Mek Gunz ?s

dchmp

Hey Ladz!

I've been scrap building MeK Gunz and have 10 platforms done.  My question is what gun is best on them?  On paper and in small games I've done more damage with the smasha gunz.  What have you all found to be most effective?  Would it be better to run a variety of gunz, or sick to one type?   

Hey Ladz!

I've been scrap building MeK Gunz and have 10 platforms done.  My question is what gun is best on them?  On paper and in small games I've done more damage with the smasha gunz.  What have you all found to be most effective?  Would it be better to run a variety of gunz, or sick to one type?   

It depends on how you define Best.

Which ones do you like , just build those.  

I have 12 Mek gunz. 6 Smasha Gunz, 3 or 4 KMK's and or 3 or 4 Bubble chukkas. (I haven't looked at them recently for an accurate count.)

I built all my Mek guns over last edition and was very pleased with the new D3 shots. The Mek gun is better than it was as well if I remember it used to be D3 damage before the codex. 

The Bubble chukke is easier to use than it was in the Index as well. I don't see any real point to the Traktor Kannon over the rest. I might take one or two tops ever but they just don't do enough to make me happy. 

My favorites are the Smasha Gun and Bubble chukka the KMK is good too. 

Edited by Warhead01

Smasha Gunz. Easily.

I posted about it when the codex was released, but the gist is that Smasha Gunz are, point-for-point, better than KMKs and Traktor Kannons against all targets T7 and below. KMK's are marginally better against T8 and higher, but not by enough to make the fewer wounds worth it. Both KMKs and Smasha Gunz are better (point-for-point) than Traktors even against -1 to hit (though at -2 and more, Traktors finally pull ahead). I didn't do bubble-chukkas due to the sheer variance making an average sort of dumb.

So, to maximize the points, Smasha Gunz. KMKs can be taken if the number of mek gunz is the bottle-neck, as they aren't much worse than Smashas offensively (again, because they effectively have half the wounds of a smasha gun for the points, they are much worse defensively). Traktor Kannons really aren't any good, unless all you play against are Alaitoc Flyers.