+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

I planefall rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete one Baal Predator with heavy bolter sponsons,autocannon, and storm bolter for 156 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_78051_15661_94636.jpg

Edited by planefall

Tried a new cocktail yesterday:

-three parts Vallejo black - grey

-one part Warplock Bronze

-one part Leadbelcher

Stir with painbrush.

There are two types of painters: those who have drank from the wrong cup and those will drink from the wrong cup.

-one part Leadbelcher

Stir with painbrush.

There are two types of painters: those who have drank from the wrong cup and those will drink from the wrong cup.

I've you thrown in a couple of olives that might have made a passable manhattan.

-one part Leadbelcher

Stir with painbrush.

What about those who have dipped in the wrong cup and then been unwilling to sacrifice the elixir inside and drank anyways?

So far, my experience with the contrast paints has been very positive. Also, the Iydean yellow contrast paint is the best yellow I have ever used. Biggest snag so far is that the BA Red has been completely sold out in my normal brick and mortars. Good news is I still have my normal reds and shades to do it the normal way.

WIP report - Squad Aziraphale complete. Spent faaar too long fussing over the power sword and sergeant shoulderpads, ended up swapping out the sword in the end and just deciding to stop trying to fix every last detail. Still, 1st squad in new scheme complete so hopefully I've ironed out the process and can crack on with completing the rest of the squads faster.

http://i.imgur.com/aS2TKH1h.jpg

Being outnumbered just means we have more targets to hit. And i believe 3:1 was always the mimimum recommended ratio for a successful assault on a defended position.

We are defending our position, let them try and take it from our broken paintbrushes and empty paint pots.

Being outnumbered just means we have more targets to hit. And i believe 3:1 was always the mimimum recommended ratio for a successful assault on a defended position.

We are defending our position, let them try and take it from our broken paintbrushes and empty paint pots.

What are we, Imperial Fists? Do we not take the fight to the traitors, ravage them, embrace the fury and scatter their forces in a single breaking assault?

Lol someone has either been in the military or studied it

Misspent youth so i guess you could call it amature studies... A heavy dose of bernard cornwell, mixed in with a dash of hundred years war history, and an appreciation for the british armys historical ability to hold ground like a greedy halfling with a hamburger.

Add in a dose of 'we're supposed to be surrounded, we're paratroopers'

Folks, during the Great Crusade we were outnumbered and yet we were one of the top three Legions for planets claimed in the vision of the Emperor of Mankind.

Were we not outnumbered on Terra? On Armageddon? On Baal herself? And yet here we stand, each time being victorious at great cost to ourselves.

It matters not if we have less warriors at our disposal, for we have seen first hand what happens when large numbers get complacent (almost everyone is down this year)

It matters not if our vows are small right now, for even the tiniest vow can tip the balance and get the ball rolling (it's all about the multiplying effect and re-vow rate after all)

It matters not if our average is low, for that will change and even out over the course of the battle (we're actually on course for a record high)

It matters not if our completions are low right now as again, this will change (we're also currently 3rd)

What matters is you lot, and how you respond right now. The second month is the grind; this is where we put on the pressure and start moving. Here we need to keep up during the sunny days ahead and fit painting where we can. Get those vows done, get re-vowing, get talking, get immersed in the event. Be on here, on the main thread, even look elsewhere for the inspiration you need to keep going.

If our success last year has done anything, it's galvanised the arch-heretics and given hope to the others, but it's all about how we keep together as a team and keep going. I have always believed in you and still do this year even if I can't be online 110% of the time at the moment.

Knock the vows out of the park folks :tu:

She looks good, Jol!

An update from me: Dante is done, counts-as Astorath is 90% or more. Mephiston I am still wondering about alterations to, but should maybe just finish the model as vowed and not mess around with him. Corbulo is at least 75% done.

Lemartes hovering around 30% done.

Photos will come soon, when they are done!

I’m keen to finish this first Vow as I have more stuff I want to pledge for Vow 2/3 (trying to think tactically and not over promise and under deliver)

Good to see some updates here! :thumbsup:

You've had some important last minute additions to your numbers bringing you at par with the DAs. That's awesome as now we're going to have some serious competition! 

I Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and the Master of Recruits, hereby vow that if the BAs achieve a higher SCR than the DAs at the end of the event, I'll paint, to the best of my ability, the Space Hulk Terminators except the guy with the Flamer in proper BA colours!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!