Prot's Black Legion

Prot

Thanks very much guys.

abaddon-banner1.jpg?w=860

Here's some more completed shots from a 6 round ITC event I attended with the army. That 6th game is just grueling. 

army2.jpg?w=860

The Army on display.

And a super fun squad to play/paint:

img_72391-1.jpg

A post of a little image dump from day one of an ITC tournament: LINK

61778816_2418166421751997_83511514055279

And for anyone interested in my 'fun list' attempt at an ITC tournament, I've just finished the Day 1 report: HERE

img_72331.jpg?w=860

Thanks for checking out the progress!

Definitely need to tweak the list if I want it to be competitive. I'm not surprised though, and have no regrets as it was a fun army to play.

A small correction:

If you don’t know the hot thing to do with Daemonengines is to play them with the Flawless Host because of exploding 6’s in close combat and the Disco Lord makes that +1 within 6″.

Regular Daemon engines gain nothing by being Flawless Host since, as you hopefully know, they don't get Legion traits. It's really just the Disco Lord who benefits (a LOT) from being Flawless Host and only since the Errata.

A small correction:

If you don’t know the hot thing to do with Daemonengines is to play them with the Flawless Host because of exploding 6’s in close combat and the Disco Lord makes that +1 within 6″.

Regular Daemon engines gain nothing by being Flawless Host since, as you hopefully know, they don't get Legion traits. It's really just the Disco Lord who benefits (a LOT) from being Flawless Host and only since the Errata.

That is understood. Thanks anyway. I wasn’t using it.... one of my opponents was. Edited by Prot

http://prot40k.blog/2019/06/07/black-legion-chaos-at-itc-day-1/Love your work! Do you have any guides for Abaddon's nebula/galaxy cloak?

I'm getting several requests for how to do that sort of starfield. You do need an airbrush, but it's somewhat layered, and I have a way of adding depth to it that I'd really like to do a video on. The technique started back when I did Eldar (no airbrush) and did starfields on the heads of Wrathlords. Now it's evolved into this and I think it best suits a video for the complexity. I have to figure out if my phone can handle it.

Another awesome looking army prot! Love those havocs. The wound counter where did you get that?

I'm trying to remember. They aren't cheap, and they're magnetized. I'll look for the transaction bills... and I have a review I'm writing up for them.

Wow! Thanks for the batrep. Your blog is wonderful in both rich photos and pithy commentary.

I echo Chaz, would it be possible for you to provide us with the recipe for your galaxy/nebula cloak?

Thanks so much for reading it.

I have put up Day 1 of the ITC  6 game tournament I attended. I did not fair that well, but had fun. I took basically what I had painted for my newer Black Legion. Match ups were super hard though. I never seemed to get an 'easy' game.

First day: Battle Reports

Edited by Prot

http://prot40k.blog/2019/06/07/black-legion-chaos-at-itc-day-1/Love your work! Do you have any guides for Abaddon's nebula/galaxy cloak?

I'm getting several requests for how to do that sort of starfield. You do need an airbrush, but it's somewhat layered, and I have a way of adding depth to it that I'd really like to do a video on. The technique started back when I did Eldar (no airbrush) and did starfields on the heads of Wrathlords. Now it's evolved into this and I think it best suits a video for the complexity. I have to figure out if my phone can handle it.

Another awesome looking army prot! Love those havocs. The wound counter where did you get that?

I'm trying to remember. They aren't cheap, and they're magnetized. I'll look for the transaction bills... and I have a review I'm writing up for them.

Wow! Thanks for the batrep. Your blog is wonderful in both rich photos and pithy commentary.

I echo Chaz, would it be possible for you to provide us with the recipe for your galaxy/nebula cloak?

Thanks so much for reading it.

I have put up Day 1 of the ITC  6 game tournament I attended. I did not fair that well, but had fun. I took basically what I had painted for my newer Black Legion. Match ups were super hard though. I never seemed to get an 'easy' game.

First day: Battle Reports

Good thing I've got an airbrush :D

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While not Black Legion persay, my Knights play with my Black Legion usually and I consider them an extension of the Black Legion. (However I've had much more competitive games with the Knights and Flawless Host (Disco Lords))

I am currently trying to find ways to get my Black Legion to competitive play. So I thought I would finish my Preceptor/Desecrator Knight which usually runs with the Autocannon Wardogs.

Prot-Chaos-Desecrator-1.jpg?w=701&ssl=1

Prot-Chaos-Desecrator-closer-3.jpg?w=593

Prot-Chaos-Desecrator2.jpg?w=806&ssl=1

• 3 months later...

I've been trying a very aggressive Black Legion list based on my Tournament ITC list. 

I had one very strong game vs. Dark Angels, but I think it was a horrible match up. 

That battle report is HERE.

Here is the rematch vs the formidable fish people (tau) and I didn't change a thing in the list.

The battle report is on my blog with pictures HERE.

Abaddon-Makes-the-chage-in-T3.jpg?w=806&