+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Lots of hectic things going on at the DBH house. Getting a new roof put on so out of painting commission for at least 2 days. Have been trying to paint for about 20~60 minutes a day/night. Tacticals looking good. Working on the whites now. Then will work on the high lights and washing recesses. Followed by finishing Libby in TDA and scouts. Dreadnought about 70ish% complete. Need to finish up washes and high lights. Everything is looking good for completion by deadline. Doubtful I'll be able to complete a second vow but I'm going to see how it goes!

gallery_48988_15465_772766.png

+++ETL VII - WEEK 10 UPDATE+++

As the ETL enters its final stages, the overall completion rate for the event rises to 41%. However, progress was moderate vs. last week with only 12k completed points vs. 28k the week before. Be that as it may, Week 10 is over and now we have three weeks to go to the day! So, time is certainly running out and for those who have procrastinated until now, this is the wake-up call – much like Hawser’s!

In this week, we’ve seen the DAs re-asserting their dominance while the CSMs, although improving, they still have a lot of unexploited potential! However, the really interesting stuff is happening in the Xenos area where three Forums have similar resources (participants and points pledged) thus making completion rates the ultimate game winner! This is currently the most exciting part of the ETL to watch!

We also have some new challenges issued – more of that in the “Challenges” section below.

Now, let’s see Week 10 in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 10
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 152 242 140,506 58157,975 41.3% 23,921 Space Marines 537946,703 591 17,826 38.2% 6,804 Blood Angels 38 5839,474 681 16,909 42.8% 7,243 Dark Angels 37 73 30,714 421 17,896 58.3% 10,427 Space Wolves 24 32 23,615 738 5,344 22.6% 1,209 IFOR 59 97 47,271 487 17,588 37.2% 6,544 Adepta Sororitas 6 16 4,514 282 3,217 71.3% 2,293 AdMech 11 16 11,208 701 3,15628.2% 889 Astra Militarum 22 33 18,721 567 6,407 34.2% 2,193 Imperial Agents 6 12 6,387 532 3,246 50.8% 1,650 Grey Knights 5 6 2,634 439 238 9.0% 22 Deathwatch 9 14 3,807 272 1,324 34.8% 460 Realm of Chaos 78 127 65,225 514 23,006 35.3% 8,115 Chaos Space Marines 73 118 59,073 501 20,332 34.4% 6,998 Chaos Daemons 3 6 4,655 776 1,481 31.8% 471 LatD 2 3 1,497 499 1,193 79.7% 951 Xenos 32 58 29,454 508 16,618 56.4% 9,376 Aeldari 4 7 3,477 497 999 28.7% 287 Necrons 8 12 7,754 646 3,357 43.3% 1,453 Orks 5 10 3,100 310 2,419 78.0% 1,888 T’au Empire 7 10 7,652 765 4,829 63.1% 3,047 Tyranids 8 19 7,471 393 5,014 67.1% 3,365 AoD 27 42 60,865 1,449 25,737 42.3% 10,883 AoD-L 14 24 34,130 1,422 17,987 52.7% 9,479 AoD-T 13 18 26,735 1,485 7,750 29.0% 2,247 Total ETL VI 348 566 343,321 607 140,924 41.0% 57,845

FACTIONS

FACTION: ADEPTUS ASTARTES

The Adeptus Astartes are without question the leaders in the Faction race. With immense resources behind them, it doesn’t take an enormous performance to get at the top – and indeed their performance is far from spectacular – their completion rate is bang-on the ETL average while their re-vowing rate is the lowest among all factions at 59%. Obviously, this may change if the SMs become more involved and of course if the SWs start delivering some completions. But even so, the popularity of Marines in the B&C shows, and the results are that they remain the leading Faction.

FORUMS

FORUM: BLOOD ANGELS

The BAs have the second place currently within the Astartes faction with a completion rate of 43% they are slightly above the ETL average but it’s not enough to threaten the DAs or the AoD-L. Their re-vowing rate of 53% is also not very impressive – especially when compared with the DAs 97% and the 71% of the AoD-L. BUT you have the resources and a good week may materially change all this. It’s simple: deliver on your vows (especially the first vows) and things will look very different in Week 11. There are a lot of vows around the 500pts mark – these can be some quick wins right there.

Sat third as we enter the home stretch. We are on course for a podium finish but not if we sleepwalk* and to be quite honest, to echo Semper above we can push for further honours if we snap out of this malaise and deliver on our promise.

Just because SM and CSM have yet to fire, it doesn't mean they wont.

Just because AoD-L are still working miracles, doesn't mean they wont sustain it.

Just because the DAs are in the lead, doesn't mean they can't be caught.

Get those vows done, squeeze in some little vows, but above all, just try your best :smile.: Don't lose hope or motivation; you've all got time to fit in in and make that huge dent in your backlogs. I believe in you all :smile.:

*ETL V we were third all the way and ended up fifth due in part to sleepwalking.

Edited by Jolemai

A much delayed update from my part. Summer was hectic with three children.

Sanguinary Guard are proving the toughest cookies out of the lot, as expected.

oqiPEnS.jpg

Not so much because of the models themselves, but the amount of time spent on each and every wing...

Good thing I'm halfway there!

dxk7PtC.jpg

Chaplain just needs white highlights

qXF4P3K.jpg

Likewise for the aggressors

2I33LIt.jpg

2RfA0HN.jpg

Lieutenant, on the other hand, is completely done, and SO tired of all the aliens and heretics who just can't get Off His LAWN!!!

erN2t58.jpg

Good going all of you! If we can nail those completions then the dark angels are still in trouble. If we can get a similar cr then our larger total points will edge it in our favour. I might not get my current vow done before next weekend but it will be done not long afterwards and then I have a date with a chapter master and some yellow paints...

Counting my first vow as complete. Now to think of a second!

1022311_sm-.jpeg

1022308_sm-.jpeg

1022310_sm-.jpeg

1022309_sm-.jpeg

Note: 358 points complete

Exquisite work and I love the mottled, weathered look to the painting :wub:

A second vow would be amazing, just remember that we haven't got long left!

Edited by Jolemai

Lovely paint job there Black_Sky!

Also I am a bit later than planned but I declare my 2nd vow complete:

go3dMi6.jpg

I am looking to do a repulsor for my next vow and will get some photos up soon!

Another excellent completion, well done! Those robes offset the Librarian brilliantly and the rest is top notch too :smile.:

We have around eighteen days left (Event finishes 01/09/19 1700 UTC) so if you can do a Repulsor in two and a half weeks then that's grand :thumbsup:

Edited by Jolemai

It's #wipwednesday again, BRING OUT YER WIPS!

A much delayed update from my part. Summer was hectic with three children.

Sanguinary Guard are proving the toughest cookies out of the lot, as expected.

oqiPEnS.jpg

Not so much because of the models themselves, but the amount of time spent on each and every wing...

Good thing I'm halfway there!

dxk7PtC.jpg

Chaplain just needs white highlights

qXF4P3K.jpg

Likewise for the aggressors

2I33LIt.jpg

2RfA0HN.jpg

Lieutenant, on the other hand, is completely done, and SO tired of all the aliens and heretics who just can't get Off His LAWN!!!

erN2t58.jpg

Everything there is coming along brilliantly. Just keep plugging away and you'll be fine - and I say that as someone with kids :thumbsup:

So, brief update before i go dark for a week. Would have preferred to get a bit further but everyone has paint on them at least. Second pic are the almost finished ones, first up are the ones in most need to work.

gallery_19254_15444_22642.jpg

gallery_19254_15444_12765.jpg

Good luck all and keep on painting!

Another fabulous set of WIPs. I'm sure it was daunting but you're doing great :thumbsup: Really eager to see how they turn out.

Pregnant wife, moving to a new housing situation, and an insane job have seriously impacted by ability to model/paint/play, but I made sure to get down to my club to get some paint on models. Felt like a personal win since I've never painted out side of my home before, and given all that is going on I was able to make the time and effort to get something in.

On a seperate note, I think Leadbelcher is my favorite color to paint (can we have favorites paints to apply?). No matter how unmotivated I am, putting Leadbelcher on a model takes it into "ok, now this is something to look kinda painted." Could be the fact that metallic always contrasts regardless of other colors you are doing*. Or maybe because it's shiny.

As a WIP, here is a DC model that had the basing added, though there's still work needed to be done on the base. Terrible pic; terrible angle; terrible lighting, but I use the same "anything is better than nothing clause" as above.

I'm keepin' on no matter what. You?

Hidden Content
...which is what made my Iron Warriors so hard to finish. They're pretty much all Leadbelcher so once it was on I had to motivate myself to keep going :smile.:

Hope the pregnancy and the move is going well :smile.: Just keep the painting in manageable chunks and make the most of the free time you have now :laugh.:

I've painted at my club before now when I've not had a game, simply because if I had stayed home then I wouldn't have managed any hobby at all :blush.: it does focus you a bit knowing there's only a small window to work in (although the distractions are different...)

The Death Company currently stands to hold as many as 29 of our ranks! While it is a noble fate, do not forget it is also a tragic one! Remember your vows, my brothers, and Paint!

Going to the shop today to restock on paints that I need. Pretty stoked about getting libby done. Boys in red are looking good!

I've got Sunday afternoon blocked out for paint acquisition, then I can do my remaining Hellblasters, declare completion and sit back and watch for the remaining time.

Cheeky lieutenant maybe? Just to pass the time of course...

Mm, I might be able to figure something out, but my funds are rather limited - and being put toward a 'Nids Kill Team - so I'm not promising anything.

I've got Sunday afternoon blocked out for paint acquisition, then I can do my remaining Hellblasters, declare completion and sit back and watch for the remaining time.

Mm, I might be able to figure something out, but my funds are rather limited - and being put toward a 'Nids Kill Team - so I'm not promising anything.
Any chance of a bits box raid? Can you borrow/thieve a body off a friend and add ba doo-dahs to fancy it up? Just need a bolter and chainsword for equipment after all. Just thinking of ways to not have to spend any moneys for ya.. Edited by Leonaides

Any chance of a bits box raid? Can you borrow/thieve a body off a friend and add ba doo-dahs to fancy it up? Just need a bolter and chainsword for equipment after all. Just thinking of ways to not have to spend any moneys for ya..

M'lad, I'm a bit new to have any substantial bits. Would you like a photo of my bits box at present?