MajorNese Uber props to for each of the models in your Vow. Especially a fan of the use of brown on the Infiltrator rifles and how the camo cloaks look. Will definitely see if I can still that when the box sets are released.

Excellent MajorNesse - congrats on your completion! Now guys, keep in mind that CSMs will awake at some point - you really need to build your momentum if you are to stay ahead. Now let's see some more first-vow completions before the cut-off on Saturday! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Yeah, I've already prepared a Deathstorm pod and a Repulsor.

But fielding my AdMech primaris for Armies on Parade might mean doing something for those guys first (which can still be vowed), so I'll wait with the next vow to stay flexible. That Iron Father should hit the shelves at some point...as a side note, would a Macrocarid Explorator with correct loadout and primaris gunner count as LandRaider? The fluff/rules called it a "Mechanicum LandRaider" for half of the heresy, until it got its own model. Looks way more fitting for my guys than the old regular LR...if not, I still have enough to do.

MajorNese Uber props to for each of the models in your Vow. Especially a fan of the use of brown on the Infiltrator rifles and how the camo cloaks look. Will definitely see if I can still that when the box sets are released.

The camo cloaks are rather simple - basecoat black, sponge on Mechanicus standard grey, then sponge on Celestia grey. I've tried more complex stuff with pigments, but those ended up looking weird...

I'm not going to be landing another completion this month as I've got the in-laws visiting and then we're off on holiday for a week, so it'll be early August before my fourth vow is done. But I do have another sizeable vow in mind for number five to score some last minute points :)

Short update:

The termies are coming along nicely

Templarification:

Crosses

DSC00025 1

Tabbards and seals

DSC00196

Basecoat (very much needed. My wife started calling them plastic men with green skirts!!!)

DSC00215

DSC00216

They are much furter than the basecoat atm, I forgot to take recent pics, will remedy that soon.

Grtz

I, golfdeltafoxtrot, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Raven Guard of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete 10 Primaris Reivers with heavy bolt pistols, combat knives, grapnels and grav chutes of total value 220 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_103206_14222_275788.jpg

Vow two is twice as many models but four times the points, which is pleasingly efficient.

Victoris aut mortis!

Random question to my fellow ETLers, Would anyone have some spare Reiver Grav Chutes they could spare?  I have the easy to build guys and was hoping to equip them with some to help get those extra few points for the Codex.  Well that and to make them actually partially useful.

On the vow front, you guys are doing awesome.  I am struggling to meet my personal goals with work and family life taking much of my time.  I am hoping for the full five vows for the ETL this year with my final vow being finally treating myself to a Knight.  But with only just starting on vow two, not sure how thats going to work.

Oh, and another question, what size base is Roboutte on?  And what height is the model?  I intend on making a counts as model (A Regent Pattern Control Node) of a few Primaris together and I want to get the dimensions right so I can properly counts as.

Thanks guys, and keep up the good work.

@ War Angel: is this a completion? I have marked it as such but please confirm.

@ Reinhard: Congrats man! That's the third one no less. Any plans for further vowing?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Very nice going everyone

Thanks for the explanation on the contrast stuff. Did you feel it Was worth it going contrast on the Dread with this more involved process.

It was an experiment but I know what to do now. Last dread I painted for imp fists had about 8 different layers on it so it was definitely quicker, didn't much like the overall colour either. I painted this whole thing in an evening excluding the primer. It was worth it for me so that the dread looks the same as my troops and was quicker to paint. Hopefully my next vow will go ok with it too :

Vow 3:

I, Apocalypton, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Fists of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete 2 x Squads of 5 Intercessors with Grenade Launcher and Power Fist (94 x 2) and a Repulsor Executioner with all the standard plus Heavy Laser Destroyer, Ironhail Heavy Stubber and Icarus Rocket Pod options (305) for a total value of 493 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

gallery_104643_15610_25649.jpg

@ Reinhard: Congrats man! That's the third one no less. Any plans for further vowing?

Honestly, this will largely be up to GW, I have nothing else to paint now or that I wish to get in order to paint it, atm. GW might change this with an upcoming release or two... it just needs to come out in time *wink nudge nudge, GW*

Very nice going everyone

Thanks for the explanation on the contrast stuff. Did you feel it Was worth it going contrast on the Dread with this more involved process.

It was an experiment but I know what to do now. Last dread I painted for imp fists had about 8 different layers on it so it was definitely quicker, didn't much like the overall colour either. I painted this whole thing in an evening excluding the primer. It was worth it for me so that the dread looks the same as my troops and was quicker to paint. Hopefully my next vow will go ok with it too :

Vow 3:

I, Apocalypton, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Fists of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete 2 x Squads of 5 Intercessors with Grenade Launcher and Power Fist (94 x 2) and a Repulsor Executioner with all the standard plus Heavy Laser Destroyer, Ironhail Heavy Stubber and Icarus Rocket Pod options (305)  for a total value of 493 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

No fear indeed! Good luck Apocalyptron! 

This is a completion.

Noted! :tu:

Honestly, this will largely be up to GW, I have nothing else to paint now or that I wish to get in order to paint it, atm. GW might change this with an upcoming release or two... it just needs to come out in time *wink nudge nudge, GW*

Well then, let's wait and see! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!