Prot's Black Legion

Prot

I’m always playing with a handicap. Lol

thanks for reading it. My free relic was on the MoK Disco Lord. He had the Talisman of Burning Blood for the charge ability.  

Right now I’m really  considering my Chaos Knights back in the mix. It feels like a bit of a cop out to water down the BL component with Knights but I feel like there’s not much else I can try with the BL. Maybe Possessed.... but I was playing that list quite a bit before this whole Covid thing happened. 

• 1 month later...

...and then there’s Prot just painting amazing models and making great threads to post them in!! Beautiful looking models, Prot!! The scattered red bullet tips on Yabba-Dabba-Abbadon’s bullet belt are such a subtle and great little detail!!

Brilliant!! Looking forward to seeing and reading more!!

End of Line

• 6 months later...

Nice work Prot, love the purple robes! What’s up next?

BCC

Thanks!

I don't know. I still have a sizeable unfinished project... my 10 possessed models. I admit they are simply conversions. I simply took 'mutated' limbs from the current possessed box and kit bashed it with the newer CSM boxset. It's a slower grow, but I don't know if I'll play them as Black Legion when the codex comes out. I still want to finish those.

And of course I have my two Forgefiends which I can't tell if they should be BL or Thousand Sons. It's a tough call, especially if Abaddon gets the "Core" treatment, I'm sure those will fall off the edge losing the Black Legion "advantage" and then probably help the Thousand Sons a lot more. 

Hmmmm definitely sounds like you may need to see what the impact of the Codex dropping is going to have then buddy!

I'm tempted to tell you to stick with the Forgefiends for your Black Legion...but thats urely because I want to see them painted up as BL! :D

BCC

Thanks. I'm definitely leaning that way except I've painted so many Thousand Sons up now and you get that urge to pull them out and give yourself a reason to continue them. But the reality is Black Legion has a lot more... variety and fun to it. Psykers, daemons, assault, shooting, great HQ's, just a ton of diversity.