Bah, missed it again! Oh well, here's the completed Vow Three:

gallery_84244_14462_613975.jpg

There'll be a follow up in the next few days, but I need to pick up my Repulsor Executioner from the post office and built it first!

Your production output in terms of both speed and volume is amazing!

Congratulations to all who have already completed their vows, some of which are more than my usual yearly output of painted minis. The speed you work is both amazing and depressing - I wish I had that little something to get me going at your pace. Keep it going! Your work is inspiring.

Second vow complete!

med_gallery_65134_15160_556714.jpg

Some more pictures will be in my crusade thread shortly...

I, Reinhard, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete Lieutenant Castellan armed with a powersword and a Repulsor Executioner with a Heavy Laser Destroyer and an ironhail heavy stubber for a total value of 373 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Accept any challange, no matter the odds!

med_gallery_65134_15160_1196754.jpg

Brothers,

just a few short lines to let you know I haven't given up yet!

I'm encountering quite a few... warp storms… yes let's call them that way... but I'm slowly pushing forward! Honest!

I can't post pictures right now, but I'm almost done with the basecoat, then it will be touch-ups, shading and highlighting. And basing. Is basing optional? Can I get away with just painting the bases some dusty brown and call it a desert? Maybe? I tried...

Seriously though, I should be able to complete my vow, considering I have two weeks off of work in August so it shouldn'e be a problem. However I doubt I'll have enough time for a second one.

I'll try to give an update on my progress with visual aid as soon as possible.

Got more work done over the weekend.

Only the Librarian is needed to be done for the ShadowSpear part of my vow.

SoPWip4

Also started work on the Interceptor in the Solar Hawks colours.

SHInterWip1

And working on the Salamander tactical squad.

SalTactwip2

Alright, this is the situation:

P 20190708 230054

My Ultramarines, except the Captain, are mostly basecoated. I'm saving the big dude for last, a shiny carrot a keep swinging before my eyes so it's easier to get past the grind… I mean, the painting session…

The Macragge Blue armour is done, as the gold trims and black bits (I didn't realize Primaris had so many pouches, holsters and extra bit of flexible underarmour). I'm currently in the process of blocking out the metal parts, first the weapons and then the minor bits on the astartes themselves. Speaking of Astartes, how cool is that series? I'm trying to spread the good news among the heretics non-wrhammer scy-fy fans, but with little luck so far.

P 20190708 230150

I already did the white parts on the lieutenents as well as the Ancient, and I think ithat's a solid enough white. With some duct tape I might be able to paint a convincing red stripe. I still have to paint the sergeants' helms red by the way.

Today I ordered some tools from GW that I should get before next tuesday, including some crackling paint for the bases and some contrast medium: I read right here on the B&C that you can make some super-washes with that thing, which could help speeding up the shading part. Looking forward to try it.

Vow 2:

I, Apocalypton, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Fists of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a Redemptor Dreadnought with Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod and 2 Storm Bolters for a total value of 162 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

gallery_104643_15610_46927.jpg

What should I vow next?

Everything.

On a more realistic note, what are your choices?

Everything ;)

I have a Primaris aprothicary and Primaris kitbash Libraian on my table, primed and ready. An exterminator boxed up and unassembled. The vanguard forces, also siting on their spruce. Oh and a box each of redemptor hellblasters and intercessors also in the same condition.

Of course I also have enough boxes of the old range sitting in my storage to make the local GW store blush. But I’m looking at the future.

Congrats War Angel for your completion and hopefully you'll work out your follow up vow soon. Also good luck to Apocalyptron with his second vow - if you guys keep such a pace this may very well be your year. :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!