Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prot's Black Legion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

While I use my blog for detailed posts, I'd like to do a little summary of figs I've painted, and battles I've played here:

abaddon-banner1.jpg?w=860

I guess I'll be doing this a bit backwards, but here is Abaddon:

abaddon-prot-1-full.jpg?w=860

• Sception, Sgt. Blank, Surreal Cruelty and 22 others like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Very nice, you did awesome on him.
  • Prot likes this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,692 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Amazing work on the cape (brings up thoughts of the Eye of Terror cover)

I also really like the detailing on the claws :tu:

• Prot likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

Thanks very much guys.

abaddon-banner1.jpg?w=860

Here's some more completed shots from a 6 round ITC event I attended with the army. That 6th game is just grueling. 

army2.jpg?w=860

The Army on display.

And a super fun squad to play/paint:

img_72391-1.jpg

A post of a little image dump from day one of an ITC tournament: LINK

61778816_2418166421751997_83511514055279

And for anyone interested in my 'fun list' attempt at an ITC tournament, I've just finished the Day 1 report: HERE

img_72331.jpg?w=860

Thanks for checking out the progress!

Definitely need to tweak the list if I want it to be competitive. I'm not surprised though, and have no regrets as it was a fun army to play.

• The Blood Raven, Lord Ragnarok, Darnok and 11 others like this

Click to see....

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Those pictures... pure joy to look at them! I always liked your painting style but I love your Black Legion!

Amon777

Amon777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
Wow, that army is beautiful!

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

A small correction:

If you don’t know the hot thing to do with Daemonengines is to play them with the Flawless Host because of exploding 6’s in close combat and the Disco Lord makes that +1 within 6″.

Regular Daemon engines gain nothing by being Flawless Host since, as you hopefully know, they don't get Legion traits. It's really just the Disco Lord who benefits (a LOT) from being Flawless Host and only since the Errata.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

A small correction:

If you don’t know the hot thing to do with Daemonengines is to play them with the Flawless Host because of exploding 6’s in close combat and the Disco Lord makes that +1 within 6″.

Regular Daemon engines gain nothing by being Flawless Host since, as you hopefully know, they don't get Legion traits. It's really just the Disco Lord who benefits (a LOT) from being Flawless Host and only since the Errata.
That is understood. Thanks anyway. I wasn’t using it.... one of my opponents was.

Edited by Prot, 09 June 2019 - 12:11 AM.

• Panzer likes this

Click to see....

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts

Love your work! Do you have any guides for Abaddon's nebula/galaxy cloak?

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,841 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows
Another awesome looking army prot! Love those havocs. The wound counter where did you get that?
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 734 posts
Wow! Thanks for the batrep. Your blog is wonderful in both rich photos and pithy commentary.

I echo Chaz, would it be possible for you to provide us with the recipe for your galaxy/nebula cloak?

Edited by Tallarn Commander, 10 June 2019 - 04:45 PM.

My Chaos Blog (Night Lords, World Eaters, Renegades & Heretics)    http://www.bolterand...ds-vs-tallarns/

My Imperial Guard Blog (Tallarn 23rd)   http://www.bolterand...larn-23rd-blog/

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

http://prot40k.blog/...s-at-itc-day-1/Love your work! Do you have any guides for Abaddon's nebula/galaxy cloak?

I'm getting several requests for how to do that sort of starfield. You do need an airbrush, but it's somewhat layered, and I have a way of adding depth to it that I'd really like to do a video on. The technique started back when I did Eldar (no airbrush) and did starfields on the heads of Wrathlords. Now it's evolved into this and I think it best suits a video for the complexity. I have to figure out if my phone can handle it.

Another awesome looking army prot! Love those havocs. The wound counter where did you get that?

I'm trying to remember. They aren't cheap, and they're magnetized. I'll look for the transaction bills... and I have a review I'm writing up for them.

Wow! Thanks for the batrep. Your blog is wonderful in both rich photos and pithy commentary.

I echo Chaz, would it be possible for you to provide us with the recipe for your galaxy/nebula cloak?

Thanks so much for reading it.

I have put up Day 1 of the ITC  6 game tournament I attended. I did not fair that well, but had fun. I took basically what I had painted for my newer Black Legion. Match ups were super hard though. I never seemed to get an 'easy' game.

First day: Battle Reports

Edited by Prot, 12 June 2019 - 02:44 PM.

• ChazSexington likes this

Click to see....

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts

http://prot40k.blog/...s-at-itc-day-1/Love your work! Do you have any guides for Abaddon's nebula/galaxy cloak?

I'm getting several requests for how to do that sort of starfield. You do need an airbrush, but it's somewhat layered, and I have a way of adding depth to it that I'd really like to do a video on. The technique started back when I did Eldar (no airbrush) and did starfields on the heads of Wrathlords. Now it's evolved into this and I think it best suits a video for the complexity. I have to figure out if my phone can handle it.

I'm trying to remember. They aren't cheap, and they're magnetized. I'll look for the transaction bills... and I have a review I'm writing up for them.

Thanks so much for reading it.

I have put up Day 1 of the ITC  6 game tournament I attended. I did not fair that well, but had fun. I took basically what I had painted for my newer Black Legion. Match ups were super hard though. I never seemed to get an 'easy' game.

First day: Battle Reports

Good thing I've got an airbrush :D

• Tallarn Commander likes this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

With my somewhat disappointed feeling with the Thousand Sons I needed to finish this guy. What a great sculpt they did.:

med_gallery_2760_9960_82459.jpg

med_gallery_2760_9960_16450.jpg

med_gallery_2760_9960_106044.jpg

• Aothaine and Dr_Ruminahui like this

Click to see....

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,891 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Outstanding work as usual Prot! Did you use wetblending on the cloak? It almost gives off a tie-dye look. :D

• Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

Yea... it’s a little psychedelic isn’t it?  Lol

• Aothaine likes this

Click to see....

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,574 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

The cloak and backpack colours are trippy I like it. You should do some gun casings in those colours/style as like a homage to the weapon skins memes in FPS's/ shooters. 

Edited by MegaVolt87, 27 January 2020 - 09:27 PM.

• Prot likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

Sorry for a repeat post, but just want to plop this here since I keep forgetting to reference my Black Legion batreps here:

I'm on the run, but I posted a quick battle report with lots of pics here:

https://prot40k.blog...ks-competitive/

Click to see....

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,789 posts
Your Black Legion are glorious Prot, they really are B)
  • Prot likes this
bl-logo.jpggallery_45765_12339_50558.png
“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP
Tutorial:Glowing Eyes/Power Weapons
Index Astartes:Flesh Eaters

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,637 posts

While not Black Legion persay, my Knights play with my Black Legion usually and I consider them an extension of the Black Legion. (However I've had much more competitive games with the Knights and Flawless Host (Disco Lords))

I am currently trying to find ways to get my Black Legion to competitive play. So I thought I would finish my Preceptor/Desecrator Knight which usually runs with the Autocannon Wardogs.

Prot-Chaos-Desecrator-1.jpg?w=701&ssl=1

Prot-Chaos-Desecrator-closer-3.jpg?w=593

Prot-Chaos-Desecrator2.jpg?w=806&ssl=1

• Dr_Ruminahui and ranulf the revenant like this

Click to see....

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Very cool. the red hand marking is a really nice ...uhm... touch. he has both the chainsaw and the claw :D?

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers
Is that a Knight-sized chainfist? I'd love more pictures of that one.

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,789 posts
Liking the osl, Prot :tu:

Great job B)
  • Prot likes this
bl-logo.jpggallery_45765_12339_50558.png
“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP