I, War Angel, declare to the council, my second vow, in the name of the Emperor, of Dorn, and of Fidelis itself; that I will complete one Primaris Approthicary, and one Primaris Libraian of the Eagles Eternal chapter on or before September 1st. Success will bring Eternal Glory, and failure will bring damnation until the end of the Terran calendar year.

Total vow is 169 points (nice)

t7rM9Zi.jpg

Okay, new kits have arrived and been built, and I scavenged together a Devastator Squad and a couple of Captains through creative bits-box raiding!

-=VOW FOUR=-

• Primaris Captain (Master-Crafted Auto Bolt Rifle, "Power Sword")
  • Primaris Captain (Plasma Pistol, Power Fist)
  • Primaris Librarian (Force Sword)
  • Primaris Lieutenant (Power Sword)
  • Primaris Apothecary
  • 5 Intercessors (Bolt Rifles) - They're on 40mm bases for coolness reasons as they're going to be my Kill Team
  • Captain (Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield)
  • Captain (Storm Bolter, Chainsword)
  • Captain (Plasma Pistol, Power Sword)
  • 5 Devastators (2 Lascannons, 2 Missile Launchers)
  • Repulsor Executioner (Heavy Laser Destroyer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Twin Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 2 Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2 Storm Bolters)

For a total of 1222 points.

gallery_84244_14462_1348906.jpg

That is impressive.

How did you avoid splotchiness

It went blotchy the first time round even though it thought I was being careful so I ended up going over the panels (just shoulder and body flat bits) with wraithbone again. Wasn't sure what to do so I got a large soft brush, dipped it in the contrast and wiped it on a wet paper towel to get all the orange off and just leave the yellow. I then lightly applied it to the large flat areas just to get the yellow colour on - almost like a drybrush. With a thin brush I went over the rivets and recesses in the same contrast. Not ideal but think i got away with it for the most part. Not looking forward to when I get round to the repulsors though!

888th chapter Adeptus Astartes, 1st company captain in tactical dreadnought armour

med_gallery_63428_11269_54471.jpeg

Hidden Content
med_gallery_63428_11269_95143.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_20722.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_37289.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_85879.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_44107.jpeg

That’s my first vow done.

Next is:

med_gallery_63428_11269_161237.jpeg

Though with a different armour topper.

I Kierdale rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete One Space Marine Chaplain Terminator armour (armed with a crozius and storm bolter) of total value 92 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. Honour to the 888th chapter!

Points from Chapter Approved 2018 and codex space marines:

TDA chaplain 90

Crozius 0

Storm bolter 2

So much much much later then I intended:

VOW 1 Complete

gallery_36568_15515_64520.jpg

gallery_36568_15515_222685.jpg

gallery_36568_15515_3999.jpg

gallery_36568_15515_125412.jpg

I hope to get some better pics at some point (Far less zoomed in)

And so to keep the ball rolling...

I ,Brother Argent, answer the call of the ETL and vow, for the honour of the Adeptus Astartes, the Liber and my once proud (and first) but long lost Chapter the Star Leopards to complete before the 1st September:

A Three Man Aggressor Squad with Flamestorm Gauntlets. (This comes in at 117pts)

gallery_36568_15515_129675.jpg

One Primaris Librarian armed with... well the usual stuff (This comes in at 101pts)

For a total points value of 218 Points

For the Glory of the Liber and the Astartes Brothers!!!

Excellent! A lot of completions! And some follow-ups too :tu: Well done guys - keeping the momentum in July is very important and you're doing a splendid job! Will it be the SMs year this year?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Congrats to everyone on their progress and finished vows!

@golfdeltafoxtrot, awesome bolter conversions! Where did you get the red dot sights from?

Even though I'm not done yet, there's also progress with my vow. This brings me to 6 out of 8 pledged models - considering my usual yearly output of painted miniatures, that's a lot :P

fbXj8sC.jpg

V33P2yW.jpg

I, MajorNese, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX VII, on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and for the glory of the Ravenspire, vowing to complete one captain in phobos armour (119p), 10 infiltrators (230p), 3 bolt aggressors (111p), one redemptor dakka dreadnought (161p), 3 eliminators (72p) and 5 heavy hellblasters (175p) for a total of 868 points, before 1st September 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

etl03ki0.jpg

Vow completed.

aimg_9068hokw1.jpg

I will start another vow next month - Friday I'll fly to Greenland for hiking, and maybe GW has something shiny new for me to do after those two weeks.