Vow Completed!

What an ordeal. Next time I'll have to be more careful making my first vow. Eewww.

Congratulations, it's done. And yes, I've been there too - which is why I prefer smaller vows. Few people actually use up all 5 vows, so splitting it is rarely an issue. But doing a unit you lost all interest in is quite a drag, yet you can't do something else until that vow is over. Better vow fewer units at a time, and do the ones you right now want to finish (maybe for the next game) anyway.

Nice colour sceme on the reivers!

Thanks, it's my custom chapter called the Spectral Sicarii. I've got a whole mess of them in my PLOGs linked in my sig if you want to see more of what I do. I don't want to clog this thread up with past posts.

Congratulations Nesse and Wakkomaster for your completions! :tu: Also, Focslain I assume that this is a completion? I'm registering as such but please let me know either way... ;) 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Congratulations Nesse and Wakkomaster for your completions! :thumbsup: Also, Focslain I assume that this is a completion? I'm registering as such but please let me know either way... :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yeah, I can see about getting a better pic over the weekend if needed. 

To continue with a small vow 3 until the weekend:

I, MajorNese, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX VII, on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and for the glory of the Iron Hands, Mars and the holy Toaster, vowing to complete one squad of Intercessors (5x autobolt rifle, auxilia grenade launcher) for a total of 91 points, before 1st September 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Enough to keep me occupied until the weekend. Then the trio of Moirax should have arrived, which will end up as vow 4.

Vow 3 completed.

aimg_1033dhksb.jpg

As FW delivered in the time indicated, I can continue right away:

I, MajorNese, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX VII, on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and for the glory of the Iron Hands, Mars and the holy Toaster, vowing to complete two Armiger Moirax with Lightning Locks for a total of 310 points, before 1st September 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

aimg_103148j45.jpg

Depending on my painting speed, I might add the volkite Moirax as the final 5th vow. At least these give me a good estimation if it's possible to do the last one too.

I've been inspired by a few other late vows so I've decided to try for one more myself! I've had this kit for about 2 years so looking forward to getting it done finally.

Vow 4:

I, Apocalypton, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Fists of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a Stormhawk Interceptor with Assault Cannons, Skyhammer Missiles and Las-talon for a total value of 193 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

gallery_104643_15610_54860.jpg

Oof, Vow 4 keeps getting a bit later (I had the audacity to go away for the weekend) but I actually sat last night and got a bunch of colours down on my infantry guys, so we're approaching the finish line. Hoping to get them done prior to the weekend so I can weigh up what's feasible for Vow 5 in the time that will be left.

Great to see quite a lot of completions and additional vows in the remaining time. And yes, realistic smaller vows to get some more points before it's over.

With GW dragging out the C:SM releases and supplements, we can at least reduce the Pile of Shame before buying new stuff.

Though this surge in activity does remind me of the time at university - you always have a motivation problem, until you have a time problem. :sweat:

Well, I was waiting for my Macro Mat to arrive for my completion pic but I don't know if I'll have it in time so...

Vow Complete:

IsilHnMh.jpg

Phobos LT was my vow. The two Intercessors are his bodyguards that I couldn't vow because they weren't a complete unit, but they do bring my Intercessors from Kill Team up to a 5 man squad now.

I was hoping to get a 2nd vow in but breaking my arm and the subsequent surgery really set me back with my timeline. I paint so slowly that I won't be able to get anything else done before the 1st. I still count this as a step forward in my hobby though because I didn't participate last year, next year I'm hoping to get more vows/points done.

Edited by thewarriorhunter

Any completions guys? Clock's ticking...

Yeah, sure.

I, MajorNese, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX VII, on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and for the glory of the Iron Hands, Mars and the holy Toaster, vowing to complete two Armiger Moirax with Lightning Locks for a total of 310 points, before 1st September 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow 4 completed. Clock had been ticking for what, 2 days 4 hours!??

aimg_1042najdc.jpg

I still got one more Moirax, currently taking a soap bath, as well as a chaplain Iron Father. Plenty of time, considering my average Moirax painting time.

Edited by MajorNese

OK,

So got my termies finshed:

DSC00454

Group shot

DSC00457

DSC00458

3 out of competition ones

DSC00459

DSC00461

DSC00460

Did a lot of sculpting and tried out a few techniques

DSC00462

DSC00463

Home made paper banner with curl effect due to pva glue. Came out pretty acceptable.

Al in all, no more vows for me.

RL is catching up fast (vacation is over, work started and in a few weeks My eduaction courses will also start again, and I have a backlog to finish in reports.

I really enjoyed participating and was impressed by everyones efforts.

Good luck all who need to finish!!