Few Questions about Vigilus detachments

I looked around for a good while but couldn't really find an answer to my questions. I'll make super brief amd easy

1. Is Emperor's Fist or Wrath and their respective strategems worth spending the CP on?

2. For Fist warlords, is the relic battlecannon better than a executioner plasma cannon?

3. Are Wyverns good in Wrath? (Most posts I see just say "Take HWS with mortars instead, but they're never talking about Wrath detachments)

Fun bit with the first detachment. If you look at the strat for charging mortal wounds. It targets an enemy unit, so if you pile 3 russes into it. That is 3 rolls for mortal wounds. Just saying

I was gonna give a bit of a summary on this in my thread as I took the artillery formation to the last event.

At the bare minimum spending the 1 cp to have the opportunity to double tap a twin link basilisk (for 4 CP) isn't a bad ace to have up your sleeve.

As for the WL trait and Relic from it... Its very situational. I think I used it one of each in 1 game respectively. One against space Marines where there was cover the other against IKs where AP-1 was part of my gambit with the wyvrens. If you know what the terrain is like and if you're facing hordes they're both probably helpful.

Wyvren? Depends on the meta. I brought it hedging my bets on orks. Didn't face any orks... At which point a hydra would have been better for my match ups. I realised during the game the half move strat only works on infantry which sucks.

Would I recommend wyvren vs a 3rd basilisk? Probably not unless you're in a horde meta.

I was toying a bit with the wrath for the half movement strat too...for me the let down is that doesn't prevent advancing. Halfing the normal movement isn't that big of a deal most of the time with infantry, especially when it means giving up actual damage potential.

So after 5 games at the recent friendly tournament I attended. Here are a few thoughts about the Emperors Wrath detachment

Firstly my opponents were

AdMech / sisters / IK

Eldar

Deathwatch

Ultramarines

IKs

I paid the 1 cp to have the detachment, where as the field commander and extra Relic I was able to choose on a game by game basis

The detachment was bare bones

Primaris psyker

MoO

2x basilisks

1x wyvren

Catachan doctrine - was very handy :D

I only selected the Relic and WL trait for my DW match up and the WL trait (+1 AP) against the IKs

(I could have used both in the UM game but it was a friendly and that was vs a 12yo kid with a fluffy list no need to overkill him)

The ignore cover on the wyvren against SMs in cover was nice. Would be great if the wyvren had this natively again.

The extra AP on a 6 to wound was barely reliable. If you have a spare CP it doesn't hurt but in my CP light list it wasn't really worth it.

The beauty of the detachment for me is being able to double shoot a twin linked basilisk (4cp!) in a turn where you really need something to die. (unfortunately for me both games this happened my opponent made all their saves <_< )

I was disappointed when I realised the half movement strat only works against infantry...

Handy for orks I guess?

Part of the reason I took the detachment and the wyvren was I was expecting more orks and tau drones. Neither I faced but suspect in those instances the wyvren with Relic and WL trait would be more valuable.

Overall its a handy 1 cp detachment if you want a few tricks up your sleeve. Nice to have in a take all comers list, otherwise fairly situational.

I would probably take it again in a more optimised tournament list where I had more cps too. Possibly even just making an entire battalion as the detachment.