+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

gallery_48988_15465_41.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE NINENTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE TENTH WEEKLY UPDATE

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

*ninth

Also, will have my Hellblasters done by the 10th, for sure. Actually, I'll probably get them done either today or tomorrow.

I've seen mention of Malakim Phoros which might be worth a conversion but where are the rules from him? - I've perused a PDF copy of the dex and can't see him in there.

Also things like Relic Land Raider Proteus which I've just completed is also not in there. What is everyone referring to for points?

Both are in the forgeworld index - forces of the adeptus astartes, though the relic proteus had its points updated in chapter approved 2018 - it can be found in battlescribe, though I don't think Malakim can.

Select space marines rather than blood Angel's. Lamentors are an option in the chapter selection list which unlocks malakim.

Not a completion I'm afraid - I did warn you I'm a slow painter! - but 2nd squad done. Spent far too long on the power sword again, think I might change scheme in future to something simpler! Next 10 hellblasters coming along nicely though, if I can get them finished next week then that gives me 3 weeks to finish the redemeptor which hopefully should be just enough.

A very nice looking squad again :) Nothing wrong with taking time if it means you’re happy with the finished product.

Not sure what to do for Vow 3. I have options with about 18 oldmarine torsos and at least 11 sets of legs. Might finish the tac sqd from last years ETL (did a five man sqd then). Might do a devastator sqd. Not sure I have enough spare chainswords for an assault sqd.

FORUM: BLOOD ANGELS

The BAs regained the momentum they lost in Week 8 and in Week 9 they managed to reach 2ndposition within the Astartes Faction and 3rdposition overall! Their completion rate jumped to 43% from just 28% the previous week and surpassed the ETL average by a good 4 percentage points. The means they are ahead of the SMs and the CSMs but are still behind the DAs and AoD-L. Yet, at least against the DAs they have a substantial advantage and that is their average vow that is at 700pts vs. the DAs’ 430pts. This is a huge difference and, if they pick up momentum, they could be overtaking them in Week 10. They already have the most completed points than any other Astartes in absolute terms!

Ok guys, gals and trans human killing machines. That's starting to look a lot more respectable. Now lets keep up the hard work and get those Dark Angels reeled in then we can look at taking on the top spot.

Just keep swimming!

I, Snorri, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete one Predator Annihilator with Storm Bolter and Hunter-killer missile and one Terminator Assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shields for a total value of 393 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

2nd vow, and I got another terminator ancient up and ready for the third if I manage to get through this one in time. Lots of details on those terminators, since it’s the BA box.

Pics up soon!

Edit:

gallery_48413_15695_638345.jpg

gallery_48413_15695_266307.jpg

gallery_48413_15695_1259957.jpg

Edited by SnorriSnorrison

It’s a shame you don’t like your red. I think it’s one of the best I’ve seen and want to do something similar. I’m thinking Evil Suns Scarlet, then highlight with Troll Slayer Orange and then Tau Light Ochre. How did you achieve your red? Also I think with a minimal, and I mean minimal, amount of battle damage, your BA would be pretty much on point for what I want to achieve.

Thanks for your kind words. My red is done by the following;

Chaos Black undercoat.

Airbrush Evil Sunz Scarlet

Fairly carefully paint on Agrax Earthshade Into recesses.

Line highlight Wild Rider Red around most edges.

Final thin edge highlight of Troll Slayer Orange.

For characters I plan on going back and putting spot highlights of Lugganath Orange (if I stick with this red method).

I've thought a lot about doing some battle damage but can't bring myself to do it at the moment in case I mess the model up. I will be doing it on tanks and other vehicles though where mistakes can be a bit more forgiving.

Wow, love the way you applied the texture around the marines legs @Arkhanist! Shoulder pads looking cool as well with the chapter and company indicators!

Thanks! The dusty legs is the last step, and possibly the simplest! After painting mini and base, and final matt varnish for each I pin the two together.

I mixed a bit of two weathering pigments together to get the right pale colour cos I didn't have one that quite matched the sandy bases - flory models light sand (pale orange brown) and vallejo desert dust (offwhite) - and just apply quite heavily round the legs with a cheap eyeshadow sponge-on-a-stick, and dab a few other spots on some models where it's looking too clean; such as forearms and bottom rim of the shoulderpad. Move it around a little into the crevices with my fingertip, and dab a little more with the sponge to bring back that dusty surface round the ankles and shins. Done! Some pigment also falls off naturally onto the base in the process, which IMO helps tie the model into the basing so it makes it look more like it's really walking instead of hovering pristinely over the surface.

Oh, and then just glue on a few clumps of static grass, it looks a bit weird if they get covered in dust, so I do them after, and wipe off the rims of any speckled pigment.

Since I do plan to use these for gaming, I then do a couple of low-pressure mist coats of IPA through the airbrush around the legs to secure the pigments somewhat against handling. You can do an extra coat of varnish instead of course which will be really robust, but I find that reduces the dust effect too much.

vow 2

I bushman101 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete :

a 3 man Agressor Squad with auto boltstorm guantlets and fragstorm launcher

of total value 111 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_52622_15539_916652.jpg

Ok, so a slightly smaller 3rd vow, got a couple more vehicles being built at the moment that might feature before the end of the month.

I, Mr Yellow, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete Two Terminator squads with havey flamers for a total value of 400 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_60109_5815_239720.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_346183.jpg

Cheers

LM

Edited by Mr Yellow

WIP time!

gallery_93928_15461_561493.jpg

Ughhh! LiFe is getting in my way and I can't kick it in the sack and tell it to leave. Anyway really pushing to get this guy done, mostly just have to finish the shroud; a few touch ups that I can't live without and then wash+drybrush base then seal the model.