+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Good to see some updates here! :thumbsup:

You've had some important last minute additions to your numbers bringing you at par with the DAs. That's awesome as now we're going to have some serious competition! 

I Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and the Master of Recruits, hereby vow that if the BAs achieve a higher SCR than the DAs at the end of the event, I'll paint, to the best of my ability, the Space Hulk Terminators except the guy with the Flamer in proper BA colours!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Oh wow it's so on.

Allow me to retort.

If the DA's have a higher SCR than BAs I'll eat my hat  make the squad heraldry for the next termie squad I paint be suitably Dark Angely (real word??).

Cheers

LM

Edited by Mr Yellow

Fantastic paint-jobs, Brothers!
Arkhanist - simple, yet crisp and very nice weathering. Where did you get those Chapter badges?
RedemptionNL - so dark, yet unmistakably BA - really nice!

I'm painfully going through last stages of the Eliminators and Librarian. Unfortunately I got another travel-day Tomorrow with return late at night. But I got a new brush and remain motivated! :D
I will post some pictures as soon as possible.

Fantastic paint-jobs, Brothers!

Arkhanist - simple, yet crisp and very nice weathering. Where did you get those Chapter badges?

RedemptionNL - so dark, yet unmistakably BA - really nice!

I'm painfully going through last stages of the Eliminators and Librarian. Unfortunately I got another travel-day Tomorrow with return late at night. But I got a new brush and remain motivated! :biggrin.:

I will post some pictures as soon as possible.

Cheers! The chapter badges are sadly lawyer nastygrammed discontinued - they were curved shoulder icons from pop goes the monkey on shapeways. The closest replacements are these and these - the latter is what I used on the sergeant. Mainly got them for the DI primaris, will sprinkle them through the rest of the force...

Made serious progress on 5x VV and all special weapon DC.

For better and worse I’m a stickler for details like painting multiple colors on the knife that is sheathed and stored under the jump pack. Like, no one’s really ever going to see that but I spent 2hrs (holiday here in the US today) doing that for 7x dudes.

I try not to remind myself that I have a whole SG squad, DC squad, and another VV to go plus the Sanguinor. Think I’ll save the SG for last since I need to tinker with them a bit.

Long story short, still a ways to go to completing my vow, but making serious progress.

@ Mr. Yellow: The first Titan of this year's ETL is complete! :woot: A very unique paint job too! Congratulations man, not only you completed a very large and complicated mini, not only you complete a 2k point block, but you did so relatively early in the event! And a weird paint scheme too! :lol: Excellent!

@ Zebulon: Congtats! A timely completion and you're now ready to re-vow (at your own time of course)! Well done!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Suppressors now done (except a bit more playing around with decal sol and stormshield to clear up a bit of residual gloss on the decals.)

Progress has been slower than I'd have liked due to work pressures and a heatwave, but still looking to get these all done and a second vow in, the second one will just end up smaller than I'd initially hoped.

sup1

sup2

Sup

First Vow Completed:

gallery_60109_14893_1324773.jpg

gallery_60109_14893_1919259.jpg

gallery_60109_14893_694302.jpg

And I even painted the cockpit

gallery_60109_14893_1826545.jpg

Time to start collecting all the stuff for my second vow.

Cheers

LM

Fantastic accomplishment mrYellow!

I really like the left shoulder/pauldron wih the large, pronounced areas of color. Have you planned before-hand how will you apply this camo-scheme, or just went wild with it?

Technically all game legal now, lemartes and the jump pack chaplain are both almost done. Terminator librarian is blocked out in base colours to about the level of the 2 photos characters, ready for inks/shading. Should be done this week.

gallery_19254_15444_124421.jpeg

Edited by Leonaides

First Vow Completed:

gallery_60109_14893_1919259.jpg

gallery_60109_14893_694302.jpg

And I even painted the cockpit

gallery_60109_14893_1826545.jpg

Time to start collecting all the stuff for my second vow.

Cheers

LM

Fantastic accomplishment mrYellow!

I really like the left shoulder/pauldron wih the large, pronounced areas of color. Have you planned before-hand how will you apply this camo-scheme, or just went wild with it?

Thanks Majkhel. I did plan it out, I went shopping for a massive reference book of dazzle camo patterns a while back and have been plotting since in my head, though never committed anything to paper.

There was a point where I changed my mind a little and ad libbed but not too far off the plan. I think it's fair to say my next effort will be much improved now I know how various patterns look on a completed model. Sadly my Warlord is not on the cards for this year's ETL. I'm moving house at some point over the next few months so don't want to risk damaging it in the move - that and Mrs Yellow would probably be unimpressed by the size and my insistence on displaying it in our current fortress monastery.

Cheers

LM

Excellent work going on here guys, keep it up!

And now for my second vow:

I MrYellow rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Relic Land Raider Proteus, 1 Land Raider and 1 Land Raider Redeemer of total value 956 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_60109_5815_1135605.jpg

If anyone knows what this works out points wise please let me know, I'll be searching online for points cost in the meantime and will edit the post later.

Cheers

LM

Edited by Mr Yellow

There are no special rules for LR Proteus for post-Heresy 40K. I would suggest counting it as LR Phobos (standard LR). The only problem is that LR Phobos comes with a Heavy Bolter, which is missing on the Proteus. Adding a Multi-Melta is no problem.

Generally it goes like this:

Land Raider (Phobos) - 297pts (including 2xTwin-lascanon and twin Heavy bolter)

Options:
-Multi-melta - 22pts

-Hunter-killer missile - 6pts

-Storm bolter - 2pts

LR Redeemer is 284pts (including 2x Flamestorm canon, Frag assault launchers and Twin assault canon)

Options:
-Multi-melta - 22pts

-Hunter-killer missile - 6pts

-Storm bolter - 2pts

Edited by Majkhel