Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Road to East China Open - Sept 2019

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,075 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I'm finding that or 110 points a Twin-HB/Twin-Auto (6xS5,4xS7) dread is very, very good for fire support. 

I feel like at that point I'd rather take Suppressors to be honest. For 105p you get 6 S7 AP-2 shots at 48" range. A Dread with HBs pretty much alway in range of every anti tank your opponent has and often has to move so it hits only on 4s and with Autocannons it has less damage output but is more durable for whatever might be in range to actually shoot at it. Though Suppressors are infantry so gain easily cover in ruins for a 2+ save which is not to be underestimated either.

Of course at that point it also depends on the rest of your list. If you have enough other armour you might want to go with the Dread to provide more target saturation and if you don't have much other armour you probably don't want to give your opponents anti-tank an easy target by taking just a Dread.

Edited by sfPanzer, 14 June 2019 - 04:56 AM.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,551 posts
Currently looking at 2* auto/bolter and 2* quad bolter dreads and a hbss sicaran as fire support
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,551 posts
Didn't realise the suppressor auto is -2. May swing for one unit
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Corbulo Tactica

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 924 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

"1 is none, 2 is some" ;)

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"
gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpggallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_05.gifETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gifETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_15162.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

keeblerartillery

keeblerartillery

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 316 posts
Here is what I am playtesting next mort, based on your meph ideas and how much I liked the sicarans (and to some extent, suppressors) and disliked the VanVets -

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [36 PL, 679pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Captain [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Bike Squad [4 PL, 71pts]
. Scout Biker: Twin boltgun
. Scout Biker: Twin boltgun
. Scout Biker Sergeant: Storm bolter, Twin boltgun

Suppressor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Grav-chute
. Suppressor Sergeant: Accelerator autocannon, Grav-chute

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [29 PL, 467pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Mephiston [8 PL, 160pts]: 1. Quickening, 2. Unleash Rage, 6. Wings of Sanguinus

Librarian Dreadnought [9 PL, 142pts]: 1. Quickening, 6. Wings of Sanguinus, Furioso fist, Storm bolter

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout: Boltgun
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

. Scout: Combat knife
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Combat knife

. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [73 PL, 854pts] ++

+ HQ +

Lemartes [7 PL, 100pts]

+ Elites +

Death Company [18 PL, 200pts]: Jump Pack
. Death Company Marine: Boltgun, Chainsword
. Death Company Marine: Boltgun, Chainsword
. Death Company Marine
. . Bolt pistol and chainsword
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine
. Death Company Marine

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank [14 PL, 185pts]: Heavy bolter
. Two heavy bolters: 2x Heavy bolter

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank [14 PL, 165pts]: Heavy bolter

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 204pts]
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

Edited by keeblerartillery, 14 June 2019 - 03:59 PM.

• Morticon likes this

gallery_62972_14467_3723.jpggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,120 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Didn't realise the suppressor auto is -2. May swing for one unit

I’m waiting until you take larger squads.

Only a fool will claim a loyal and proven Primarch would ever turn ...

=][=

my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,551 posts
I would consider a few fists on the DC. Points are tight in your build and the only place I can see you getting them is if you swap out the third detachment and lose a captain instead of lemmy.
This will free up some points for 2 more SG too and maybe more HBSS on the other sicaran.

Edited by Morticon, 15 June 2019 - 01:34 AM.

• keeblerartillery likes this

Corbulo Tactica

keeblerartillery

keeblerartillery

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 316 posts
Hm. Good points. I suppose 1 CP won’t make all that much difference. I liked 2 CPT slams but I think I’ll like the fire support more

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,551 posts
I think the 2 extra fist SG and then the 4 or so fists from D.C. Will make up for it!

Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,551 posts
You can actually do 3 SG with fists and 3 DC fists with 124 points. Pretty solid!!

Corbulo Tactica

keeblerartillery

keeblerartillery

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 316 posts
I added 3 fists to the dc, 2 sang guard (3 of 8 now have fists), a HB to one of my scout squads and sponsons for my sicaran. Great suggestions mort! Looking forward to what you come up with. This means I’ll likely be starting my sang guard on the table. It’s going to be all about positioning now to see if I can get rage on them from mephy if I wings them first turn with slam and Libby dread. But I definitely feel more comfortable with my shooting elements now

Edited by keeblerartillery, 15 June 2019 - 11:12 AM.

keeblerartillery

keeblerartillery

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 316 posts
Mort - something else I was considering were redemptors - solid midfield fire support for a fairly reasonable price. I was considering dropping the second assault element completely, doubling down on either death company or sang guard as my primary assault force, and really focusing on a durable, mobile fire support element of sicarans and a redemptor or two. Thoughts?

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,551 posts

Mort - something else I was considering were redemptors - solid midfield fire support for a fairly reasonable price. I was considering dropping the second assault element completely, doubling down on either death company or sang guard as my primary assault force, and really focusing on a durable, mobile fire support element of sicarans and a redemptor or two. Thoughts?

Play the One-Two punch for three games first, before you even consider it.   Then, after that, give it some thought.   

Corbulo Tactica

Dont-Be-Haten

Dont-Be-Haten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,304 posts
  • Faction: Carmine Blades
Hey Mort,

I know you're really liking the scout bikers.

Have you looked at combining them alongside some melta/plasma bikers? 140ish points for 10 wounds and 2 melta guns isn't terrible. I've found myself starting to write lists with two, five man squads in an outsider detachment alongside a squad of 3 land speeders with double flamer.

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_Angallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgxpyOWpw.jpggallery_62972_14467_9083.jpg

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,551 posts
DBH- interesting you've mentioned it, because yes, I have. A lot of lists I've been designing have actually has three plasma guns in the 5 man biker squad. Really want to check it out

Corbulo Tactica

Dont-Be-Haten

Dont-Be-Haten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,304 posts
  • Faction: Carmine Blades

DBH- interesting you've mentioned it, because yes, I have. A lot of lists I've been designing have actually has three plasma guns in the 5 man biker squad. Really want to check it out

That's cool. Just brainstorming, but they gel perfectly with the biker priest. To replenish wounds, as well as speed and movement. They are basically better ASM.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten, Today, 11:08 AM.

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_Angallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgxpyOWpw.jpggallery_62972_14467_9083.jpg

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,410 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

As someone who uses grav-bikers somewhat regularly, they get focused HARD :(

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:3
1250 Death Company List (jump)  W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:2
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users