+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Can you paint my guys? Seriously, that's a beautifully painted captain and far better than anything I'd manage. O e thing I've learnt is there will always be a better scheme/better painted version of your model. As long as you like yours, that really doesn't matter tho. If you are happy with 3 colours of humbrol and paint thick enough to be a 2+ save on its own then that's good enough for me and I'll happily play against that on a table - but your reds look like a very very nicely done early 'Eavy Metal from their mid 90's styles which tended to be brighter than now.

If you are dead set on changing your painting then you could use they guys you already have for kill team then you wont have to worry about them not quite matching the next squads.

Completed my Captain at 02:45 this morning ready for Everchosen today. Had to glue a few bits together before I took it to my local store then knocked over my mixing water pot all over it. Luckily it was clean water so no damage done!

I wasn't expecting to win, but was deep down hoping that there would be some weak entries, so that may get a vote or two However everything already at my local was brilliant. Also there was a couple of Blood angel Lieutenants there that were amazing, so I'vegot no chance!

The worst bit for me was in store my red looked really bright, too bright for my liking. I spoke to a guy that had one of the Blood Angels Lieutenants in the competition and he told me how he did his red, which to me, seemed perfect. I re-started my Blood Angels just over a year ago from starting in 2nd edition. I did this because I wanted everything to look uniform throughout and not have different and poor paint styles from when I first got into the hobby. Now it's disheartening that there is a way I like better. I'm an extremely slow painter and have only really got a tactical squad (almost) done in my new way, but can't bear the thought of changing my colour scheme again and this Captain and my tactical squad not fitting in. So do I just bite the bullet and change and have to do what I've already done and taken an age to do it again, or just stick with what I've got!

Anyway, here's a couple of hastily taken pictures.

Those Reds are Goregeous!

It must be a thing with Captains. I dropped mine off the table about an hour before I needed to be done and snapped his iron halo off. Luckily it was a clean snap but I wasn’t too pleased with having to glue that back on at the 11th hour :p

I really like the shield on Aphael.

Edited by Thoridon

The time of Rubicon cometh, unleash the Holy Thunderforce from Terra!

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 3 units of total value 340 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Primaris Captain with power fist & plasma pistol   - 92

Primaris Ancient                                                   - 69

Intercessor squad (10 men) & sgt with power fist - 179

By the blood of Sanguinius!

Vow upheld!

Wow, painting a full Intercessor squad in the middle of the summer is not easy. Heat and procrastination... not to mention indecision, because after the first 5 intercessors I realized I couldn't use all multi-part models from the box cause I would need some for conversions, and I also couldn't fit a power fist on the sergeant in a smooth way. So in the end I replaced some multi-part models with those from Dark Imperium, there was no other way. At least the models and weapons configuration are correct.

So, against all odds, my vow is fulfilled!

3rd Company Ancient

3rd company Captain B

ETL7 vow2 complete C

ETL7 vow2 complete D

It's not visible in the photo, but the assistant squad leader of the Intercessors has a chainsword hanged from his belt, behind him. This helps so he doesn't appear armed when the full squad is assembled and he's not confused with the power fist sergeant. He also doesn't have an icon on his back pack like the sergeant. But when he's deployed as a 5-man squad he does have the chainsword.

Edited by Spyros

It's been too hot here to really concentrate until the weekend, made some good progress during the wet weekend though, just need to wait for the base gloop to dry and then I can do the decals and that's the first five intercessors and the Lt done. Also done some base colours on the Hellblasters and the ancient, but with covering for summer holidays over work (and prepping for my own holiday right at the start of September), I can't see doing another vow after this one.

More contribution are needed? Seriously? I barely managed the 10-man Intercessor squad. I can try a few additional models though, before September...

I Spyros rise for the 3rd time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 3 units of total value 325 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Primaris Lieutenant with Power sword                     - 74

Primaris Lieutenant with MC Auto Bolt rifle              - 74

Inceptor squad (3 men) with Plasma Exterminators - 177

By the blood of Sanguinius!

ETL7 vow3

ps. the ranged Lt is made from an Intercessor (not that the ranged DI Lt looks any different) with some extra BA flavored bits
Edited by Spyros

Can you paint my guys? Seriously, that's a beautifully painted captain and far better than anything I'd manage. O e thing I've learnt is there will always be a better scheme/better painted version of your model. As long as you like yours, that really doesn't matter tho. If you are happy with 3 colours of humbrol and paint thick enough to be a 2+ save on its own then that's good enough for me and I'll happily play against that on a table - but your reds look like a very very nicely done early 'Eavy Metal from their mid 90's styles which tended to be brighter than now.

If you are dead set on changing your painting then you could use they guys you already have for kill team then you wont have to worry about them not quite matching the next squads.

Thanks for your kind words Leonaides. It is appreciated. When I decided to re-do my Blood Angels I did 3 test minis using different methods for red. I picked the one i felt worked best, but I probably should have done a couple more or did a bit more research. I don't dislike the red I've got, it was just when I saw the red on another model, I straight away though that's the red I wanted to achieve. That's a good idea about using what I've already done for a kill team. I've just brought some of the first series Space Marine Heroes that I'm going to paint up the 'new' way. If they turn out more to my taste then I'll do what you suggest. If I'm indifferent after those, I'll use them for a kill team and carry on as I am.

I actually got second in Everchosen, which I was really surprised at and was a lot better than I thought after seeing what was already there, so I was really happy with that!

I've started on my Lieutenant which is the last model for my ETL so am on track to complete my vow.

It must be a thing with Captains. I dropped mine off the table about an hour before I needed to be done and snapped his iron halo off. Luckily it was a clean snap but I wasn’t too pleased with having to glue that back on at the 11th hour :p

I really like the shield on Aphael.

Haha! Glad there wasn't more damage done on yours. It's always a brief hart stopping moment when you drop something you've spent a lot of time painting until you've surveyed the damage.

Thanks, I think the shield is my favourite bit as well, it actually was quite fun to paint.

A very vibrant red, Mostwanted. Absolutely nothing wrong with it in my book. I really like it!

Thanks Majkhel. Much appreciated.

Hope everyone is getting on well with their ETL works. It's always good seeing updates on here.

Edited by Mostwanted

So, paintbrush where mouth is.

Vow 3 completed:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15444/gallery_19254_15444_106919.jpeg

I will spend tomorrow assessing and locating models for vow 4. That might be my last one so I'll try to make it count. Sure I can dig out another 4 captains and a couple more dreadnoughts somewhere