=][= E Tenebrae Lux VII =][=

Thank you all - it's a lot of work but highly rewarding as the community embraces the event! :smile.:

@ Krautscientist: Duh... YEAH!!! It looks better than the original! Hamadrya? 

Cheers, Captain! This gentleman will be my first vow, then! :smile.:

@ Captain Semper & Atia: Uhhh, I knew I wouldn't be able to sneak the missing Hamadrya by you guys. So I'll have to improvise, but I am not without inspiration... :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist

Two questions.

1 - Do 3rd party miniatures count? I have a whole army of "sororitas" from Raging Heroes.

2 - I don't have the codex, so I have no clue what the points are. Is it acceptable to post a vow and ask someone with the codex to tell me the points?

Well, now the cat is out of the bag, I could use a confirmation:

I've switched around some Acolytes and Neophytes, so the Acolytes have ranged weapons and Neophytes melee, but I should be okay going by points/WYSIWYG per the weapons, yes ?

(ie: vowing Acolyte models with autoguns and H.Stubber as Neophytes pointwise is the easier way of explaning)

Maybe a dumb question - for the IFOR vows, are the secondary forum units that can't exceed forum of preference units counted as total, or per vow? Like if I do 3 FoP units & 1 secondary in vow 1, can I do 1 FoP & 3 secondary in the vow 2; or is it 1 & 1? Just so I know how to manage my vows.

Per vow... Otherwise it's going to be even more difficult for me to keep track. Also if it's in total, people might do the non-forum of preference stuff first, complete them and then not make a follow up. In that case I will be in the awkward position to nullify an otherwise perfectly good vow on a technicality... 

So to keep things manageable, it's on a per vow basis. :)

Capt Semper, doing some cleanup and reading waiting for a FW order to come in before I Vow, and I realized my signature needs cleaned up. 

Was there a version of the Green Square Medallions in my signature for last years ETL, or should I use the vertical banners like in your hidden signature if I want a common look? 

Sorry Roland, that was a format we tried out with SG back in the day where we flirted with the idea of keeping the green marble look as a standard for all ETLs going forward. However we changed our mind as we opted for individual imagery for each ETL - so this format (with the little squares) was silently dropped. Plus it also has other limitations too (like only 8 small squares fit in the length of the 300x100 banner. 

Also it was supposed to be worn like this to economise on space:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2012a.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013a.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_04_Oath_Breaker_2014.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Banner_03_Corner_Sword.jpg

And if you were to miss one ETL then you'd keep the green square in its corresponding  space. 

Feel free to use the medallion-style badges of previous ETLs if you want a uniform look. Let me know if you need assistance with that. :)

Thanks for the response Capt Semper. 

I originally had it like that, but messed it up at some point adding or moving last years banner. Hence the ask about cleaning up. 

I think I remember how to do it, so I'll get the banners this week. 

So forgive me for being stupid, I can't seem to find where the first weekly update seems to be? Could some kind soul point me in the right direction? Thanks

Still coming. It will be here when it is complete, the good Captain needs to compile all the data, and needs a clean break between weeks to avoid doubling up on data :tu:

gallery_48988_15465_772766.png

+++ETL VII - WEEK 1 UPDATE+++

Well, here we go again: ETL VII Week 1 is over!

So where do we stand?

Week 1 results:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 1
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 101 105 71,434 680553 0.8% 4 Space Marines 343423,738 698 0 0.0% 0Blood Angels 22 2219,528 8880 0.0% 0 Dark Angels 31 35 16,217 463 553 3.4% 19 Space Wolves 14 14 11,951 854 0 0.0% 0 IFOR 28 28 10,806 386 90 0.8% 1 Adepta Sororitas 3 3 1,700 567 0 0.0% 0 AdMech 4 4 1,437 359 906.3% 6Astra Militarum 10 10 4,303 4300 0.0% 0 Imperial Agents 2 2 378 189 0 0.0% 0 Grey Knights 2 2 1,298 649 0 0% 0 Deathwatch 7 7 1,690 241 0 0% 0 Realm of Chaos 49 49 33,230 678 0 0.0% 0 Chaos Space Marines 45 45 31,166 693 0 0.0% 0 Chaos Daemons 2 2 871 436 0 0.0% 0 LatD 2 2 871 436 0 0.0% 0 Xenos 21 21 13,100 624 45 0.3% 0 Aeldari 2 2 905 453 45 5.0% 2 Necrons 6 6 3,605 601 0 0.0% 0 Orks 4 4 1,521 380 0 0.0% 0 T’au Empire 5 5 4,736 947 0 0.0% 0 Tyranids 4 4 2,333 583 0 0.0% 0 AoD 17 17 20,859 1,227 405 1.9% 8 AoD-L 8 8 10,097 1,262 0 0.0 % 0 AoD-T 9 9 10,762 1,196 405 3.8% 15 Total ETL VII 216 220 149,429 679 1,093 0.7% 8

SPACE MARINES:

The Space Marines have (as usual) the most participants in the Adeptus Astartes Faction and come second after the Chaos Space Marines. Their average vow is effectively at par with the ETL average at this point and show no completions yet. Early days you may think, but the Dark Angels have already more vows than the Space Marines and some completions under their belt. So maybe it’s time to intensify efforts in recruiting and maybe some completions? Every year the Space Marines could have won the ETL but have been thwarted by other Forums due to mediocre completion rates. Will this time be different?

BLOOD ANGELS:

Last year’s Champions seem to have a slow start with 22 participants. There is no doubt on the commitment of this Forum but really, this is the period to bring in new recruits. Even if you manage a completion rate similar to last year’s there is no guarantee that it would be enough. Low participation is a handicap you can live without! Also, a Titan? Cool!

DARK ANGELS:

Possibly the best start among the Astartes and maybe the entire ETL! With two satellite events to support the effort and great enthusiasm, the DAs have managed 35 participants so far and with some early completions, they have the most vows in the Faction! However, Chaos Space Marines are way ahead in terms of participants and they have their own satellite event and another one in the making to bolster their efforts. Their biggest weakness is the relatively low average vow – something that can be fixed as time goes by, but if not, it could be a major factor. Also, keep recruiting – it’s early days still and your rivals mobilise!

SPACE WOLVES:

A similar story as in all previous ETLs: A hard core of a small number of Wolfs take it upon them to uphold the honour of the Fang. Well, in order for this to work you need very high average vows, yet, at this stage, the average vow is above the ETL average but not in a spectacular fashion. The trick here is to utilize the next three weeks to bolster their numbers – a traditional target is to reach 30 participants, and more if possible!

ADEPTA SORORITAS:

The Sisters have three participants so far. This is no mean feat for a faction so overlooked by GW over the years (some core minis are around since the 20thCentury) and a new Codex with a brand-new range is to be released in 2019. As such only respect can be extended to the those that the SoB flame is burning so strong inside them that they will stick to the Forum even under those circumstances. Seriously, if you have some SoB minis of the old range, now is the time to paint them, as once the new goodies hit the shelves they’ll be forever forgotten.

ADEPTUS MECHANICUS:

AdMech has a sluggish start. For a Forum with an amazing and weird range of minis, supported by GW and FW I have high expectations. Four brave Magi have already stepped forward, but I’m sure more will emerge. Remember, you can also do Dark Mechanicus here.

ASTRA MILITARUM:

The traditional leaders of the IFOR Faction, they retain their unofficial title again this year. With 10 participants and the most points pledged compared to all other IFOR Forums they are at this stage the best candidates to become IFOR’s Primus Inter Pares… But they should aim higher than that: the mythical 100% completion rate and why not, threaten other Forums like the BAs and the SWs. You need to raise your average vow though, so new recruits do not need to hold back!

AGENTS OF THE IMPERIUM:

Here we have a very timid start.The Agents only have two participants at this stage. A thing I find baffling is that the Custodes range (and competitive Codex) does not attract more participants to this faction. Remember, that you may still do other IFOR units if you so wish – it doesn’t have to be a pure Agent’s force – it could be a very colourful mix! Let’s hope more Agent’s will flock to the Forum next week.

GREY KNIGHTS:

Here we also have a relatively small presence with only two participants – but that was the case last year and the 100% completion rate was achieved! I understand that the GK Codex is not viewed as the most competitive, but at least you must beat the Daemons – it’s a matter of honour! And the model range is quite impressive!

DEATHWATCH:

A very good start, with seven participants it’s second to the Astra Militarum. Can they beat them? Can they take the leadership of the IFOR Faction? Well, the low average vow is a big hinderance, but it’s early days – this can be amended by the arrival of new participants with a higher point count or by revowing. The latter requires some early completions, a task that is more achievable given the low average vow.

CHAOS SPACE MARINES:

An ETL superpower, remains the Forum to beat if you want to go anywhere in the ETL. With a phenomenal 45 participants, more than any Forum, and an average vow on the ETL average they seem strong and confident – but should they be? Enthusiasm is there, but so is in other Forums too. And it’s early days, the optical advantage they currently have may wither and dissipate unless the remaining three weeks are utilised to the most! Also the satellite events? Great idea! The March of the Fallen and the forthcoming Soul Vows will definitely help keeping motivation high!

CHAOS DAEMONS & THE LOST AND THE DAMNED:

The Daemons and the LatD have 2 participants each. I sure hope they intensify their efforts as the former have been outgunned by the GKs (in terms of points if not number of participants) and the latter have the opportunity to eclipse the Guard – the range is there and they have access to all the same goodies plus the amazing Renegade Knights! The next three weeks will be crucial for both Forums – so here’s to hoping!

XENOS:

The Xenos have a predictable beginning. They even had a completion! The only thing I don’t get is the Eldar… The range is fantastic, their Codices are considered competitive and they have the option to go for Craftworld, Drukhari, Harlequins and Ynnari all in the same vow! The Necrons seem to have a lot of momentum with 6 participants and with an average vow of 601pts they seem to OK. That is until we count the Tau! With 5 participants and an average vow of 947pts they seem to be making a more aggressive start in the event and right now they seem in a good position to challenge the Primus Inter Pares – Xenos!. And they have an Inner Circle member playing on their side! The Orks are also doing well, but they need reinforcements. They also have a veteran Inner Circle member playing on their side (at least it’s green) but the next three weeks will be crucial if they want to challenge the Tau and the Necrons. Low average vow also doesn’t help much, but this can be rectified with future vows (new participants preferably or strong re-vowing). The Tyranids are doing much better this year with four participants which was the total they had last year! And with an average vow of 200pts higher than Orks, well, it looks like they are well placed in third position within the Xenos Faction. If the recruitment rate keeps up, they might be posing a threat to Necrons and the Tau! They are not that far behind! And that new Genestealer Cult range? Seeeet!

AoD-L

Although both AoD Forums are toe-to-toe, the Loyalists are a bit behind. By a very small amount mind you, nothing that cannot be overcome by a single vow. Especially given that they have the highest average vow in the event so far.But that means they cannot relax because the Traitors seem to have a lot of momentum and drive this year! Also, another Titan? Super cool!

AoD-T

The Traitors have a very good showing at this stage. With 9 participants and the second highest average vow (by only 66 pts less than the AoD-L) they sure seem full of confidence and drive! But it’s early days still, so it’s important to maintain this momentum or things will become ugly fast! Keep up the fighting spirit and good things will happen!

--------------------------------------------------

For those interested in the satellite events :

THE MARK OF THE LIBER: A Liber event to write about your ETL entries

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_808071.png

CROSSING THE RUBICON: A Dark Angels' Primaris event:

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_499628.png

THE HUNT OF THE FALLEN: A Dark Angels' Deathwing event:

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_647565.png

THE MARCH OF THE FALLEN: A Chaos, Fallen themed event:

Hidden Content

gallery_29004_15471_157318.png

CHAOS SPAWN BEAUTY PAGEANT: A Chaos Spawn Beauty Pageant:

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_898980.png

More to follow?

Nice write-up, some juicy bits in there. Great to see the Dark Angels being up for such a good start, but of course I hope that CSM can turn it up a notch even more! :thumbsup:

Comparing this to previous years, this ETL has a surprisingly slow start:

ETL IV

Total participants: 290

Total vows: 295

Total points pledged: 232,561

ETL V

Total participants: 309

Total vows: 313

Total points pledged: 255,539

ETL VI

Total participants: 251

Total vows: 253

Total points pledged: 207,026

ETLVII

Total participants: 216

Total vows: 220

Total points pledged: 149,429

I am 100% certain this has to do with the Contrast paints release holding people back, but damn, the drop is massive. Here is hope for a recovery soon though, with the paints being out next week!

P.S.: You forgot to include the Chaos Spawn Beauty Pageant in the list of satellite events! The best beauty pageant around! :teehee:

Nice write-up, some juicy bits in there. Great to see the Dark Angels being up for such a good start, but of course I hope that CSM can turn it up a notch even more! :thumbsup:

Comparing this to previous years, this ETL has a surprisingly slow start:

ETL IV

Total participants: 290

Total vows: 295

Total points pledged: 232,561

ETL V

Total participants: 309

Total vows: 313

Total points pledged: 255,539

ETL VI

Total participants: 251

Total vows: 253

Total points pledged: 207,026

ETLVII

Total participants: 216

Total vows: 220

Total points pledged: 149,429

I am 100% certain this has to do with the Contrast paints release holding people back, but damn, the drop is massive. Here is hope for a recovery soon though, with the paints being out next week!

P.S.: You forgot to include the Chaos Spawn Beauty Pageant in the list of satellite events! The best beauty pageant around! :teehee:

Perhaps after 7 years we've managed a decent dent in our collective piles of shame.....