Road to East China Open - Sept 2019

Morticon

This thread has been very insightful, thanks for all of your running commentary. Good luck!

I'm curious to know how the single Invictor works out. It seems like the type of unit you might need to take several of to make work. Unless the intent is just to draw a few shots away from your Contemptors on the first turn? If I missed your answer to that question previously, sorry.

Edited by Hintzy

Keeble, two of my vanvets have dual chainswords. With rage they each get 6 attacks. The shields are more valuable though.

Hintzy,

The Invictor has been a game changer for me. He's 131 points of distraction carnifex. He becomes target priority one, which is where his strength lies, not only in his potential damage output.

I foresee these guys in almost every marine list

If you want a unit that dishes out lots of S4 AP0 attacks I'd rather take DC with chainsword and Bolter instead of VV with double chainswords. Same amount of attacks in melee but also 1-2 S4 AP0 shots at 12"/24" range per model and a 6+++ for about 15 more points or something per 5 models.

Lucked out with being paired with a newbie whitescars player.

Took game one 27-13.

https://live.bilibili.com/h5/19907?share_medium=android&share_source=weixin&bbid=XYF09A7F6CD6AD4EA0CC496B5AC9D1A015C88&ts=1568419943217&from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Tourney being streamed on Chinese service bilibili available on mobile app download

Muscle beach takes it 20-18....

Rushed last two turns saw me make a tactical blunder that would have had us at 19-19.

Little bleak. But he played a brilliant brilliant game and rolled disgustingly hot to boot. No mistakes on his part.

Drops me down heavily though