+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

My vow will be completed. I've been making some progress just not much time to post updates. I'll try to sneak a quick 2nd vow in at the end. Going to bring out the airbrush tomorrow and get my stormraven going.

Anyone have any suggestions or input as to whether a red stormraven with a single white wing would look okay?

The whole wing if I can make it work. My regular marines have a white or black right arm depending on the rank. Trying to replicate that on the raven. I usually just do a white or black right sponson on tanks. Balancing the colors will be rough, but I want to give it a shot. Potentially could be pretty cool or different.

I assume we can do partial unit pledges? (I have 4 intercessors and 4 hellblasters primed after doing each squads sarge)

If so, I’ll add those as a second vow (200 dead on the nose, I reckon). It’ll give me a push to get them done!

Usually not since partial units aren't a valid unit per our Codex. Better wait for a reply from Captain Semper though.

Might not be a painting update but I just assembled parts for my vow 5 if I get the time. Chapter master malakim phoros of the lamentors is a pile of grey plastic parts and I discovered I have a real lack of ba-specific chest plates that don't have jump pack straps on them! Edited by Leonaides

So finally dug out the brushes again - everyone is now game legal (3 colours) and I'm mostly down to a few details and cleaning up over overspill of paint before the big wash session.

I may have been a bit ambitious but my second gravis captain now has no cape. Unfortunately this also means he has no right backside. Green stuff fudging ahead.

I assume we can do partial unit pledges? (I have 4 intercessors and 4 hellblasters primed after doing each squads sarge)

If so, I’ll add those as a second vow (200 dead on the nose, I reckon). It’ll give me a push to get them done!

Legal units only. The work around would be to pledge the unit but you would lose 20% of the final score due to one model already being complete, however, this Semper would need to sign off on this.

(Two weeks to go!)

Update time. Almost all there now. Just need to work on the robed captain, find his base and do a backpack for yheex-dark angel librarian.

And then the detail hunt for what I missed can begin.

On phone so apologies, if anyone can change the link feel free.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15444/gallery_19254_15444_61782.jpeg

Ok, so now completed and as I expected, there isn't time remaining for a fourrth vow I'd have confidence in having the time to complete.

Last batch - the finaal combat squad of Intercessors, Chaplain, Priest and the Ancient getting his banner:

vow3done

Which added to the already reported:

vow3prog

Hellblasters

Gives me vow complete:

OK, so that puts me ready for a third vow:

Cleon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 19 models (listed below) of total value of 637pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Primaris Chaplain
- 1x Primaris Ancient

- 1x Primaris Lieutenant (power sword)
- 1x Primaris Apothecary/Sanguinary Priest
- 1x 5-man Hellblaster squad (plasma incinerators)
- 1x 10-man Intercessor squad (Power sword, auto bolt rifles and an auxillery grenade launcher)

Total 637 points

Putting it all together, I've almost added a half company of painted Primaris to my Angels:

All

I think i'll start up my own thread once I've had a little break and painted something not red (and back from holiday) to bring them further up towards a company, starting with the other five Dark Imperium Intercessors (who were too started to include in the ETL) and 10 Reivers, plus a Redemptor dread for a slightly over strength half company

Oh maaaaaan, I'm gonna be pushing it, aren't I? Can't get Leadbelcher until a week from now. Competition ends two weeks from now.

Substitute a different paint? Army painter gun metal and scale colour 75 thrash metal are both very similar colours and nice metallics in their own right. And vallejo game colour chainmail silver is another substitute in a pinch.

I'm nearly done with my hellblasters, but I've an entire redemptor to paint in 2 weeks as well, so it's going to be a bunch of late nights for me to get finished in time.

Oh maaaaaan, I'm gonna be pushing it, aren't I? Can't get Leadbelcher until a week from now. Competition ends two weeks from now.

Substitute a different paint? Army painter gun metal and scale colour 75 thrash metal are both very similar colours and nice metallics in their own right. And vallejo game colour chainmail silver is another substitute in a pinch.

I'm nearly done with my hellblasters, but I've an entire redemptor to paint in 2 weeks as well, so it's going to be a bunch of late nights for me to get finished in time.

Leadbelcher is itself a substitute. Also, it's just the type of paint I need; I can't get any paints at all until a week from now.

I forgot to post this last week sorry everyone.

For my 3rd vow: I Mordas rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete all models below of total value 311pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1x Repsulsor with Icarus rocket pod, Las-talon, Onslaught gatling cannon, twin lascannon and the rest grenade launchers.

I am not 100% sure on the points for this one but this is what Battlescribe is currently telling me.

Here is the undercoating:

QLLBM5M.jpg

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (Dual Kheres assault cannons, Cyclone Missile Launcher) of total value 194 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_85660.jpg

Vow Completed:

gallery_40907_9492_375817.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_694341.jpggallery_40907_9492_396559.jpggallery_40907_9492_585254.jpg