x7 // Icon of Wrath // 154 pts
  • Rhino // Khorne // 72 pts

World Eaters Spearhead 1CP 574 pts

• Lord Discordant // Khorne // Baleflamer // 180 pts
    • Maulerfiend // Khorne // Lasher Tendrils // 132 pts
    • Venomcrawler // Khorne // 130 pts

And that leaves 424 points or so extra that I could do a number of things with. I could add another berserker squad, rhino, and then a heldrake. I could do two obliterators and a heldrake. I could do Karanak, a 20-30 blob of deep striking bloodletters, and some hounds. I could add a bunch of bikes (are melee bikes even worth it for khorne?) and maybe some warp talons... I could even do a daemon command squad with a pair of daemon princes and a bloodmaster or I could break my mono Khorne rule and do Bel'akor, Khorne daemon prince with the axe, and a Bloodmaster. Any thoughts?

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 732 posts

If you add Khorne daemons then you could replace your WE prince with a Khorne daemons Skullreaver prince.  

You should strongly consider a 2nd Lord Disco in your list.  

Also you should consider taking Illusory Supplication on your apostle.  5++ is better than -1 to hit if you keep him near your cultists.  He could also shield your rhinos on turn 1.  

Mekhitar

Mekhitar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
  • Faction: Ashen Wing, Mercurial Legion
I recommend at least putting a power fist on your zerker champs and running an exalted champion with them. So kitted, they can handle even a knight in Cc with just 1 squad - and the power fists are only 9pts each.

I like a WE drake because it covers the whole backfield with its deny range, which means no pesky elf psykers popping powers off from the backfield.

And - I know khorne is all about the charging, but as a cc lover myself you cannot go wrong with a bit of shooting to clear light screens. The cheap version of terminators isn’t bad at it, or bikes with storm bolters.

If you want mono khorne but not necessarily mono Legion, you could take a large red corsairs csm squad to kill things with bolter discipline & then bring them back in your opponent’s deployment zone for maximum melee. They won’t kill things well in cc, but you can lock up some of your opponent’s units, then touch those units wth daemon engines and be safe from retaliatory shooting in the following turn. I pinned an ethereal between 2 princes, a disco lord, and a horde of csm, and my tau opponent was so sad...

Eta: I see you DO have powerfists... don’t know how I missed that the first time round!

Edited by Mekhitar, 30 May 2019 - 06:48 PM.

Do you hear the people sing?

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts

Is two necessary because if you have just one it will get tabled even with target saturation?

I like a WE drake because it covers the whole backfield with its deny range, which means no pesky elf psykers popping powers off from the backfield.

And - I know khorne is all about the charging, but as a cc lover myself you cannot go wrong with a bit of shooting to clear light screens. The cheap version of terminators isn’t bad at it, or bikes with storm bolters.

If you want mono khorne but not necessarily mono Legion, you could take a large red corsairs csm squad to kill things with bolter discipline & then bring them back in your opponent’s deployment zone for maximum melee. They won’t kill things well in cc, but you can lock up some of your opponent’s units, then touch those units wth daemon engines and be safe from retaliatory shooting in the following turn. I pinned an ethereal between 2 princes, a disco lord, and a horde of csm, and my tau opponent was so sad...

I don't own and have never used bikers, would you run two squads of 8? And how many bolter bros in that blob of Red Corsairs are you thinking?

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Karanak and 3 hounds are a good choice. You could also drop your current daemon prince for a champion, then take a supreme command detachment of 2 Daemon Princes and Skulltaker. Give one double claws, one Skullreaver.

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 732 posts

Is two necessary because if you have just one it will get tabled even with target saturation?

Well if i was facing your list as guard I would target that lord disco every single time on turn 1 using Old Grudges.  

The lord disco is so strong it just seems like a no brainer to take another.  Redundancy is good and it is a great unit.. what is not to like?

Mekhitar

Mekhitar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
For the red corsages, you want at least 15 (195 pts), but can go up to 20 (260pts). All of them with bolters. They can screen for you on t1/t2, hold all your back objectives, and have staying power - not against riptides and avenger Gatling cannons, keep out of range of those - and on t2-t4 you can teleport them upfield with the strat. Use the bolters to clear soft targets, and then wrap an enemy unit or two, and keep them and all your characters safe. Basically the same trick folks pulled with cultist squads, but more resilient.

I take bikes in units of 6, but that’s just me.

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts

Thanks for the advice guys. The idea I found most exciting for some reason is adding two squads of bikes and a heldrake. I just got in 6 bikes and I am kitbashing them with an old forgeworld berzerker upgrade sprue that I had been saving. I am going to order another 6 bikes when I can afford to. I'm definitely going to try out your other suggestions as well. I've tons of DPs and 30 bolter bros.

• Mekhitar likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,218 posts

I mean, if you want to add some shooting, you can't go wrong with a squad of Teeth of Khorne

teeth-of-khorne-concept-by-jes-goodwin.j

And by that, I mean Havocs

Havocs with four chaincannons are SCARY with the amount of shots they put out.

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts

I've taken the Exalted Champion suggestion for re-rolling wounds seriously and here is what I am thinking for now...

World Eaters Battalion (-1CP Gift of Chaos) 4CP 1249 Pts

• Khârn the Betrayer // 120 pts
  • Exalted Champion // Khorne // Murder Sword // Plasma Pistol // 79 pts
  • Exalted Champion // Khorne // Thunder Hammer // Plasma Pistol // 96 pts
  • Bikers // Khorne // Combi-bolter + Chainsword x 8 // 138 pts
  • Bikers // Khorne // Combi-bolter + Chainsword x 8 // 138 pts

World Eaters Spearhead 1CP 743 pts

• Daemon Prince // Khorne // Wings // Dual Talons // Brass Collar // Hatred Incarnate
  • Heldrake // Khorne // Claws // Baleflamer // 167 pts

That leaves eight points to put some power weapons on the biker squad, possibly some melta if I drop the plasma pistols on the two Exalted Champions. Now the question is how much of a game changer is the Lord Discordant? I haven't seen any battle reports with him and if he is just going to get shot off the board turn one if I've only one of them why not just bring the Daemon Prince.

Edited by Schurge, 17 June 2019 - 06:26 PM.

Mekhitar

Mekhitar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
I take just 1 disco lord. It’s usually not hard for me to tuck him somewhere inconvenient to be shot on turn 1. I give him the warlord trait for the +2 move bubble, and then he runs 14” and gives the maulerfiends 12” moves. I like it - a lot.
  • Schurge likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Khorne, World Eaters, List

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)