+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

So apart from the connections to the flying stems not wanting to take (I did the suppressors with superglue, but that was the end of my tube), that's the vow done. Pictures aren't great, but it's pretty overcast and energy saving bulbs are not helping, i'll re-take them once I've attached the stems:.

OK, so that puts me ready for a third vow:

Cleon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 19 models (listed below) of total value of 637pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Primaris Chaplain

- 1x Primaris Ancient

- 1x Primaris Lieutenant (power sword)

- 1x Primaris Apothecary/Sanguinary Priest

- 1x 5-man Hellblaster squad (plasma incinerators)

- 1x 10-man Intercessor squad (Power sword, auto bolt rifles and an auxillery grenade launcher)

Total 637 points

Impressive stuff - and trims! :ohmy.: You madman! :ohmy.: :ohmy.: Seriously though, are they easy enough to do on Primaris? Used to despise having to do them on my 2nd edition models and bikes. Vow three is a good one too, very timely!

Edit - change of plan and vow 2 completed. I'll fix the link tomorrow and put up a pic of vow 3 hopefully.

gallery_19254_15444_95050.jpeg

Lovely character bomb there :) I especially like the servo skull skin tones and the black filigree on the Librarian's cloth - any tips there?

Vow 3. Fancy wording to follow when I'm not on my mobile but :

1 primaris capt, 1 primaris chaplain, 1 chaplain with jump pack and inferno pistol, 1 death company dreadnought.

That'll give me something to crack on with for the next few days

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Primaris Captain with power sword, 1 Primaris Chaplain, 1 Chaplain wiht jump pack and inferno pistol and 1 Death Company dreadnought with Blood Talons, heavy Flamer, Meltagun and Magna Grapple (i hope - need to check the model) of total value 408pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

starting pic later

Another vow I'm looking forward to seeing, we can never get enough DCDs!

Hey Brohers, I declare my MiB complete (FINALLY! Black really isn't my color :tongue.:)

Lemartes:

med_gallery_105306_14251_221978.jpg

DC Dread:

med_gallery_105306_14251_555637.jpg

Chaplain Dread:

med_gallery_105306_14251_354725.jpg

Now off to the remaining Captain and Rhino.

Cheers for the update, black may not be your colour but it's still impressive all the same. I can see why you had trouble with it (highlights, right?) but they've turned out really well. Looking forward to the last two, especially that lovely old "Deimos" Rhino!

Impressive stuff - and trims! :ohmy.: You madman! :ohmy.: :ohmy.: Seriously though, are they easy enough to do on Primaris? Used to despise having to do them on my 2nd edition models and bikes. Vow three is a good one too, very timely!

I've been painting trim since 2nd edition, Blood Angels just don't look right without it :) , Gravis pads are pretty nice and raised, the Tacticus is pretty much the same as Mk7, apart from the Dark Imperium multi parts need a little re-sculpting on a couple of the poses if you're going to draw attention to the lines. Phobos is a pain though.

I'll be posting a WIP later tonight once I've finished my Intercessor Squad. It's only 5 dudes, so... also, if you look in the pics, the head on the sergeant's different from what I ended up going with. I hope that's okay. I swapped it for a (highly thematic) Skitarii half-cybernetic head a month ago. His point value is unchanged.

Edit - change of plan and vow 2 completed. I'll fix the link tomorrow and put up a pic of vow 3 hopefully.

Lovely character bomb there :smile.: I especially like the servo skull skin tones and the black filigree on the Librarian's cloth - any tips there?

There's more where they came from... I just need to find them!

Servo skull was ushbati bone with gryphone sepia wash, and then a light drybrush with teh usbati again and a final very light bleached bone/white to top it off while the flesh was a bit of a play around with the new flesh paints - bugmans glow then reikland fleshshade with a couple of very thin layers of the ancient 2nd ed hex bottle flesh paint - i think the current equivalent would be Kislev flesh. A bit thinner on top gives a bit of a stubble effect.

Librarians cloth - i assume you mean the terminator? thats just following the molded detail i'm afraid (no skill there, just a thin brush and steady hand).

Cheers for the update, black may not be your colour but it's still impressive all the same. I can see why you had trouble with it (highlights, right?) but they've turned out really well. Looking forward to the last two, especially that lovely old "Deimos" Rhino!

Heh, yeah, highlights on the black armor tend to be laborous for me. Although in this case, Lemmy has so much detail, there's barely any armor to highlight left :P And the Dreads were mostly drybrushed on the edges, which went quick. But then I had to tidy it up. Both big fellas also have big bases, that needed some attention (and really lots of coats in the Chappy D.'s case - I only work with a brush). Add in the amount of extra detail they all have. But I do enjoy the effects, so totally worth it :)

The Captain and good-old-Deimos are coming along nicely as well (I had some free time Yesterday)

gallery_105306_14251_326880.jpg

I’ve had steady progress behind the scenes, but still always to go on my all-in 1st vow. I’ll get it done by the ETL deadline, but it’s gonna be close. I have to move this week and next then figure out a new setup, but that’s par for the course for the sons of Baal.

Will report in later when I have more.

Good progress guys, hopefully we'll see some completions before the next weekly update...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sir, yes sir!

I declare my second vow complete!

- 1x Captain in Phobos armor

- 1x Librarian in Phobos armor

- 1x Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (twin lascanon, DCW, Storm bolter)

- 1x Chaplain Lemartes

- 1x Death Company Dreadnought (2x Furioso fist, heavy flamer, meltagun, magna-grapple)

- 2x 3-man Eliminator squad

- 1x Rhino (Storm bolter)

gallery_105306_14251_412729.jpg

Here are the last additions:

Vanguard Captain in Phobos armor - Master of Reconnaissance:

gallery_105306_14251_71820.jpg

And Deimos pattern Rhino APC:

gallery_105306_14251_69145.jpg

Now I need to sort out my 3rd vow. That last one definitely took a bit longer than planned.

Cheers!

Introducing the squad of Primaris Intercessors I vowed to finish like two months ago. Headswap notwithstanding, they're standard Know No Fear Intercessors.

med_gallery_137555_15490_170499.jpg

You've done a really good job on them, congrats :)

Scouts finished! Only devastators to go, and they've already gotten their shade on.

Snorri

Stunning camo :tu: Any tips? Surely the black isn't stippled?

Good progress guys, hopefully we'll see some completions before the next weekly update...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sir, yes sir!

I declare my second vow complete!

- 1x Captain in Phobos armor

- 1x Librarian in Phobos armor

- 1x Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (twin lascanon, DCW, Storm bolter)

- 1x Chaplain Lemartes

- 1x Death Company Dreadnought (2x Furioso fist, heavy flamer, meltagun, magna-grapple)

- 2x 3-man Eliminator squad

- 1x Rhino (Storm bolter)

gallery_105306_14251_412729.jpg

Here are the last additions:

Vanguard Captain in Phobos armor - Master of Reconnaissance:

gallery_105306_14251_71820.jpg

And Deimos pattern Rhino APC:

gallery_105306_14251_69145.jpg

Now I need to sort out my 3rd vow. That last one definitely took a bit longer than planned.

Cheers!

Excellent work and a very pretty Rhino :wub: initial thoughts on vow three?

Excellent work and a very pretty Rhino :wub: initial thoughts on vow three?

Thank you Jole! Plenty of thoughts actually :tongue.:

Originally I planned:

- another 2 captains,

- Baal Predator,

- Sanguinor,

- some Terminators,

- another 3 plasma Inceptors

- some Lieutenants,

I just need to think through the number of deatils on the Infantry models :wink:

Also in waiting are Infiltrators and Suppressors among other things.

EDIT: Here comes my 3rd vow:

I Majkhel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 18 models (listed below) of total value of 1189pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Captain (JP, Relic Blade, MC Bolter)

- 1x Captain in Gravis Armor (Bolt-storm gauntlet, MC Power sword)

- 1x the Sanguinor

- 1x 6-man Assault Terminator squad (1x dual LC, 5xTH/SS)

- 1x 6-man Terminator squad (1xCyclone ML)

- 1x 3-man Inceptor squad (dual plasma exterminators)

- 1x Baal Predator tank (twin AC, 2xHB sponsons, SB, HK missile)

Total value: 1189pts

med_gallery_105306_14251_503577.jpg

Captain Semper, you might notice that the AC-bearing (count-as Storm Bolter) Terminator is painted (bought him in this shape), however I will repaint him totally. If you want I will present another 'before' picture with him re-basecoated.

For reference - here is a picture of how much he differs now from my regular painting scheme to prove my point

med_gallery_105306_14251_852138.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Scouts finished! Only devastators to go, and they've already gotten their shade on.

Snorri

Stunning camo :tu: Any tips? Surely the black isn't stippled?

Thank you good sir! It actually kinda is, I used a worn-out dry brush and some black paint straight on a grey undercoat.

Then, white dots, a black wash and then a light grey dry brush to finish it off.

Devs have gotten a quick highlight and I’ll do the final highlight tomorrow.

Snorri

The feeling when you are actually motivated to start painting some of your models but then realise that you still have to assemble and prime half of them ...

At least my Primaris Lieutenant was already primed so I could put some paint on him lol