+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Melee the furioso is better, shooting it's the redemptor. The furioso really needs the profile of a venerable imo.

Amen.

That being said, as @Captain Antargo points out, the DC Dread has a 6+++ already which makes for weird crossover.

My thought would be to overhaul the entire Black Rage/Death Company ruleset altogether.

@ Slothysaur: Congratulations on your completion - the force weapon sure attracts the eye! Would you consider editing-in a family pic?

@ Mr. Yellow: Well, it may take a lot of time but it shows! Very impressive result indeed and once the sponsons go in, they'll look like a BA Successor Chapter's machines should look!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a family pic, but once I finish the Astraeus half of my how I will edit that in!

Hey folks,

did get a long way on the devastators tonight. Another round on the red because I wasn’t pleased withy it, too orange. Finished the helmets, lenses, weapons, small little details and I’m basically only missing the few purity seals, bases and a decal on the sergeant.

This one here is basically on the level of the whole squad ...

med_gallery_48413_15695_1104418.png

Shout out to Blindhamster for the process of applying decals. Turned out real good! After the matte varnish, I couldn’t tell if this was actually a decal or freehand.

med_gallery_48413_15695_875332.png

Good night!

Completed my Captain at 02:45 this morning ready for Everchosen today. Had to glue a few bits together before I took it to my local store then knocked over my mixing water pot all over it. Luckily it was clean water so no damage done!

I wasn't expecting to win, but was deep down hoping that there would be some weak entries, so that may get a vote or two However everything already at my local was brilliant. Also there was a couple of Blood angel Lieutenants there that were amazing, so I'vegot no chance!

The worst bit for me was in store my red looked really bright, too bright for my liking. I spoke to a guy that had one of the Blood Angels Lieutenants in the competition and he told me how he did his red, which to me, seemed perfect. I re-started my Blood Angels just over a year ago from starting in 2nd edition. I did this because I wanted everything to look uniform throughout and not have different and poor paint styles from when I first got into the hobby. Now it's disheartening that there is a way I like better. I'm an extremely slow painter and have only really got a tactical squad (almost) done in my new way, but can't bear the thought of changing my colour scheme again and this Captain and my tactical squad not fitting in. So do I just bite the bullet and change and have to do what I've already done and taken an age to do it again, or just stick with what I've got!

Anyway, here's a couple of hastily taken pictures.gallery_27153_15548_91265.jpggallery_27153_15548_332227.jpggallery_27153_15548_132716.jpg

It’s a shame you don’t like your red. I think it’s one of the best I’ve seen and want to do something similar. I’m thinking Evil Suns Scarlet, then highlight with Troll Slayer Orange and then Tau Light Ochre. How did you achieve your red? Also I think with a minimal, and I mean minimal, amount of battle damage, your BA would be pretty much on point for what I want to achieve. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

WIP on my vehicles:

p2DHq20.jpg

Hopefully done before the next update.

Nice red on the vehicles! Is that airbrush?

Kinda makes me wanna paint up another storm raven...

Thanks. The red was airbrushed after spray primer in a series of stages:

Black spray primer

Grey spray 'zenithal' from above (to leave black from below to create shadows)

Vallejo Flat Red airbrush over all surfaces to be red, fading to black in places

Vallejo Blood Red airbrush over most of the previous layer

Vallejo Hot Orange airbrush on the upward-facing surfaces as a 'highlight layer'

The land speeder I then covered with Winsor & Newton brick red calligraphy ink to give a richer overall tone. It brings the orange down a bit but is transparent enough to leave the difference in under-layers showing. It's something I started doing on my Marines after being recommended and I like the richness of red it achieves.

I'll probably apply it as a final coat to the larger vehicles too, just need to be careful on the larger flat surfaces as it can easily end up looking a little blotchy on those big areas.

Edited by Thoridon

@ Slothysaur: Congratulations on your completion - the force weapon sure attracts the eye! Would you consider editing-in a family pic?

@ Mr. Yellow: Well, it may take a lot of time but it shows! Very impressive result indeed and once the sponsons go in, they'll look like a BA Successor Chapter's machines should look!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a family pic, but once I finish the Astraeus half of my how I will edit that in!

Family pic: put all your units in one pic... Look forward for the Astraeus! ;)

2nd vow complete, Mrs Yellow was out this evening so I had a good few hours un-interrupted to finish these off. I did have some really nice groups shots but couldn't get them small enough so had to get creative with cropping tool:

Hidden Content

gallery_60109_5815_728925.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_752894.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_352745.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_839973.jpg

Cheers

LM

Those look ace man! Excellent weathering and very striking paint job! Congratulations man!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Immediately before I finish my vow, no less.

Declaring completion on my first vow, valued 437 points!

med_gallery_137555_15490_1215250.jpg

Edit:

I, Zephaniah Adriyen, Chapter Master of the Crimson and Auric Knights, Dark Lord of the Bloodied Sons, Fabricator-General of Forge World Ragnarus, Warmaster of the Rotting Hand, Princeps of House Astor, Daemon Knight Lord of the Traitors of Leviathan, Shield-Captain of the Azure Bastion, High Farseer of Craftworld Iamfeth and High Sorcerer of the Wayward Sons rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete five Primaris Hellblasters with Plasma Incinerators - the preferred infantry of the Crimson Knights - valued 165 ingame points, no more, no less. The stated will be completed by the conclusion of E Tenebrae Lux; else, I will be forced to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the following E Tenebrae Lux, and will have my prior vow voided. For the Omnissiah and Sanguinius!

med_gallery_137555_15490_5663.jpg

Sorry for the godawful photography.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Not a completion I'm afraid - I did warn you I'm a slow painter! - but 2nd squad done. Spent far too long on the power sword again, think I might change scheme in future to something simpler! Next 10 hellblasters coming along nicely though, if I can get them finished next week then that gives me 3 weeks to finish the redemeptor which hopefully should be just enough.

http://i.imgur.com/KcWek4Bh.jpg

I'm just thinking about my next vow. I've not go much built and ready to paint left and I've got limited time this month with no free weekends.

I think getting the Reaver Titan done is too much for the time. I do have a Leviathan Dread, Chaplain Dread, Land Speeder Tempest and a couple of squads of Tartaros Termies that I might be able to get done. The Speeder and Dreads will be easy, the termies will probably suck up a bit more time.

I've seen mention of Malakim Phoros which might be worth a conversion but where are the rules from him? - I've perused a PDF copy of the dex and can't see him in there.

Also things like Relic Land Raider Proteus which I've just completed is also not in there. What is everyone referring to for points?

it's probably a case of getting the most pointage painted for the time left. Where do you guys see the best time/points coming from?

Cheers

LM

Vow complete!

Just a quick shot in time for the weekly update, my devastators are just finished.

I don’t know what I’ll vow next yet, but it’ll most likely include an Annihilator. Perhaps some terminators.

med_gallery_48413_15690_704178.png

Won’t have more time today for hobby stuff though, but I guess tomorrow will be fine.

Snorri

I've seen mention of Malakim Phoros which might be worth a conversion but where are the rules from him? - I've perused a PDF copy of the dex and can't see him in there.

Also things like Relic Land Raider Proteus which I've just completed is also not in there. What is everyone referring to for points?

Both are in the forgeworld index - forces of the adeptus astartes, though the relic proteus had its points updated in chapter approved 2018 - it can be found in battlescribe, though I don't think Malakim can.