Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= E Tenebrae Lux VII =][=

ETL VII ETL E Tenebrae Lux VII E Tenebrae Lux

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,945 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

Thanks Captain Semper.

On a side note I tried to add my new badge today and there was an issue. I know I have seen a post before about zig problems but as I am usually in mobile view I didn’t notice.

Yeah, if you have one of the old ETL-badges, you won't be able to change your signature until they are fixed or until you remove them. I've saved the URL's in a word-file and removed them for now.

• Captain Semper and ChazSexington like this

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpggallery_48988_15200_2138.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_69091_12729_1587.gifgallery_48988_15465_13594.pnggallery_92826_13373_2576.gifgallery_92826_13373_495.gifgallery_92826_13373_3441.gifgallery_92826_13373_5704.png

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 715 posts
  • Faction: White Scars / World Eaters

The only objective criterion, as you might have guessed is that the miniatures must be complete with basing an’ all .

*Grumble grumble*
Thanks for another great event, Cap! I look forward to the next one!

You were warned ! Shame, as they were stunning and easily contenders.
  • Captain Semper likes this
puTG7ZS.pngh1kLNHW.pngl1KOZAI.png

"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -
Something stirs in the shadows. Other Stuff on the Side - WIP

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts
Well done everyone, and thanks to Cap and the rest of the inner circle for putting in all the work this endeavour must take!

A quick query: Do we download and re-host the signature badges?

Edited by MaliGn, 04 September 2019 - 09:14 AM.

Lieutenant Arkley

Lieutenant Arkley

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,990 posts

Excellent job as usual Good Captain, I tip my virtual hat to you man.

Spyros

Spyros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

From the very beginning of my usage of signature badges, I kept them in my gallery here. It proved to be the right choice.

• Captain Semper, MaliGn, Halandaar and 1 other like this

"Whatever the Blood Angels' flaws, nowhere in the Imperium can truer servants of the Emperor be found." , Blood Angels Codex 5th ed.
"Although feared and mistrusted by those they protect, the Blood Angels continue to smash the Imperium's foes, compiling a battle history second to none.", Dark Millenium 7th ed.

"You underestimate our cousins, skald. Their gold and jewels mask a killer’s soul, and we would do well to remember that.", Helik Redknife, VI Legion ‘Vlka FenrykaCaptain

gallery_93095_13980_2976.gifgallery_93095_13980_1591.gifgallery_93095_13980_3726.gifgallery_93095_13980_27776.jpggallery_93095_13980_391.pnggallery_93095_13980_11335.pnggallery_93095_13980_612.pnggallery_93095_13980_5444.jpggallery_93095_13980_1407.jpggallery_93095_13980_11439.png

Spoiler

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Thanks for running the ETL again, Semper, and you do it so well! I sadly got discouraged and did not finish - a first for me in my ETL history! A shame, as the banners look particularly awesome this year!

Speaking of banners: what happened to the previous year's banners? My siggy and about me page are full of errors!

• Captain Semper and Gederas like this

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,637 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Another great event. Thank you for running it Semper.

While artificer is subjective, it is a shame the peteysodes Iron Priest with Thunderbolt did not make it to the artificer stage.

The freehand, sculpt, kitbash, painting and basing of his model is outstanding, certainly worthy to be in the company of those selected

As a suggestion, next year each faction gets to nominate an artificer who can then compete for the title of master artificer?
  • Captain Semper and RikuEru like this
ETL 1v2

Altis

Altis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,588 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Thanks again to all who helped to run the event, and especially captain Semper!

Now to get planning for next year's event, I want ALL the accolades possible, so be warned!

I will of course be signing up to the AoD again.

Iron within!

gallery_48988_15465_12417.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.pnggallery_48988_15465_20603.png

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,341 posts

Well done everyone, and thanks to Cap and the rest of the inner circle for putting in all the work this endeavour must take!

A quick query: Do we download and re-host the signature badges?

The ETL VII images are hosted here on the B&C, right clicking, and copying them will allow you to paste them straight into your Signature :tu:

Thanks for running the ETL again, Semper, and you do it so well! I sadly got discouraged and did not finish - a first for me in my ETL history! A shame, as the banners look particularly awesome this year!

Speaking of banners: what happened to the previous year's banners? My siggy and about me page are full of errors!

They're hosted externally, and there's been an issue there. We're attempting to rectify it.

Jerethdatiger

Jerethdatiger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 127 posts
Well that was fun I need to make sure I paint more next year faction champion will be mine

okonomiyakimarine

okonomiyakimarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts
  • Faction: EC, TS, WB

Thank you Captain Semper for the dedication you put in the organization of the event and analysis of its results!

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,780 posts

Thank you for organizing this event, Captain Semper!!!

While the total number of participants might be lower than before, the activity of those participants was particularly motivating - fewer "inactive" members, more re-vowing and one-upping oneself than usual. Preparation events also helped build up the hype. So yes, it felt a lot more interactive and engaging than in the previous years, and the result with AoD in the lead was particulary unexpected.

As a personal side note, I did get quite a lot done - 2 months (RL took its part) of ETL racking up as many painted models as I usually do in 6. Which is great news, considering Armies on Parade now has its army, and just needs its board too. For next year, I'll prepare more points than this time (I had to build more during ETL), and maybe aim for larger models instead of higher model count.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,165 posts
Maybe I'll finally complete a vow next year.

I'm getting closer and closer every year, but I need to maintain my quality darn it! :D

I also part as fast as a turtle
  • Captain Semper, Chaplain Dosjetka and JJ-McGuinness like this
banana

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,282 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

You were warned ! Shame, as they were stunning and easily contenders.

Yeah, yeah... unfortunately, I didn't even receive the bits I was waiting for to finish the bases until yesterday. Bummer, but I'd rather do it right than rush it. It is what it is.

Edited by DuskRaider, 04 September 2019 - 11:39 AM.

• Captain Semper and Freakshow668 like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 921 posts

Thank you so much for running this, Semper! A big thanks to you and your little Watchers in the Dark! Excellent execution!

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,248 posts

I know before this whole thing starts it's going to be huge. Then I see the results and it's really quite amazing. Semper, thanks so much for taking on this massive beast of a project every year. It is truly an awesome thing to see so many completed models from so many factions!!! Personally, I always push through some models that I'm struggling with as a result.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,150 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

Don't stress over it, with real life biting me in the ass and my mental health I just managed to finish my tiny ass vow's. I feel like I have let myself down with my meagre effort but my heart wasn't in it this year. Next year we shall crush all opposition beneath our boots brother... I believe in you. 

And a big thank you to Semper for another cracking ETL, and good job to everyone who took part, even though your all icky loyalists or xenos lovers. ;)

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Semper Fortis

Semper Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
  • Faction: VII Legion & Dark Angels
Congratulations to all who completed their vows! And to those who were unable, everyone understands that real life happens.

Captain Semper, your efforts in running the ETL are nothing short of amazing! You are a true son of the Lion!

Dark Angels, thank you for providing the incredible competition that inspired the AoD Loyalists to the top. Better luck next year!
  • Captain Semper and StruManChu like this
"Semper Fortis" is the motto of the United States Navy, but please just call me Fortis
gallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_86689_11936_2602.pnggallery_86689_11936_39392.png

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,515 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
Cudos to all winners!

And I can only join in the praise and thanks for running this, Captain Semper!
  • Captain Semper and Chaoself like this
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,449 posts

Man, what a ride this one was laugh.png Congrats to everyone.

The AoD-L had a CR of 86% and a total score of 30,465pt after the penalties. This was a clear victory as the difference with the Dark Angels that got second position was more than 2.7k pts. There is no question that the AoD-L was greatly aided by the ETL VII Martyr, TheStatusJoe but it was also greatly aided by an avalanche of super vows form other AoD-L participants. Hearty congratulations – a heroic effort and a well-deserved one, as the AoD for years was in high positions never managing to secure the top one! And yet now, in the B&C 20thBirthday, and playing against very determined rivals, that commanded way more resources, at least in the opening stages of the event, they managed to see this through and come on top!

Or in a funner way:

Florida Man Came, Saw, Conquered

(note: If TheStatusJoe is not in Florida, the joke doesn't work laugh.png)

It's okay man, things happen. And sometimes we're not able to push past the discouragement and burnout.

Edited by Gederas, 04 September 2019 - 02:13 PM.

• Captain Semper, Semper Fortis and Chaoself like this

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 393 posts
Thanks for another great ETL Captain. Your dedication inspires our dedication.

Can’t wait till next year!
  • Semper Fortis likes this

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,599 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

Great work and great report, Semper. You do His work and I can't wait for next year's challenge (already have some plans to help the Agents forum step it up.)

• Captain Semper and Majkhel like this

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

gallery_48988_15465_5689.png gallery_48988_15465_9618.png gallery_48988_15465_8459.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,742 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Another fantastic ETL to watch and congrats to all those who participated. Even if you didn't finish your vows, my new mantra of "Progress is progress" means you shouldn't be too hard on yourself because any forward movement on getting figures done is a good thing. Believe me, I know how difficult it can be to finish figures down to the bases, and though my Orlock gang disguised as IG vets was only a meager 82 points, I finished 10 of them to a standard I was happy with and they've got the best looking bases I've ever done

• Captain Semper, WarriorFish and Gederas like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,449 posts

Another fantastic ETL to watch and congrats to all those who participated. Even if you didn't finish your vows, my new mantra of "Progress is progress" means you shouldn't be too hard on yourself because any forward movement on getting figures done is a good thing. Believe me, I know how difficult it can be to finish figures down to the bases, and though my Orlock gang disguised as IG vets was only a meager 82 points, I finished 10 of them to a standard I was happy with and they've got the best looking bases I've ever done

Dude, your bases are painted better than a majority of my models :lol:

• Brother Chaplain Kage and Captain Semper like this

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts

I will wear my Necron badges with pride, even though they *are* xenos scum. Thanks again Semper and everyone involved! Thanks especially to the other Xenos factions to keep us on our toes and to my dynastic fraters for keeping to our millenia-old sacred vows and reaching 100% completion!

• Captain Semper, librisrouge, Altis and 2 others like this

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VII, ETL, E Tenebrae Lux VII, E Tenebrae Lux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users