Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda Enforcers Reveal (from UK Expo)

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,712 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Oh yes. To all of it. Primaris enforcer helmets need to go though. I’ll have to find some alternatives.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,902 posts

Well I was holding out to see what the Enforcers looked like and I hate to say I'm severely disappointed with the sculpt. They look like lesser Van Saar to me. Welp not all is bad Artel W has the better Enforcer models!

I feel ya tought the same thing. scion heads will do wonders there.
Could be good neophytes conversion fooder tho.

Edited by Sete, 31 May 2019 - 04:15 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,111 posts
Excellent stuff all around

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts

I am a bit disappointed that in order to get that new tech priest and servitor combo I'd have to purchase so many other models as an expansion to a game I don't own but I have to admit each of the models in that set looks cracking to me.

I'm very surprised by the Enforcer facelift. I like the models but they look really different to what I expected. I guess Skitarii Vanguard heads will be a popular headswap. I would happily build them stock though.

You could probably fund multiple box purchases by selling the Chaos stuff to be honest.
  • Magos Takatus likes this

BloodWolves

BloodWolves

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
Well I think Artel W kept the best homage to the original Enforcers. These new ones look like they're wearing oversized future hockey pads. I think we were mostly hoping for more Judge Dredd and less like the drop troops. But I think I'll wait for the rules to build Enforcers.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,618 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
So what are those enforces meant to be? Are they a gang?

-~Ishagu~-

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,663 posts

So what are those enforces meant to be? Are they a gang?

They're a Gang and also Riot Cops, essentially.

Iirc, the way you're SUPPOSED to have Enforcers be used are the "DM Player Characters" in a Necromunda campaign. So the guy running the campaign can have the ability to play and cause events to happen in it.

Edited by Gederas, 31 May 2019 - 04:19 PM.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,651 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
Are they freaking kidding me with those Enforcers, that is some next-level stuff.

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts
Hello there Imperial Fist Scouts, and I didn’t know that the Raven Guard recruitment had devolved into scooping up feral worlders

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts

The enforcers really drive home how badly aged the SM scouts are...

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,192 posts
The enforcers look nice, although I agree that they could have gone another way regarding the helmets, they look a bit too much "astartes-lite", which does not make much sense for local enforcers when neither the Imperial Guard or the Scions get this kind of stuff.
I really love the design of the weapons, I want to start an Orlock gang but I'm not very convinced by their weapons design, so I am tempted to buy some enforcers just for weapon swapping (the revolvers and shotguns look so much nicer, although I might end up going 3rd party). Moreover, the enforcers might make a nice source for armlured champions or leaders, or hired guns for the gang, swapping some bits here and there.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,712 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
The enforcer heads would be a good alternative for Reivers.
  • Lexington likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

They're a Gang and also Riot Cops, essentially.

Iirc, the way you're SUPPOSED to have Enforcers be used are the "DM Player Characters" in a Necromunda campaign. So the guy running the campaign can have the ability to play and cause events to happen in it.

I think they're going to move away from that and go towards the Enforcers being the personal army/militia of Helmawr. There's nothing concrete yet, but from reading the background it just feels like a change theyre going to make.

The enforcers look nice, although I agree that they could have gone another way regarding the helmets, they look a bit too much "astartes-lite", which does not make much sense for local enforcers when neither the Imperial Guard or the Scions get this kind of stuff.
I really love the design of the weapons, I want to start an Orlock gang but I'm not very convinced by their weapons design, so I am tempted to buy some enforcers just for weapon swapping (the revolvers and shotguns look so much nicer, although I might end up going 3rd party). Moreover, the enforcers might make a nice source for armlured champions or leaders, or hired guns for the gang, swapping some bits here and there.

The Enforcers are (like I said above) part of House Helmawr, the ruling house of Necromunda. A house that has close ties to the Imperial Fists. The Fists have had been associated with Necromunda since before Necromunda was a game, way back in the infancy of 40k. So that's where the helmet reasoning comes from. I don't know if I agree with it, but it's there.

Edited by Toxichobbit, 31 May 2019 - 04:38 PM.

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,991 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Well I think Artel W kept the best homage to the original Enforcers. These new ones look like they're wearing oversized future hockey pads. I think we were mostly hoping for more Judge Dredd and less like the drop troops. But I think I'll wait for the rules to build Enforcers.

What Artel did and what old Necromunda had were ARBITES, not Enforcers. Enforcers are low-level local police. Arbites are sector-level guys.

The way Dredd and Judges in Mega City One work is an ENFORCER job though.

EXPO-May31-Cabal9elf.jpg

I absolutely love these sculpts. CAW-CAW-DOOOOOR! :D

• mithrilforge and Gederas like this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
I’m going to paint those Corvus Cabal models in really bright colours, give them an Aztec feel.

I like the Enforcers too, the weapon designs are cool.
  • PeteySödes, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Kierdale and 1 other like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Well I was holding out to see what the Enforcers looked like and I hate to say I'm severely disappointed with the sculpt. They look like lesser Van Saar to me. Welp not all is bad Artel W has the better Enforcer models!

The Enforcers look good (particularly the boltguns) but I really wish they kept the Judge Dredd vibe. Dredd Style helmets would be enough. 

These are the first Enforcer models GW has ever done. The minis everyone associates with Enforcers are the old Arbites models because GW put out a Necromunda list in an old White Dwarf for them and everyone just used the Arbites models to represent them. 

• Arkangilos likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Lay

Lay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,086 posts
  • Faction: A̶l̶p̶h̶a̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶

The new bare chested cultists look a bit like the old 2nd edition metal sculpts:

https://eternalhunt....ld_cultists.jpg

Overall I like the robed Dark Vengeance ones more.

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts
Are there any photoshop magicians that can make those yellow details red on the enforcers?

I know you wizards exist :D

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

Are there any photoshop magicians that can make those yellow details red on the enforcers?

I know you wizards exist biggrin.png

Give me a sec and I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Was unsure what type of red you wanted so went with the basic red red:

Spoiler

Edited by No Foes Remain, 31 May 2019 - 05:29 PM.

• Azaiel, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, RolandTHTG and 10 others like this

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 622 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
Those Enforcers could be great for cheap Solar Auxilia, given las weapons, new helmets, and a metal armour paintscheme.
  • Son of Carnelian, Arendious and choppyred like this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

These are the first Enforcer models GW has ever done. The minis everyone associates with Enforcers are the old Arbites models because GW put out a Necromunda list in an old White Dwarf for them and everyone just used the Arbites models to represent them.

One of the generation of Enforces/Arbites is 100% a Necromunda release. 1st gen Arbites were for Rogue Trader/1st ed - shown on the bottom left of this picture. They're the ones in pure black with red chest eagles/crests. 2nd gen were for 2nd ed 40k. They're the ones on the bottom left with yellow shoulder and knee pads*. These are the ones you are thinking of that got released for 40k and then were used in Necromunda (I think the gang was actually called Arbites in Necro too).

The rest of the models on this page, the ones with the seperate weapons and the cyber-mastiff were a release for Necromunda 2nd ed. They were released as Enforcers, as shown in the catalogue picture. Whether they were also Arbites I'm not sure - they definitely looked like Arbites. I'd have to dig up the old copy of Necromunda magazine that they were released in, if I even still have it.

c2006usp0936-00.jpg

So endeth the history lesson msn-wink.gif

* I'm sure the bolter guy is 2nd gen, but painted similar to the 1st gen. Not 100% though.

• Azaiel, Sandlemad, Leif Bearclaw and 1 other like this

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

I'm going to see to see the scale for those enforcers, updated scouts count as here we go!

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

I thought the models with the shields were Arbites as well, but I stand corrected. Weird thing about their slotta tab though is that it's labeled Fanatic and not Enforcer or Arbites. 

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Leif Bearclaw

Leif Bearclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,764 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

What Artel did and what old Necromunda had were ARBITES, not Enforcers. Enforcers are low-level local police. Arbites are sector-level guys.

I'm afraid not. Enforcers have iirc always been Enforcers in munda (going back at least to the Necromunda Underhive and Fanatic Magazine days), not Arbites. They were noted as aping Arbites organisation/equipment (because they have the funding to do it), but they've always been a Necromundan, 'domestic' force.

Droz_64

Droz_64

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors/Imperial Army

Those enforcers are going to be my next Guard regiment. Holy :bleep: are those nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users