So went into this with high hopes but just been having issues getting motivated.

Here's the work on my squad of Infiltrators. I'm going to do the Shadowspear box in the scheme of the Sons of the Phoenix chapter from the Vigilus Defiant book. Seemed appropriate.

SoPWIP2

Here's a closer look at one of the more completed ones.

SoPWIP2a

Stay motivated brothers!

I’m posting my current standings on my vow so that I can achieve two things. One, obtaining motivation. Two, getting some feedback. My current plan is to paint the frag boxes, the las talons “eye” and of course everything that’s grey, white. Then a couple black gun casings, and the finer details. My question for you all is, those supply containers towards the rear (should have put them on after painting) what color should they be? originally I was going to do them black but now I realize white is more my theme. Any suggestions? I’ll be posting this to my personal WIP, you can let me know there to keep clutter down on this thread if necessary.

j7mj0zQ.jpg

I, Apocalypton, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Fists of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a 5 man squad of hellblasters with plasma incinerators, a squad of aggressors with boltstorm gauntlets and a primaris captain with MC bolt rifle and power sword for a total value of 362 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

gallery_104643_15610_1148571.png

Intersessor Squad

WIP Shot of the Intercessors so far.  For some reason im having issue uploading the Inceptors so ill work on that tomorrow, hoping to have this second Vow complete by the end of the weekend.

Edit:  Got the photo uploaded finally.

Wip Shot of the Inceptors:

Plasma Inceptors

Edited by MarshallRigaud

WIP so far from last night just using contrast

Out of interest, which contrast yellow is that? Nazdreg, or Iyanden?

Iyanden. I tried Nazdreg on a test as I actually prefer the browner shade for fists as opposed to the orange for but the Nazdreg yellow itself is too dark for what I wanted.

Wow! Great progress here in the SMs corner! Welcome to the newest recruit, Apocalyptron - you seem to be really committed! Best of luck!

And congratulations to those who completed their vows - it's been a great boost to the SMs Forum! 

@ War Angel: I think white might be too much of a contrast... too stark. Maybe grey? 

DON'T FORGET, TOMORROW IS THE CUT-OFF FOR WEEK THREE. LET'S SEE SOME MORE VOWS BEFORE THEN!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Chaplain Mollusc, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Marines and vow to complete two five-man units of scouts – one with sniper rifles and missile launcher and the other with bolters and heavy bolter, all with camo cloaks – of total value 178 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL VII Vow 1

Edited by Chaplain Mollusc

Cap, as far as I remember in previous ETL's it's been ok to paint Marines as any Chapter as long as their wargear matched and the points came from the Codex that was originally vowed. Is that the same this year?

Just to break it down, I'm pretty sure it's fine to paint vows that count for this forum using any Chapter in Codex SM. So I could do a vow with some Ultramarines and a Crimson Fist, for example.

What I'm asking about is if I wanted to paint a Primaris Librarian I've converted up as a Space Wolf, can I vow it for this forum as a Primaris Librarian? Likewise, a Cataphractii Captain from an Unforgiven Chapter (you'll like this one) and a Captain from a Blood Angel successor. All points would be from Codex SM of course.

I, Chaplain Mollusc, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Marines and vow to complete two five-man units of scouts – one with sniper rifles and missile launcher and the other with bolters and heavy bolter, all with camo cloaks – of total value 178 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Welcome Mollusc, good luck with those scouts! 

Cap, as far as I remember in previous ETL's it's been ok to paint Marines as any Chapter as long as their wargear matched and the points came from the Codex that was originally vowed. Is that the same this year?

Just to break it down, I'm pretty sure it's fine to paint vows that count for this forum using any Chapter in Codex SM. So I could do a vow with some Ultramarines and a Crimson Fist, for example.

What I'm asking about is if I wanted to paint a Primaris Librarian I've converted up as a Space Wolf, can I vow it for this forum as a Primaris Librarian? Likewise, a Cataphractii Captain from an Unforgiven Chapter (you'll like this one) and a Captain from a Blood Angel successor. All points would be from Codex SM of course.

Technically yes you could. How you paint your minis is your own decision - as long as the comply with the Codex of your choice in terms of points and equipment. It's a bit... hmm... unorthodox and somewhat against the spirit (I mean the ETL is about tough choices after all) but I'm not going to stop you. Enjoy your painting! :) 

@ War Angel: I think white might be too much of a contrast... too stark. Maybe grey? 

Ummmmmmm, ooops....

Hidden Content

5D0HmQt.jpg

Bold choice indeed! But you did pull it through! Great result there! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

I, Disruptor_fe404, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and once again vow to complete one Predator of total value 150 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

64dT3Uf.jpg

Vow number two!

Technically yes you could. How you paint your minis is your own decision - as long as the comply with the Codex of your choice in terms of points and equipment. It's a bit... hmm... unorthodox and somewhat against the spirit (I mean the ETL is about tough choices after all) but I'm not going to stop you. Enjoy your painting! :smile.:

I'll just skip doing that then. It's not like I'm short of models from Codex SM to paint :smile.:. It was just for the personal challenge of doing at least one Marine from every loyalist Primarch. I could always do them as out of event vows too.

Edited by Toxichobbit