Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda Enforcers Reveal (from UK Expo)

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Converting plastic/resin is a lot easier than converting metal, though. msn-wink.gif

Not as easy as multi-part figures. 

TRSq4gD.png

• Kriegsmacht, SickSix and Majorbookworm like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Mono-pose is there to stay - it's a new way to attract the younglings who don't have the manual dexterity, patience and skill to deal with the truly multipart figurines.  GW is all about the "new blood" as the core of its business model. 

I like the sniper rifle.  It's tacticute.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons
Uh, what? It's almost the same number of parts as the old Marines and in a number of cases it takes even more manual dexterity to put some of these strangely engineered mono-pose figures together.

These guys are a slightly better step in the right direction.
  • Son of Sacrifice likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

My bad.  I though you were crying.

Carry on.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
Kids don't have the manual dexterity required to glue separate pieces together? Also, the necromunda kits are some of the most advanced and complicated kits that GW have ever produced. Everything you said is ridiculous.
  • Brother Chaplain Kage, Noserenda, Master Commander Ajax and 4 others like this

K0rtmer

K0rtmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 730 posts

Mono-pose is there to stay - it's a new way to attract the younglings who don't have the manual dexterity, patience and skill to deal with the truly multipart figurines. GW is all about the "new blood" as the core of its business model.

I like the sniper rifle. It's tacticute.

I LOLed at this. It's here to stay because the more experienced hobbyists have the manual dexterity, patience, and skill to convert what you call mono-pose figurines nevertheless. That, and because they're of better quality and more detailed than any of the 'truly multi-part' they ever made.

IDK about the Primaris kits, but if really you think putting together the old multi-part CSM required more skill than the new Death Guard marines ... Well No.
  • fire golem, Toxichobbit, Antarius and 1 other like this

— Visit K0rtmer's echo chamber: slow-burn, random projects, Death Guard, Space Crusade. You know, hobby butterfly. 

gallery_80057_10843_8937.jpg

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,391 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
If anyone wants to discuss mono-pose versus poseable, please take it to another discussion. This topic is about the Necromunda Palatine Enforcers.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

Meh new minis with torso attached usually have better poses. Only marines really suffer cuase of the crazy number of styles there was that said I can't wait to see the subjugator upgrades. They should be hella sweet cause it seems the bodies could have been seperated into 3 pieces rather than 5 saving sprue real estate. Kinda hoping they will have variant helmets too but I'm pretty stoked on what Iv'e seen. Also looks like any of the arms can be used on any body with zero effort. Good kit.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome, 03 August 2019 - 03:44 AM.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

I'm honestly contemplating getting these and making a Gears of War COG/Onyx Guard themed group. I'm seeeeeriously contemplating it.

I plan on doing it also 😊
banana

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,693 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Maybe I’m being unrealistic but I’m hoping these guys appear as a unit entry for an Inquisition release. It would be cool to have Twenty of these in Taurox and a squad of Subjugators led by a Hereticus Inquisitor and retinue.
  • Triszin likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

Maybe I’m being unrealistic but I’m hoping these guys appear as a unit entry for an Inquisition release. It would be cool to have Twenty of these in Taurox and a squad of Subjugators led by a Hereticus Inquisitor and retinue.

Or even as Astra militarum as military police
banana

Gundric

Gundric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Faction: White Scars, Death Guard.

I was looking at these for an AM mechanised 'dragoon' type army, but you only get six boltguns AKA short barrel autoguns, in the box. So its a bit of a wait to see what forge world bring out on the extra weapons sprues.

Edited by Gundric, 03 August 2019 - 01:28 PM.

phoenix01

phoenix01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

New article with some rules is up:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Why do they keep calling them 'PalaNITE Enforcers'. It is the PalaTINE hive cluster, is it not?

This article does make me think that Enforcers will, as before, remain more of a Arbitrator (heh) tool than a proper 'Gang' you bring along to a campaign.

Indeed I wonder how Enforcers operate in a campaign. It would be strange to have Enforcers to work a turf, fight over turf, visit the marketplace, or even hire bounty hunters. For a battle they may simply fight as a elite gang, but for everything else their mechanics should be very different.

fighting over and working turf: "enforcing the law" and "collect taxes", maybe they'd get different values from that turf then gangs do, butthey still have a reason to do so, even if it's just "command said clear out gangers in this area"

visiting the market place: this one is harder to excuse, assuming the market in question is a black market, but even then you could excuse it by saying the enforcers are cut off from their official supply lines and/or have to co-operate with local suppliers. this is the one mechanic I see getting either removed or reworked for Enforcers, perhaps tying into the above possibility that their turf has different values.

hiring bounty hunters: who has more power to set a bounty then the enforcers? why shouldn't they be able to hire one? besides specific bounty hunters who don't like cops/have a criminal record of their own/are playing hive gang politics and don't want to step on toes by "siding" with enforcers, I see no reason why they wouldn't take the job, money is money after all.

Visiting the marketplace: protection racket. Perhaps the enforcers aren't so noble and righteous.
  • Gederas likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
I'm a bit disappointed that the bolters have no stock. The recoil is supposed to be hellacious. They must be baby bolts.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,693 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Definitely baby bolts. Or human grade bolts.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,327 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Hmmm i was totally sold but ill wait to see how Subjigators shake out now, that and the FW upgrade kits as they have all the interesting weapons :D 

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts

Hmmm i was totally sold but ill wait to see how Subjigators shake out now, that and the FW upgrade kits as they have all the interesting weapons biggrin.png

I look forward to seeing the assault shields and shock staves mentioned in the leaked rules, I wonder if you can form a phalanx using those?

• Noserenda likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
These will be a popular kit for conversions obviously, I think we'll see some great ideas on the internet this year. I will stash a box until I see what others do with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users