+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Is there something I'm missing? Why's there a rivalry between the Dark Angels and Blood Angels here?

It's more a Captain Semper rivalry :biggrin.:

Good to see some updates here! :thumbsup:

You've had some important last minute additions to your numbers bringing you at par with the DAs. That's awesome as now we're going to have some serious competition! 

I Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and the Master of Recruits, hereby vow that if the BAs achieve a higher SCR than the DAs at the end of the event, I'll paint, to the best of my ability, the Space Hulk Terminators except the guy with the Flamer in proper BA colours!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey guys! Forgive me if this isn’t the right place, but since this is all about painting, here is a tutorial I did on how I painted my power weapons!

https://youtu.be/Sfjd6kYtzOc

Already done conventional airbrushed NMM-style for my power weapons, but I am totally stealing that for my force weapons. :wub:

Hey guys! Forgive me if this isn’t the right place, but since this is all about painting, here is a tutorial I did on how I painted my power weapons!

https://youtu.be/Sfjd6kYtzOc

Saved for later use. I'm always struggling with power weapons. ^^

So, progress has been slow - children have not been helpful (!) but getting there - Phobos Captain and Lt are based and LT needs shading but they are pretty much at the detail stage now, some of which is already done. Lemartes is almost there to join the other Chaplain so the last hold-up is the Terminator Librarian. He is progressing though - combi-weapon is basically painted, armour blocked out and i want to do his tabard the same as i did the primaris librarian, a nice deep shaded red which wont take too long.

I hope to have these guys out of the way by the end of the week and be starting on vow 3.

gallery_19254_15444_142414.jpg

Edited by Leonaides

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (Dual Kheres assault cannons, Cyclone Missile Launcher) of total value 194 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_85660.jpg

Thought of the day - So today i went looking for inspiration on how many colors other painters use on their contemptor TL lascannon and I wound up on FW's stock photo and for some reason it just seemed so basic. I might strip the arm after ETL as I'm just not satisfied with the thickness, it feels like if I don't add water it's too thick and if I do I'm dealing with beading and or hearding the paint around. I'm already a week behind where I wanted to be and that's on me, I just hope this weekend is much more productive :sleep:

Thought of the day - So today i went looking for inspiration on how many colors other painters use on their contemptor TL lascannon and I wound up on FW's stock photo and for some reason it just seemed so basic. I might strip the arm after ETL as I'm just not satisfied with the thickness, it feels like if I don't add water it's too thick and if I do I'm dealing with beading and or hearding the paint around. I'm already a week behind where I wanted to be and that's on me, I just hope this weekend is much more productive -_-

My advise would be to always add water, even just a little bit. You want the paint to flow easily off your brush, but not in one rapid flush-out movement as that means there’s too much water in your mix. Maybe do two or three thin coats to get a decent coverage and start working from there. FW, as GW, employs excellent painters for most of their stock photos, so that impression of basic-ness might be an illusion as there’s most likely some work behind it.

If you struggle with certain areas of a miniature, looking at stock photos for guiding helps, but maybe you could check out some tutorials/videos on the web to help you out further.

And as always, keep practicing :) I’m rummaging through my older minis atm and I’m quite frankly shocked by how they look compared to my more recently completed stuff.

Snorri

Thought of the day - So today i went looking for inspiration on how many colors other painters use on their contemptor TL lascannon and I wound up on FW's stock photo and for some reason it just seemed so basic. I might strip the arm after ETL as I'm just not satisfied with the thickness, it feels like if I don't add water it's too thick and if I do I'm dealing with beading and or hearding the paint around. I'm already a week behind where I wanted to be and that's on me, I just hope this weekend is much more productive :sleep:

If you fancy it you could always go 2nd ed style and paint a flame pattern on the barrel or some kill markings somewhere on it?

Edit - also managed a bit more shading/detaling on the Lieutenant and Captain last night. Not a lot but a few bits here and there, as i just pointed up my next planned vow and want to get on with it!

Edited by Leonaides

gallery_48988_15465_772766.png

+++ETL VII - WEEK 6 UPDATE+++

Week 6 was (as expected) a bit less productive than Week 5 with 17.5k pts complete vs. 23.5k the previous Week. As the initial hype and the drive for new recruits dies out following the closing of the doors to new participants, the long month of July started to take hold. That said things are way better than I anticipated, judging from the regular updates in most forums, so although completions may be lagging, activity suggests that things will be happening in Week 7. Just to point out though, we’re effectively at the middle-point of the event, so keep that in mind everybody!

Now let’s see Week 6 results at a glance:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 6
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 151 191 121,706 63727,015 22.2% 5,997 Space Marines 536943,702 633 9,619 22.0% 2,117 Blood Angels 37 4533,170 7378,153 24.6% 2,004 Dark Angels 37 51 24,438 479 6,080 24.9% 1,513 Space Wolves 24 26 20,369 784 3,163 15.5% 491 IFOR 59 78 38,162 489 7,751 20.3% 1,574 Adepta Sororitas 6 11 3,566 324 1,302 36.5% 475 AdMech 11 13 10,081 775 1,67516.6% 278Astra Militarum 22 25 13,267 531 1,782 13.4% 239 Imperial Agents 6 10 4,957 496 1,518 30.6% 465 Grey Knights 5 6 2,634 439 238 9.0% 22 Deathwatch 9 13 3,657 281 1,236 33.8% 418 Realm of Chaos 76 89 50,800 593 7,436 14.1% 1,047 Chaos Space Marines 71 82 47,313577 6,56513.9% 911 Chaos Daemons 3 5 4,294 859 871 20.3% 177 LatD 2 2 1,193 597 0 0.0% 0 Xenos 31 44 23,543 535 8,640 36.7% 3,171 Aeldari 4 5 3,294 659 121 3.7% 4 Necrons 8 9 4,725 525 320 6.8% 22 Orks 5 9 3,020 336 2,088 69.1% 1,444 T’au Empire 6 9 7,440 827 3,392 45.6% 1,546 Tyranids 8 12 5,062 422 2,719 53.7% 1,460 AoD 27 35 51,874 1,482 14,587 28.1% 4,102 AoD-L 14 17 25,139 1,479 8,607 34.2% 2,947 AoD-T 13 18 26,735 1,485 5,980 22.4% 1,338 Total ETL VI 344 437 288,083 659 65,429 22.7% 14,860

FACTIONS

FACTION: ADEPTUS ASTARTES

The Astartes are leading the ETL – a forgone conclusion really as their combined resources are double their main rivals the Realm of Chaos and way more than everybody else. Interestingly, it’s not only the superior resources that are doing the trick, it’s also the amount of work they put in, with a completion rate of 22% - virtually spot-on the ETL average. Their re-vowing rate at 26% is also very decent – especially for a Faction that big. Their SCR of 6k is way ahead than everybody else, the second best held by the AoD crowd. The Astartes are in a very secure place it seems.

FORUMS

FORUM: BLOOD ANGELS

The BAs are also doing well. Despite having markedly fewer participants than the SMs they have a higher completion rate at 25% which gets them second position within the Faction and only 100pts behind the SMs. Will we witness a performance similar to last year with crazy completion rates? Well the key here is the re-vowing rate which currently stands at 22% but has to be further improved. You either stay consistently ahead of the curve or, if you slack, the SMs superior resources will eventually prevail. You’re doing good, but you need to keep the pace relentlessly – see what the AoD crowd are doing…

Slipped to third this week as the Marine forum start to get some traction. Whilst there's a good chance AoD-L will fall away, we need to be watchful of Chaos who have yet to fire and the Marines who are out for blood.

Keep going folks, keep up the pace and get those completions in! We're doing well so far!

Nnno, I made a vow here early for like 500 points or something, and I cannot for the life of me bring myself to paint them. This is while willingly painting up a whole squad of shiny red Rubrics and purchasing the necessary materials to build a new Berzerker squad.

You could just paint your vow to basic/tabletop standard, and if you feel it improve them at a later date? Just a thought.

Nnno, I made a vow here early for like 500 points or something, and I cannot for the life of me bring myself to paint them. This is while willingly painting up a whole squad of shiny red Rubrics and purchasing the necessary materials to build a new Berzerker squad.

You could just paint your vow to basic/tabletop standard, and if you feel it improve them at a later date? Just a thought.

That is a good idea. An they are all red all the same :smile.:

There is still time

Edited by Majkhel

Haven't had the energy or concentration left after work to do any painting fr a couple of days, so a little auto pilot work on building my third vow as the second has progressed better than expected. I'm working towards 10 more Intercessors and 5 Hellblasters, but will probably add a couple of characters to boost the points up.   

I know how you feel; I'll be out of the house for sixteen hours tomorrow (work). All we can do is find the time and crack on with it :)

Nevermind faith in The Emperor, place your faith in Sanguinius and the holy paint brush to dispatch the traitor, heretic, mutant, and xenos! We shall prevail!