+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Ooooh, nasty! :laugh.:

@ Mr. Yellow: I have put you down for 908 pts - pls confirm that this is the correct number.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sorry, can't count, it should be 956 pts

Thanks

LM

Fixed! :smile.:

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one Sternguard Veteran Squad of total value 134 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_40907_9492_28773.jpg

Vow Complete:

gallery_40907_9492_47574.jpg

Here you see a squad of Legion Tactical Veteran Marines (Sternguard) with combi-plasma purging a world that chose not to become compliant with the Imperial Truth. The great Sanguinius has tasked this detachment with the truly dismal and mournful task of purging a local town of those that would deny the Emperor's grace and care. Truly the great angel weeps for the souls who chose to turn their backs on their liberator and benevolent master!

Will try to take individual shots and post them in another thread so you can see what i've done.

Really like your style - they look regal yet war-dirty somehow... Congrats!

Progress pic:

Hidden Content

Ok...how do upload from mobile? I’m on iPhone

Progress pic:

Hidden Content

Ok...how do upload from mobile? I’m on iPhone

Turn the view into normal view instead of mobile. Then go to your profile button and select "My Gallery" from there upload pictures.

That ^

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Edited by Jolemai

Fixed :smile.:

... but enough about code, do we have any WIPs to share? My tanks have had their second coat of red meaning I can move on to the recess ink stage shortly. I think I might move from batch painting to one at a time then due to all the fiddly bits.

Let's try that again....

Random progress pic:

Good pic showing excellent progress. Especially like the Dreadnoughts all lifting their arms so you can tickle their armpits... :teehee:

WIP time! This is what I was able to do over the weekend. I'm hoping to get the base done and start on the arms tonight and hopefully have it complete by Wednesday. The time I invested was only a fraction of the last one or at least that's my perception of how long it took, as such I feel the quality has suffered a bit but I do think it's still a strong finish for my capability. Maybe after ETL I'll go back and think up some heraldry for the shields on the shoulder and ankle and maybe something for the scroll work or maybe even attempt the Carmine Blades icon somewhere. (I'll need to practice on paper a bit before though)

gallery_93928_15461_369583.jpggallery_93928_15461_823625.jpg

Good progress here too. Is that the head that comes with the model? Doing it white really makes it "pop" :smile.:

Vow 1 WIP Update:

8feYoFi.png

My infantry are mostly done. I have a few finishing touches to put on some of them but I'm about ready to start on the vehicles (Raven, Command Tanks, Dread) - hopefully with the airbrush I can get them done at a decent pace. Plus the final Captain when I decide exactly what colour scheme he'll have.

Lovely, consistent work and should you continue in the same vein, the tanks wont be a bother at all :smile.: As for the Captain, perhaps we can help? What Company is he? Have you painted a Captain before? Do you want your characters to stand out or blend in? Do you like second edition colour schemes? etc, etc.

In the spirit of the ETL, thought I’d post my finished Blood Angel too ( well we sorta got hungry on the way)

FQf5hND.jpg

P.S. Baal was a blast. :wink:

Get out, we don't talk about that here :verymad: Otherwise, we'll set the Tyranid boogeyman on you again.

P.S. Baal was a blast. :wink:

Bah, of course it was! BTW, it would be nice if the so called Great Devourer set up a party of his own and invited us for a change. So far it's known mostly from coming uninvited and eating all the good (and bad) stuff :dry.:

To be fair, some of our "water" ate a good amount of them this time as well. :biggrin.:

This. Probably the only thing to give a Tyranid nightmares.

First Vow Completed:

gallery_60109_14893_1324773.jpg

gallery_60109_14893_1919259.jpg

gallery_60109_14893_694302.jpg

And I even painted the cockpit

gallery_60109_14893_1826545.jpg

Time to start collecting all the stuff for my second vow.

Cheers

LM

In lieu of seeing it in person, it really needs to be viewed on a screen bigger than a mobile phone to be appreciated. It really is such a blur on the eyesight and totally unique - I do wonder why it's not been attempted since Rogue Trader? (Salamanders dessert camo is the obvious example). I wonder how effective it would be in the 40k universe? Pretty sure an Amicus spin off thread is due here.

It's belated, but congratulations again and if you're made enough to go down the full Titan Maniple route in the future then it will be a sight to behold.

Excellent work going on here guys, keep it up!

And now for my second vow:

I MrYellow rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Relic Land Raider Proteus, 1 Land Raider and 1 Land Raider Redeemer of total value 956 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_60109_5815_1135605.jpg

If anyone knows what this works out points wise please let me know, I'll be searching online for points cost in the meantime and will edit the post later.

Cheers

LM

... and I thought I was made doing two Land Raiders (and a Rhino). You'll probably finish this before me too :blush.: All the best!

I'll try to throw up some WIP pictures. This semester has been brutal.

Same here, and I failed anyway. Second chance in august, so have to work all through summer as well. Trying to get some painting done in the meantime. About 20 have a basecoat of red right now!

Got to start more on my vow thanks to the semester being over for me.

Red is coming along nicely along the scouts and devastators, shades also being applied to most. I reckon between work and working out, I could finish in the upcoming week if I stick to it.

I’ll post some pictures later on in a dedicated threat.

Snorri

Finished off the Shadowspear characters and the Eliminators:

command

Hq

Elim

Which makes the vow as a whole complete:

group

Next vow is out with the spray drying, I'll do a pledge post later.

Cleon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 22 models (listed below) of total value of 828pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Phobos Captain
- 1x Phobos Librarian

- 1x Phobos Lieutenant
- 2x 3-man Suppressor squads
- 1x 3-man Eliminator squad
- 1x 10-man Infiltrator squad

Total value: 828pts

I also pledge to check my camera settings before taking any in progress/completion shots, but trust me, the picture below would have been crisp if the models were a dragonfly outside on a sunny day...

start.jpg

I Cleon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 13 models (listed below) of total value of 524pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Gravis Captain
- 1x Primaris Lieutenant with power sword
- 1x 3-man Inceptor squad with assault bolters
- 1x 3-man aggressor squad with flamestorm Gauntlets
- 1x 5-man Intercessor squad with bolt rifles

Total value: 524 pts

vow2

Using up another batch of start set/EtB models I've picked up since 8th dropped, I have a squad of 5 Hellblasters good to go, but I need to get more troops done so they've been bumped to a possible third run to ensure I get these done by the deadline.

I, Zebulon, invoke the right of re-vow and rise a Second Time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 13 models (listed below) of total value 595pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Librarian in Terminator Armour
Chaplain in Terminator Armour

Terminator Ancient
Terminator Assault Squad (5 members)

Scout Squad

Yes, bases will be found for all these...

Starting pics:

KxE3rrf.jpg

ueEIF64.jpg

I5nFw4D.jpg

pOgPKhm.jpg

R0eJTeF.jpg

Edited by Zebulon

Good to see the progress and the new vow guys! :tu: Now keep in mind, it terms of completions, the difference you have with the DAs is the Titan. So you need to make sure it's more than that... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!