gallery_48988_15465_41.png

ONLY 12HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS
AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

Can I continue to make and complete vows after the weekend until the competition ends or are there no more vows after the first month?

You may vow at any point until the end of the event - provided you've completed your previous vow. The cut-off is only for NEW participants.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

-=VOW THREE=-

Alrighty, keeping the momentum up before I go on holiday, here's the third batch. I Halandaar vow to complete the following units before September 1st 2019 or the ruinous powers will do stuff to my corpse etc, for a total of 1544 points.

• Roboute Guilliman
  • Lieutenant Commander Anton Narvaez (Forgeworld)
  • Marneus Calgar (Armour of Heraclus version)
  • 2 Victrix Honour Guard (Storm Shields, Power Swords)
  • Primaris Chaplain (Absolvor Pistol, Crozius Arcanum)
  • Captain (Master-Crafted Boltgun, Power Fist)
  • Techmarine (Servo-Arm, Thunder Hammer)
  • 3 Centurion Devastators (Heavy Bolters, Hurricane Bolters)
  • Redemptor Dreadnought (Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Fragstorm Launchers, Redemptor Fist)
  • Redemptor Dreadnought (Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Fragstorm Launchers, Redemptor Fist, Icarus Rocket Pod)

For clarity, Guilliman and Narvaez are getting full repaints in the silver & black colour scheme of my first 2 vows.

gallery_84244_14462_416420.jpg

I, JJ-McGuinness, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete one Land Raider Crusader and one Storm Talon of total value 438 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow 2

I Malus Trux rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Marines and vow to complete Pedro Kantor, an Imperial Marine, 5 vanguard vets, 10 scouts, 10 intercesors, 3 attack bikes, 3 centurions & a Mortis Dreadnought of total value 1055 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Unfortunately I'm on a smartphone so I'll have to upload the pics tonight.

gallery_29397_12129_137843.png

Edited by Malus Trux

Progress has been slowed due to the insufferable heat and thrice damned work commitments, but I've got a week off booked toward the end of the month which should give me enough free time to knock my vow out.

This may give me the chance for a cheeky second vow all being well.

Vow 2 completed 

Vow 2 completed

Vow 2 is complete.

So it's time for vow 3

Upon validation. 

Jerethtiger, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete 

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [62 PL, 1,087pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**

+ HQ +

Captain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 106pts]: Relic blade, Storm bolter

Lieutenants [5 PL, 85pts]

. Lieutenant: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Power lance

Lieutenants [5 PL, 85pts]

. Lieutenant: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Power lance

+ Elites +

Vanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 146pts]: Jump Pack, Melta bombs

. Space Marine Veteran: Plasma pistol, Power lance

. Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Thunder hammer

. Space Marine Veteran: Plasma pistol, Power axe

. Space Marine Veteran: Plasma pistol, Power sword

. Veteran Sergeant: Grav-pistol, Power lance

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [11 PL, 167pts]: Jump Pack

. 7x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol/Chainsword

. Space Marine w/Eviscerator: Eviscerator

. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Flamer

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 147pts]

. Space Marine Sergeant

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: lascannon

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: plasma cannon

Predator [9 PL, 180pts]: Twin lascannon, Two Lascannons

+ Flyer +

Stormtalon Gunship [9 PL, 174pts]: Twin assault cannon, Two Heavy Bolters

++ Total: [62 PL, 1,087pts] ++

Created with BattleScribeSeptember 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before pic 

Vow 3 before

Edited by Jerethdatiger

Excellent Jerethtiger, a great completion and a follow-up! Will you consider doing the bases?

Generally speaking the SMs are doing quite well, with a very healthy re-vowing rate and a relatively high completion rate among second vows. I think it is evident that you have a numerical disadvantage vs. the CSMs bit you're working towards the right direction to eliminate it. :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Excellent Jerethtiger, a great completion and a follow-up! Will you consider doing the bases

Bases are textured with astrogranite I will go back add add some rocks later basic textured is OK for me for now then I'll fancy it up

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Edited by Jerethdatiger

Feels a bit quiet in here since the doors closed so I thought i'd chip in with an update; Vow Three is on track with all the base colours and washes done, and some of the blacks blocked out. Contrast makes a hell of a difference in terms of getting stuff done quickly while still looking decent. If everything goes well with available time I may even be able to get this vow finished in time for the next update, which would be pretty nuts and unprecedented for me; I usually scrape in with my last couple of Vows right before the final deadline!

I also managed to get a game in using the models painted up in my second vow, which has nice. Shame they all suffered from New Model Syndrome and I got absolutely crushed in the game! Oh well!

I'm nearly there with the Librarian, need to tidy up some and finish some bits. I'm getting there with the Intercessors too, they're just slowly chugging away in the background atm

48183709297_4c979f9f10_b.jpgIMG_20190702_224801 

48183645761_a78a1b8fb8_b.jpgIMG_20190702_224820 

48183708957_16b0ba061c_b.jpgIMG_20190702_224810 

48183645711_248d5fa79a_b.jpgIMG_20190702_224812

I'm actually far enough behind schedule kn my second vow that I likely will be unable to do a third vow like I had originally planned.

Vow 2 will be completed within the deadline, but the inability to do a third vow feels like a failure to me personally! :cry:

Vow 1 progress:

med_gallery_63428_11269_587443.jpeg

Arms just blu-tacced on :D

White is done and weathered but for final Mars Dust over everything.

Green is highlighted, and to be weathered next. Then metallics and red (not much of the latter, just the right shoulder decoration, which is an eagle. There’s no room for a Mentor Legion decal so I’m representing it via doing the eagle red).

Good to see progress here. Remember, historically the SM problem is not low participation, nor low average vow but low completion rate. And the second month of the ETL is the most challenging to maintain momentum. So keep at it! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!