+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

I’m almost there with my infantry. A few more details to do and then they just need basing. After that it’s on to the vehicles with the airbrush, and deciding if I do my Death Visions captain in the usual red or in DC colours - or something in between to show the visions came on at the start of the battle.

'ere we go again:)
I
Majkhel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 12 models (listed below) of total value of 891pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Captain in Phobos armor
- 1x Librarian in Phobos armor

- 1x Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (twin lascanon, DCW, Storm bolter)

- 1x Chaplain Lemartes

- 1x Death Company Dreadnought (2x Furioso fist, heavy flamer, meltagun, magna-grapple)
- 2x 3-man Eliminator squad
- 1x Rhino (Storm bolter)

Total value: 891pts

med_gallery_105306_14251_736970.jpg

Congratulations on your completion Majkhel and for the brave second vow! :tu:

@ keeblerartillery: This is a fantastic effect mate - truly brilliant! 

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

A lot of good stuff going on on here!

An update from me. My Chaplain is now complete thanks to a day off work today. The Jump Pack is magnetized. A normal power pack will be painted aft the ETL. The turbine on the Jump Pack completely covers the Blood Angels decal on the left shoulder pad It will be seen with a normal power pack on though. I also managed to get some work on my Captain in today as well.

gallery_27153_15548_442748.jpg

gallery_27153_15548_254086.jpg

gallery_27153_15548_604765.jpg

Sorry folks, I'm afk with work/life again and I do hope to be back soon for updates, etc. However:

Vow Complete

Tycho the Lost:

gallery_62972_9848_103242.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_59024.jpg

Smash Captain:

gallery_62972_9848_111817.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_43656.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_119940.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_41509.jpg

... and yes, I know the lighting sucks for pictures :blush.:

I [Jolemai, Reclusiarch of the Blood Angels sub-forum] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the [Blood Angels Forum] and vow to complete [1 x Rhino Primaris with hunter-killer missile; 1 x Land Raider Exclesior with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter, combi-plasma; 1 x Land Raider with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter, multi-melta] of total value [930] on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete, that shall be my penitence.

gallery_62972_9848_102552.jpg

Yay, completions! :) Great effort Brothers!

I'd say that among the Astartes Faction, we are in a good position so far. Our number of participants could have been better of course, but it's not bad at all. We have a high average vow (well above overall ETL value) and a very good number of points pledged.

Against Space Marines, it will all come down to completions. They do have a 50% advantage in number of participants, and higher number of points pledged but smaller average vow than we do. Additionally they are historically prone to have less than amazing completion rate and here is where we can defeat them.

We have a good chance against DAs as despite their advantage in numbers, they have the smallest average vow in the Faction and this translates to less total points pledged than we have. Some re-voing is already happening there, but it does not affect the earlier metrics much so far. Last year, they had a slightly above average completion rate, which was still dangerous though, being above 70%

Vlka Fenryka has less participants than we do and despite their undisputable courage, they are way behind us so far. Although their average vow is higher than ours, but not by much. 

However there is still a lot of time to use both by us and our adversaries. Even at the end a coin may flip. Let's not let go and...

Just keep on keeping on!

:)

I Jevsa rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Librarian Dreadnought and 1 Primaris Lieutenant of total value 216 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Librarian Dreadnought (storm bolter) - 142 pts

Primaris Lieutenant (power sword) - 74 pts

VJZQpNS.jpg

Hello everybody, I'm new here but I have been keeping an eye of this forum for painting inspiration for a while. Since I was going to be painting some blood angels over the summer, I figured I should sign up and help out a little in the ETL. My first vow is small, as I didn't want to over estimate what I can get done, but I do have more units available for future vows.

I Jevsa rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Librarian Dreadnought and 1 Primaris Lieutenant of total value 216 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Librarian Dreadnought (storm bolter) - 142 pts

Primaris Lieutenant (power sword) - 74 pts

Hello everybody, I'm new here but I have been keeping an eye of this forum for painting inspiration for a while. Since I was going to be painting some blood angels over the summer, I figured I should sign up and help out a little in the ETL. My first vow is small, as I didn't want to over estimate what I can get done, but I do have more units available for future vows.

Neat Sword.

Yes, that is a neat sword. A neat enough sword I'm curious where it came from, both from a rules perspective and from an "I want that" perspective.

I've got the same ones from pop goes the monkey - various logo versions, but this is the best for blood angels. They're longer than a MK 7 marine is tall, but work for primaris as power swords. The shorter gladius is a more conventional length, but without chapter markings.

Thanks Guys!

Arkhanist is spot on with the link he provided. I want to outfit my primaris with power swords where I could, but wanted them to be distinct from normal marine swords and these worked great for that. You will be probably be seeing a couple more from me as I want to do some intercessor squads and a captain next.