I VulkanLives rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the Salamanders with an allied Freeblade Imperial Knight on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete

1 Lieutenant: 1 Power fist, 1 Thunderhammer, 1 Bolt pistol (90)

4 Techmarines:4 Bolt pistols, 4 Servo arm, 3. Chainsword, 1 Power axe (45, 45, 45, 50)

1 Dreadnought: 1 Multi-melta, 1 Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm bolter (114)

1 Segie Dreadnought: 1 Seismic hammer w/ meltagun, 1 Dreadnought Inferno cannon (169)

1 Mortis Dreadnought: 2 Assault cannons (119)

1 Redemptor Dreadnought: 2 Fragstorm grenade launchers, 1 Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, 1 Heavy Flamer (157)

1 Deredeo Dreadnought: 1 Hellfire plasma carronade, 1 Twin heavy flamer, 1 Aiolos missile launcher (218)

2 Leviathan Dreadnoughts: 2 Grav-flux bombards, 2 Heavy flamers (333), 2 Leviathan siege drills, 3 Hunter killer missiles, 2 Heavy flamers (299)

1 Mastodon: 2 Heavy flamers, 2 Lascannons, 1 Skyreaper battery, 1 Siege melta array (1054)

1 Knight Valient: 1 Conflagration cannon, 1 Thundercoil harpoon, 4 Shieldbreaker missiles, 1 Twin siegebreaker cannon, 2 Twin melta guns(583)

for a total value of 3,321 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://imgur.com/gallery/sWtgDa6

Edited by VulkanLives

I MarshallRigaud rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete Captain in Gravis Armor of total value 118 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Marshall01

Fantastic work, I really love the way your armor's finish turned out! Would you mind sharing your methods, I'd like to have the same finish on some dreadnoughts I'm vowing later?

Thank you! Sure thing. So my recipe for black is really easy.

1. I spray flat black primer/basecoat 2-in-1 from Home Depot.

2. At that point I do a light dry brush with a dark grey that I mix myself because I'm cheap and don't want to buy a grey just for that haha

3. Go around doing all the gold, silver, and red. My white is built up from brown but I never go full cold white. I like it to look like warm light parchment. Now is the time to put on your transfers too.

4. Agrax earthshade the whole thing. Especially the metals. Go heavy with it. Sometimes I do it twice if it needs to be really grimy. I even put typhus corrosion in the joints like they're dripping oil. I like my models DIRTY.

5. After the agrax dries you'll notice that your initial grey dry brush was pointless haha. So do it again now. This is also when I dry brush the base rocks. I like to be a little heavier with the grey around the feet so they look more dusty.

6. Go around fixing any metals or reds that accidentally got some of that grey on it.

7. Now here's my favorite part. As a last step I go around with a small stiff brush drybrushing silver or dark steel on the black in key places. It's basically a thin scratchy, patchy edge highlight. I also stab and stipple the brush to add chips. I usually end up going a little too heavy with this last phase but I just love the look of metal showing through a lot of the paint. Sometimes I do a selective targeted agrax if some parts don't look dirty enough.

Overall, the key is to be really loose with it all haha

Wow! 

@ VulkanLives: Now that's what I call reasserting authority! Although the DAs have more vows in total than the SMs, the latter have by now more than 10k more points pledged. You realise the responsibility to deliver now, don't you? :P :lol: Good luck mate!

@ MarshallRigaud: Welcome to ETL VII. I also have this mini in the pipeline (although mine will be straight out to the box) so I certainly look forward for your take on him. Nice conversion too! 

@ Chaplain Matthias: Congratulations! :woot: Great work there - the first completion for the SMs! Refill? 

@ Primarch83: Love the winter theme! And those Shadowspear minis are sweet! Brilliant! What's the Chapter again?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Falcongek rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars of the Adeptes Astartes and vow to complete 6 Terminator Sword Brethren with storm bolter and power fist of total value 156 points as per codex space marines on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before Pic

DSC00014 1

These are the 6 Terminators vowed for

DSC00019 1

These 3 are too far painted and will probably be completed alongside my vow but out of competition.

DSC00034 1

I Falcongek rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars of the Adeptes Astartes and vow to complete 6 Terminator Sword Brethren with storm bolter and power fist of total value 156 points as per codex space marines on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before Pic

These are the 6 Terminators vowed for
These 3 are too far painted and will probably be completed alongside my vow but out of competition.

Welcome falcongek - good luck with those termies!

VOW COMPLETE

Finished the Marshal, if I think I can squeeze in another vow in time I will!

Hidden Content

gallery_60287_15175_237671.jpg

Congratulations, Marshall! Very nice, clean job there! :tu: I sure look forward for a follow up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, War Angel, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LIX on the side of the Eagles Eternal of the Adele’s Astarte and vow to complete one Primaris Repulsor with twinlinked lascannons, lastalon onslaught Gatling cannon, iron hail heavy stunner, two fragstorm grenade launchers, two storm bolters, and Icarus rocket pod worth 313 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me will bring me Eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For the Emperor! Always faithful, Always forward!

NLdaRtz.jpg

1KDZvBF.jpg

lFLjVV6.jpg