+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Right... Semper, we're all Space Marines here. We all serve the Emperor, do we not? Go off and harass the Wolves, at least you have a historical rivalry with them.

We are the First, the Honoured, the Sons of the Lion. Only first position is good enough for us!

(unfortunately we do not vow that high in terms of points, which is beginning to be a concern :unsure:)

And yes, I'm harassing the Wolves too... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Our Primarch stood against Horus directly and held his own, when Horus was at full strength. Horus managed to mortally wound the Emperor at the same power. All yours did was get suspected of heresy in older editions and let half his Legion get scattered as potential Chaos worshippers. :wink:

Right... Semper, we're all Space Marines here. We all serve the Emperor, do we not? Go off and harass the Wolves, at least you have a historical rivalry with them.

We are the First, the Honoured, the Sons of the Lion. Only first position is good enough for us!

(unfortunately we do not vow that high in terms of points, which is beginning to be a concern :unsure.:)

And yes, I'm harassing the Wolves too... :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The Cabal:

"‘John, we have tested them all, one by one. The Dark Angels first, centuries ago. There is too much inherent corruption in them. The gene-seed weakness in all of the older Legions has been exacerbated by the need to keep them up to strength for the Great Crusade. They have all, one way or another, weakened themselves. They are vulnerable..."

Our Primarch stood against Horus directly and held his own, when Horus was at full strength. Horus managed to mortally wound the Emperor at the same power. All yours did was get suspected of heresy in older editions and let half his Legion get scattered as potential Chaos worshippers. :wink:

If you want to smacktalk please focus it on the event or else it's just offtopic spam. :P

as promised - progress update picture. A few eyes here and there, a few wings on pads etc... But should be done before the weekend - just need to find a few other paints i've hived off into another box for non-40k models for equipment straps etc and go over details on a per-model basis

gallery_19254_15444_521332.jpg

Edited by Leonaides

I guess it's WIP time! I'm calling the arms good enough for now, all I have left is to varnish and rim the base which WILL be done tomorrow no excuses. Next item up will be the Leviathan. I'm thinking that the hardest part of my pledge will be the Aggressors and the chappy so my plan is to power through those with the looming deadline to help spur the frenzy. Maybe if I'm crazy enough and get the first vow done with time to spare I might throw an LT. together :HQ::devil:

gallery_93928_15461_1134989.jpg

As you say - no difference in terms of the final score. Only completions matter, so as we have 6 weeks remaining, I would say that there is no point in overextending yourself with a big vow which runs the risk of being too much to chew. Far better to complete several smaller vows and get more skulls for the Blood... on a Custos Fidei badge. 

It's another thousand points of characters (so not too much to do) but I wasnt sure if it would be better in 2 vows which would increase the completed vow % but the SCR is based from completed points %, not vow %.

Going to have to spend some time rummaging thru bits boxes in at least 3 different places as is for this vow for a scratch build.

As an aside that I think everyone might want to take note of. Chapter master malachim of the lamentors is 205pts for a single power armoured model with a fancy power sword and melta-pistol.

Just saying...

As an aside that I think everyone might want to take note of. Chapter master malachim of the lamentors is 205pts for a single power armoured model with a fancy power sword and melta-pistol.

Just saying...

True, but I can paint 3 regular Captains in the time I'd need to paint one Lamenter properly. Yellow and check pattern are pretty ungrateful. ;)

I finally got a desk set up in the new house and was able to get my next project put together.  I'm still keeping it conservative because of the baby, but it's bigger than my first vow!  Barely.  

I Hintzy rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete two five-man Intercessor squads for a total value of 170 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(2x) 5-man Intercessor Squad, Sergeant w/Chainsword, 1x Auxiliary Grenade Lancher 85 pts

Total of 170 pts

3ZP1DBpl.jpg

A quick tic-tac question:

Whats more effective with regards ETL ranking - 2 smaller vows or 1 larger vow? If i'm looking at the SCR calculation right it shouldnt make a difference, but........

As you say - no difference in terms of the final score. Only completions matter, so as we have 6 weeks remaining, I would say that there is no point in overextending yourself with a big vow which runs the risk of being too much to chew. Far better to complete several smaller vows and get more skulls for the Blood... on a Custos Fidei badge. 

That ^ 

The amount of vows you make does not affect the score - only completed vs. pledged points do. The number of vows exists for two reasons: 

1. Help you organise your work and strategically choose when you want to put the most effort

2. Limit the ridiculous phenomenon of the 1st ETL where in the last day there was a blizzard of single-model vows in a frantic effort to boost the score of each forum... ahh, those were the days....

Anyway, the cut-off for Week 7 will be later today so be aware of that.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Finished off the Shadowspear characters and the Eliminators:

Which makes the vow as a whole complete:

Next vow is out with the spray drying, I'll do a pledge post later.

I Cleon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 22 models (listed below) of total value of 828pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Phobos Captain

- 1x Phobos Librarian

- 1x Phobos Lieutenant

- 2x 3-man Suppressor squads

- 1x 3-man Eliminator squad

- 1x 10-man Infiltrator squad

Total value: 828pts

I also pledge to check my camera settings before taking any in progress/completion shots, but trust me, the picture below would have been crisp if the models were a dragonfly outside on a sunny day...

start.jpg

This is pretty excellent Cleon, well done on your completion! The choice of robe on the Librarian stands out for me as it's the type of thing I'd do :)

I Cleon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 13 models (listed below) of total value of 524pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Gravis Captain

- 1x Primaris Lieutenant with power sword

- 1x 3-man Inceptor squad with assault bolters

- 1x 3-man aggressor squad with flamestorm Gauntlets

- 1x 5-man Intercessor squad with bolt rifles

Total value: 524 pts

Using up another batch of start set/EtB models I've picked up since 8th dropped, I have a squad of 5 Hellblasters good to go, but I need to get more troops done so they've been bumped to a possible third run to ensure I get these done by the deadline.

Pretty impressive follow up too. All the best with getting it done (and as this was a while ago, how's it going so far?) Edited by Jolemai

I, Zebulon, invoke the right of re-vow and rise a Second Time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 13 models (listed below) of total value 595pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Librarian in Terminator Armour

Chaplain in Terminator Armour

Terminator Ancient

Terminator Assault Squad (5 members)

Scout Squad

Yes, bases will be found for all these...

Starting pics:

KxE3rrf.jpg

ueEIF64.jpg

I5nFw4D.jpg

pOgPKhm.jpg

R0eJTeF.jpg

:O

That's a hell of a re-vow Zebulon! How is it going so far? It would be great for us and your backlog when you complete it :)

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (Dual Kheres assault cannons, Cyclone Missile Launcher) of total value 194 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_85660.jpg

Ooo dual Kheres Contemptor Mortis, very nice :) Always a joy to see what you do, so we're looking forward to this.

I finally got a desk set up in the new house and was able to get my next project put together. I'm still keeping it conservative because of the baby, but it's bigger than my first vow! Barely.

I Hintzy rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete two five-man Intercessor squads for a total value of 170 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(2x) 5-man Intercessor Squad, Sergeant w/Chainsword, 1x Auxiliary Grenade Lancher 85 pts

Total of 170 pts

3ZP1DBpl.jpg

From experience, I can say it's doable with a baby - just squeeze in a few minutes here and there and you'll be fine :)

(And in case I haven't already mentioned it, congratulations!)