+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Had a glacial pace with the heat wave and my parents in law visiting, but I finally managed to complete tiny vow. Probably don't have the time to do another in the coming month, so I'll keep it with this vow. Every little bit helps right? :smile.:

B40KGnk.png

4GsxrYr.png

I didn't really feel these models with their weird poses, so probably not my best work. The sergeant's pose at least works a little because he looks to be jumping off the broken column, but the other two are just dancing an aerial jig. I made the barrel blue as an accent colour to their fire support combat role, which Blood Angels signify with blue helmets.

I didn't really feel these models with their weird poses, so probably not my best work. The sergeant's pose at least works a little because he looks to be jumping off the broken column, but the other two are just dancing an aerial jig.

Hence why I'm not a fan of replacing the flying stand with terrain. They are modelled to be mid-air and not to be touching the ground so having them have contact with the ground just looks off.

Nontheless great job! :tu:

When I get round to mine (after etl) I think I'll try and put some building bits on the bases to give them height but still have them on the flying stands.

Nice work and congrats on the completion though I hope you don't mind if I ask if there's any chance you could squeeze out an original marine lieutenant as another vow? Raid your bits boxes and see what pops out at you...?

I know it's a big ask but if everyone was able to finish their vows and add a single original lieutenant with bolter/chainsword that would be 2,300points extra on our total. Even if you are still working on painting your vow, have a think about prepping one last marine. Get him assembled and undercoated ready to go just in case.

I didn't really feel these models with their weird poses, so probably not my best work. The sergeant's pose at least works a little because he looks to be jumping off the broken column, but the other two are just dancing an aerial jig.

Hence why I'm not a fan of replacing the flying stand with terrain. They are modelled to be mid-air and not to be touching the ground so having them have contact with the ground just looks off.

Nontheless great job! :thumbsup:

Yeah, but they look just as weird doing the same pose in mid-air. :laugh.: At least this way they're not on the flimsy stands Edited by RedemptionNL

I know it's a big ask but if everyone was able to finish their vows and add a single original lieutenant with bolter/chainsword that would be 2,300points extra on our total. Even if you are still working on painting your vow, have a think about prepping one last marine. Get him assembled and undercoated ready to go just in case.

What we need the most right now is to up our completion rate. Just take a look at last week for example:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 7

Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCR

Adeptus Astartes 151 204 126,001 61832,375 25.7% 8,319

Blood Angels 37 4834,129 711 8,153 23.9% 1,948 Dark Angels 37 56 25,293 452 8,594 34.0% 2,920 Realm of Chaos 76 100 57,693 577 13,116 22,7% 2,982 Chaos Space Marines 71 93 52,206561 12,245 23.5% 2,872

We had about as many completions as the Dark Angels but since our CR was about 10% lower we are were a whole 1000 SCR behind.

On the other hand the Chaos Space Marines had about the same SCR as the Dark Angels ... however they had to crank out 4000 more points to even out the 10% lower CR.

How do you find Suppressors useful or what would you use them for?

This is not the right thread for a tactics discussion but I'll give you a short answer still.

Suppressors do decent damage for their points against tanks but you'd want more than just 3 to feel any impact in the game. Other than that they are obviously good at getting rid of medium infantry (T3 Sv4+) like Skitarii and T'au Firewarriors but also decent against something like Primaris due their D2 stat.

Key is to keep them as far away from the enemy as possible and stationary. If you want to get close you are better off with Hellblasters or Plasma Inceptors.

Well, we got the Everchosen results from our local store today and this happened:

SBI0EZ0.jpg

K5G2BtE.jpg

I wasn't expecting that but it's a nice bonus for my ETL vow :smile.:

Edit: Sorry, couldn't see this in my topic after posting so I reposted again and then realised the first one was here - too many tabs!

Edited by Thoridon

Excellent progess here - if you keep up the momentum throughout the Week, then by Week 9 it will be a very different picture!

@ Spyros: When I saw your completion I thought you wrapped it up to go on holidays on some island! Then boom! another vow! :lol: Congrats on your completion man and good luck with the follow-up!

@ bushman101: You may have been quiet but you have been productive - good show man, well done!

@ Leonaidas: Congrats on the completion - nice clean work! Let's see what else is in the pipeline!

@ RedemptionNL: These are amazing man! Wow, I really like your style... Beautiful work! And the bases - so well done... :yes: If that's how long it takes then that's how long it takes! We always promote quality over quantity!

@ Thoridon: CONGRATULATIONS! Well deserved too - this is very good job indeed - from the facer to the base! :tu:

Edit: Sorry, couldn't see this in my topic after posting so I reposted again and then realised the first one was here - too many tabs!

Happens to me more often than I care to admit... :whistling:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Excellent progess here - if you keep up the momentum throughout the Week, then by Week 9 it will be a very different picture!

@ Spyros: When I saw your completion I thought you wrapped it up to go on holidays on some island! Then boom! another vow! :laugh.: Congrats on your completion man and good luck with the follow-up!

Well, it did happen as you said, halfway in the vow I went away for a few days. Then I wrapped it up when I returned. And then I thought that I can do more, but always with restrain, just to be sure, hence the low model count.

giphy.gif

So I found a few older models. Need to think about what's going into this vow tonight and prep at work tomorrow.

Nahh - lets just do this.

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Terminator Captain with Thunderhammer and Stormshield, 2 Primaris Gravis Captains, 2 Captains with relic blades, 1 Chaplain, 1 Phobos Librarian, 1 Librarian, 1 Contemptor with Kheres Assault Cannon/power fist and 1 Redemptor Dreadnought ) of total value 1,109pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(The sharp-eyed among you might notice a couple of models in there that might usually be wearing green - nobody tell the Deathwing!)

gallery_19254_15444_242798.jpg

Edited by Leonaides

Half of my vow is complete! Librarian Dreadnought is (finally) done!

gallery_85034_15227_37759.jpg

gallery_85034_15227_66087.jpg

gallery_85034_15227_12303.jpg

gallery_85034_15227_47963.jpg

gallery_85034_15227_3269.jpg

gallery_85034_15227_26088.jpg

I've been spoiled by the lack of details on Primaris Marines and the excessive amounts of bling on the Librarian Dread really put me off halfway through painting (that and thinking that taking Trig over the summer was a good idea). I will absolutely have the other half of my vow (Astraeus) completed in a timely fashion and may even be feeling up to a Primaris Lt. or two afterwards...

Edit: Spell Check.

Edited by Slothysaur

Wow I never realised how huge the redmeptor is. The plastic contemptor isn't mnuch smaller than the resin one, right?

Resin contemptor is the same size as the plastic, give or take a couple of mm, parts from one can easily be converted onto the other. Redemptor is massive.

(castraferrum, plastic contemptor, redemptor, leviathan)

Dread-Compare.jpg

I'm already a couple of days behind with my current vow, here's the current status (weapon sponsons are in the garage getting sprayed):

gallery_60109_5815_476930.jpg

Can't believe how much time these are soaking up but a few more evenings this week and they will be done.

Now it's just a question of what can I get done in the next month...

Cheers

LM

@ Slothysaur: Congratulations on your completion - the force weapon sure attracts the eye! Would you consider editing-in a family pic?

@ Mr. Yellow: Well, it may take a lot of time but it shows! Very impressive result indeed and once the sponsons go in, they'll look like a BA Successor Chapter's machines should look!  

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Wow I never realised how huge the redmeptor is. The plastic contemptor isn't mnuch smaller than the resin one, right?

It is HUGE, 2x bigger than the Furioso Dreadnought I think. But I would say they are just about as good as each other, but they have different roles so I am not sure sure which ones more effective.