+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

WIP on my 2nd vow:

0N63COq.jpg

Most base colours are down, with some highlights on the red ready for the ink over the top. Then onto the detail work.

I magnetised the helmets on my heavy weapon Devs so I can swap a red helmet in if they're needed in Tactical squads.

Edited by Thoridon

As promised, one more drop of blood.

I Spyros rise for the 4th time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Primaris Lieutenant with MC Stalker Bolt rifle of total value 75 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL7 vow4

Hey guys, I wasn't able to paint since I first posted because of switching jobs and some awful carpal tunnel, but I now I am finally able to get painting again. I will finish my vow in the next few days, but I won't be able to do any additional vows as I had hoped to. Anyways, here is a almost done WIP for my Primaris Lieutenant. Tried out a few new things for me on this guy, including an enamel wash and some simple OSL.

C2kvRz6.jpg?1

I3mystW.jpg?2

It seems I've spoken a bit too soon; I've managed to get ahold of the paints I needed. I'm warming up with a sprue of learn-to-paint Sigmarines and a quick repaint/test scheme on my Smash Captain based on what I learned in painting the first of the aforementioned Sigmarines. I've decided to darken my overall color scheme back down after the whole Contrast mess; I'm using Khorne Red with a wash of Carroburg Crimson for my armor color now, with Gal Vorbak Red for cloth, Balthasar Gold with Seraphim Sepia for gold, Leadbelcher with Seraphim for steel, Fire Dragon Bright for lenses and probably just plain Leadbelcher for faceplates. My OLD old color scheme had Reaper Naga Green lenses, Mephiston Red plain for most of the model, Abaddon Black for soft armor areas and gun cases, Reaper Blade Steel for metal and plain Balthasar Gold for gold trace on pauldrons and such. My new acquisitions (by the way, official GW stores are absolutely magical, it was my first time there and the manager was the friendliest guy, he plays Krieg and I'm planning on signing up for an escalation league there) are:

Leadbelcher

Carroburg Crimson

Gal Vorbak Red

Apothecary White (Contrast)

A refill of Blood Angel Red (Contrast)

A refill of Balthasar Gold

Seraphim Sepia

Pack of press-fit Sigmarines for free

There is no time to be lost!

Battle-brothers!

Space Marines, today, the enemy is at our door! We know our duty, and we will do it! We fight for our honor, as Blood Angels, as Space Marines, and we fight in the name of the Emperor!

And if we lose this week, we lose in glory, we lose heroes' losses, but we shall not lose, no! It is the ENEMY who shall taste death and defeat!

As you know, most of our battle-brothers have vows currently nearing completion, prepared to finish in time for the deadline! Our perimeter has been prepared in the event that our enemy should be so bold and foolish. We have vowed numerous vows, allowing for multiple, simultaneous and devastating defensive vow completions!

The Codex Astartes names this maneuver Plastic Rain. We will descend upon the foe, we will overwhelm them - we will leave them behind us in completions! Meanwhile, our already-completed vows will ensure the defense of our points.

We are the Blood Angels! For the Omnissiah and the Angel!

Made some great progress yesterday; all metals are applied and shaded, soft armour and other details blackened and set apart. Armour has been shaded in some extra finicky spaces such as the fingers/general hand area to make those look a bit better. Going to finish the silver and gold highlights today I’m sure, not much left to go then!

Making solid progress on my current vow.

I do have a question though. If, hypothetically speaking, one lost the assault cannon for their land speeder tempest. Would that prevent them from being allowed to complete the vow if the rest of it was painted?

Do you have another assault cannon for something else? Like for like even if it doesn't get attached to that vehicle?

Making solid progress on my current vow.

I do have a question though. If, hypothetically speaking, one lost the assault cannon for their land speeder tempest. Would that prevent them from being allowed to complete the vow if the rest of it was painted?

Do you have another assault cannon for something else? Like for like even if it doesn't get attached to that vehicle?
I might do, or I'll have to see if eBay will provide one in time. I wanted to gauge how much of a problem it would be as that would dictate if I go to extreme lengths to acquire one.

EDIT: Of course I was just speaking hypothetically and I didn't just find the missing cannon on the floor in the garage.

Edited by Mr Yellow

Brothers, I successfully inflitrated the Dark Angel outpost to hear their leader brother sempter boasting of their continued status as number 1 in the standings.

However it sounds like we are in with a shot if we can get more completions in it will tip the competition in our favour.

I've had a quick hunt back through our outpost and we have a few brothers still out there with some mighty impressive pledges that we haven't heard from for a while:

BrotherAetherick
bushman101
Charlo
CommDante
Demoulius
Indefragable
Kaese
Lynnean
Mostwanted
Ornithologist
planefall
redshadow
sfPanzer
The4thHorseman

How are you all coming along, are you on target for the weekend?

Finally, keep it up!!

Cheers

LM

Edited by Mr Yellow

Vow 1 Complete!

Reposting Librarian Dread for completeness sake.

gallery_85034_15227_47963.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_88665.jpg

Close up of the Astraeus Gunner.

gallery_85034_14559_83233.jpg

I wont have the ability to do a followup vow unfortunately.. I grossly underestimated how much time this vow would take me in addition to summer courses. I'm quite glad to have finished, it was getting too close to the wire for my tastes. I will get some much better pictures of the Astraeus in a few days, I was just so excited to have completed it and wanted to make sure my vow completion was posted in time!

Brothers, I successfully inflitrated the Dark Angel outpost to hear their leader brother sempter boasting of their continued status as number 1 in the standings.

However it sounds like we are in with a shot if we can get more completions in it will tip the competition in our favour.

I've had a quick hunt back through our outpost and we have a few brothers still out there with some mighty impressive pledges that we haven't heard from for a while:

BrotherAetherick

bushman101

Charlo

CommDante

Demoulius

Indefragable

Kaese

Lynnean

Mostwanted

Ornithologist

planefall

redshadow

sfPanzer

The4thHorseman

How are you all coming along, are you on target for the weekend?

Finally, keep it up!!

Cheers

LM

I'm going to be going right to the wire with mine. Work has caused a big hold up in progress for me for the last couple of weeks, which has been frustrating. But I hopefully should just about be ok.