+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

I Hintzy rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete one Librarian Dreadnought of total value 142pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

-Librarian Dreadnought - 142 pts

f6RzLUjm.jpg

Just keeping it small to begin with for my first ETL.  I'll be moving house in July, so we'll see how that interferes.  I do have 20 Intercessors which will hopefully be added in second and third vows.  If nothing else my small vow will contribute to the completion percentage, right? :happy.:

I Hintzy rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete one Librarian Dreadnought of total value 142pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

f6RzLUjm.jpg

Just keeping it small to begin with for my first ETL.  I'll be moving house in July, so we'll see how that interferes.  I do have 20 Intercessors which will hopefully be added in second and third vows.  If nothing else my small vow will contribute to the completion percentage, right? :happy.:

Welcome brother.

Anyone have any ideas on what color I should paint my chaplains robes, black on black and red on black just don't really seem like a good idea I was considering going with a purple or a brownish red.

Great progress guys, things seem to be moving on in the red corner! However participation must be accelerated...

Welcome Hintzy - and best of luck man! It's good strategy to start cautiously. :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

f6RzLUjm.jpg

Welcome brother.

Anyone have any ideas on what color I should paint my chaplains robes, black on black and red on black just don't really seem like a good idea I was considering going with a purple or a brownish red.

Red on black works fine imo but you could always go for a plain brown leather coat. Bone colour would work too I guess.

I bushman101 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete :

1 Vindicator and a 7 man Reiver squad

of total value 251 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_52622_15539_1031824.jpg

Edited by bushman101

Welcome among the ranks of our Host, Hintzy and bushman! :smile.:
Some nicely pimped-up Vindicator there. And look who's hiding behind it! :D
And another Libraian dread! The force warp is strong with this one!

Well, pure Mephiston Red cloak would make him look a bit like a Mechanicum adept. However building up from a dark brown highlighted with red would look good and appropriately grim. I've also seen some great paint-jobs where the armor was black and the coat was a very dark grey. The difference can also be in the way the armor and coat are highlighted with different colors (blue for the armor, greys/white for the coat).
Bone color wouldn't be good as he already has some bones on him and we usually want to drew the eye to the face. 

from the internet:
tumblr_p6r1dkTReK1uo7khto1_500.jpg
primaris_blood_angels_chaplain_3__sized.

Edited by Majkhel

I Mostwanted rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete one Captain with Thunder Hammer, Stormshield & Jump pack, one Chaplain with Powerfist and Jump pack and one Primaris Lieutenant with power sword of total value 297 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_27153_15548_243818.jpg

Hmmm... so far the traitor filth have 44 participants, to our 22...

If you are reading this and your faith in the Emperor is unwavering, pledge your unpainted minis to the blessed sons of Sanguinius!

*hides his pile of unpainted Slaanesh Daemons* :whistling: 

Welcome to ETL VII Mostwanted! A big fan of the classic Chaplain with the "hug me" stance!

Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks! I made some good progress with him yesterday. But it's reminded me I hate painting old metal models. The flat areas just aren't smooth like the new plastic stuff and the edges aren't crisp enough which makes highlighting that bit harder!

Checks date...

Checks time...

Checks date again...

Confused that no other vows are in already...

Ho-hum, tally-ho and all that whatnot!

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 4 primaris lieutenants (3 power sword/1 stock) and 2 captains with jump packs (1 th/combi melta and 1 relic axe) of total value 527pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hey Leonaides, that's a lovely vow right there. However, we do need a starting picture in this thread (apologies if you've alerted Semper to this being elsewhere, etc, as i've been offline).

I Kaese rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 14 models (listed below) of total value 1387pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Astorath 105pts

Brother Corbulo 83pts

Captain Tycho 85pts

Chief librarian Mephiston 160pts

Lemartes 100pts

The Sanguinor 150pts

Chaplain (inferno pistol) 79pts

Chaplain in terminator armour (Storm bolter) 92pts

Librarian (Force stave, Plasma pistol) 101pts

Librarian (Force axe, bolt pistol, jump pack) 122pts

Librarian (Force sword, bolt pistol) 96pts

Lieutenant (Chainsword, hand flamer, jump pack) 79pts

Lieutenant (Bolt pistol, power sword) 64pts

Lieutenant (Combi-plasma) 71pts

Total 1387pts

gallery_104948_14179_88716.jpeg

gallery_104948_14179_138972.jpeg

That is a stunning vow and those models should be a joy to paint - how do you plan on going about it though? Batch, individually, a mix of both?

Edited by Jolemai

I, Lynnean, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 112 models (listed below) of total value 2776 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Captain with bolter & chainsword

Libby with stave + bolter

Sanguinary priest with bolt pistol

Chaplain with bolter

2x lieutenant with bolter

Company ancient

3x10 tacticals with lascannon & plasmagun

3x10 tacticals with heavy flamer & flamer

2x10 tacticals with missile launcher & melta

1x10 tacticals with missile launcher & plasmagun

1x10 tacticals with heavy bolter & flamer

Libby dread with heavy flamer

Libby dread with storm bolter

Siege dread with twin lascannon & inferno cannon

Mortis dread with 2x missile launcher

Smashcaptain

Totaling 2776 points

Looking nice lads! Im currently working on basecoating my 100 something lads red

That sounds really exciting and what a monster of a vow that is! Keep checking this thread and our forum for motivation and inspiration, it can certainly be done in the timeframe!

... however, we really need a starting picture to go with your vow. Can you get that up as soon as possible please? Either reply or edit the vow post :tu:

I, Zebulon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 13 models (listed below) of total value 1559pts 1397pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Commander Dante

Astorath the Grim

Brother Corbulo

Chief Librarian Mephiston

Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost

1st Captain in Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer + Storm Bolter

2nd Captain, Plasma Pistol + Relic Blade

3rd Captain, Power Fist + Relic Blade

4th Captain, Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield

6th Captain, Plasma Pistol + Power Maul

8th Captain, Jump Pack + Power Axe

9th Captain, Combi-Plasma

10th Captain, Bolter + Relic Blade

Total of 1559pts edit: I have it on good authority that thanks to Chapter Approved points reductions, my Vow is actually 1397pts. This sort of thing would matter more to me if I ever got a game in...

Edit2: please note the following “before” images. Any paint already on these models (notably Corbulo’s legs) will be returned to a flat primer in the next few minutes. Also please note that the unbased models will be given one of the bases seen below...

1mSKYw1.jpg

wVR3pkW.jpg

5a1OWWQ.jpg

Edit 3: For the avoidance of doubt and in case Semper requires it, here is a “before” picture with all my Vow 1 minis returned to a flat primer coat prior to painting:

BLEE1lE.jpg

Another monster vow! The best part though is seeing how people's painting evolves as they enter events time and time again - I'm quite looking forward to seeing this :smile.:

One little point though, if in doubt, run your ETL stuff through Battlescribe as it's up to date on the points (I appreciate not everyone has that, etc, but it's a sure fire way if it's something you have) :smile.:

Edited by Jolemai

I Majkhel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 14 models (listed below) of total value of 864pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Captain (Jump Pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield)

- 1x Librarian Dreadnought (Furioso fist, Force Halberd, Heavy flamer)

- 1x 3-man Aggressor squad (Auto Boltsorm gauntlets, Fragstorm grenade launchers)

- 1x 3-man Inceptor squad (Plasma exterminators)

- 1x 5-man Hellblaster squad (Plasma incinerators)

- 1x Vindicator (Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter)

Total value: 864pts

med_gallery_105306_14251_5109.jpg

Update on progress: base coat has been strengthened and first shades applied to the infantry. I've also done heads for the Aggressors and started highlighting with Mephiston Red on the Captain.

gallery_105306_14251_55441.jpg

Not the best of pictures, but I hope they show how Inceptors and Aggressors are progressing. Also I have decided on the amount and placement of the Librarius' blue on the Libby Dread (ignore the blue halberd - it was joke :tongue.:)

Captain will have a black shield.

gallery_105306_14251_287293.jpg

Pretty sure I commented on this last year but the speed you work at and the quality you put out is incredible. Any tips for those of us who wish to speed up?

I, Zephaniah Adriyen, Chapter Master of the Crimson and Auric Knights, Dark Lord of the Fallen Sixth, Fabricator-General of Forge World Ragnarus, Warmaster of the Rotting Hand, Princeps of House Astor, Daemon Knight Lord of the Traitors of Leviathan, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete:

One Lieutenant w/Power Sword and Plasma Pistol,

One Captain in Gravis Armor w/Power Sword and Boltstorm Gauntlet,

One Captain w/Hand Flamer and Chainsword,

Five Primaris Intercessors w/Bolt Rifles and one Chainsword,

Five Tactical Marines w/four Boltguns and one Missile Launcher,

of total value 437 pts. on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For Sanguinius and the Omnissiah, brothers!

Edit: forgot the pictures. Please ignore the Librarian in the one picture. Might vow him if I can find a suitable Force Axe head, but not until then.

med_gallery_137555_15490_888145.jpg

med_gallery_137555_15490_858283.jpg

med_gallery_137555_15490_49029.jpg

med_gallery_137555_15490_529387.jpg

Welcome to your first event with us and, I believe, on the B&C - this is certainly the best one with start with!

Any questions, feel free to ask. You've got a manageable vow and the pay off for doing it is a lovely set of models that look fantastic and coherent on the tabletop. It's really worth pushing for completion over the next few months :smile.:

All the best with your vow!

I BlackSky rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 13 models: 

1 Mephiston, Lord of Death

1 Librarian Dreadnought, w. Furioso force halberd, Furioso fist and Storm bolter

5 Death Company, w. Jump Packs, Bolters, 3 Chainswords and 2 Power swords

5 Hellblasters, w. Plasma Incinerators

1 Predator, w. Twin Lascannon and 2 Lascannons

QRfLwib.jpg

A total value 755pts.

To be finished on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Isn't this your first time with us too? It is actually really nice to see your love of the BAs return and it will be pretty cool to see this done considering your usual standard. All the best :smile.: Edited by Jolemai

Cleon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 22 models (listed below) of total value of 828pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Phobos Captain

- 1x Phobos Librarian

- 1x Phobos Lieutenant

- 2x 3-man Suppressor squads

- 1x 3-man Eliminator squad

- 1x 10-man Infiltrator squad

Total value: 828pts

I also pledge to check my camera settings before taking any in progress/completion shots, but trust me, the picture below would have been crisp if the models were a dragonfly outside on a sunny day...

start.jpg

Hey Cleon, always a pleasure seeing you on board :smile.:

I feel you with your camera woes. There might be something in our Photography forum that could help with it :smile.:

As for the vow, how will you begin?