+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

I keeblerartillery rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 librarian dreadnought, 2 relic sicaran battle tanks with heavy bolter sponsons, and a captain with jump pack, TH/SS of total value 636 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_70131_10318_96894.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_257661.jpg

Also, you can see I have some guys ready for a second vow when these guys get done :wink:

Time for me to wade in and defend my crown (let's make sure this doesn't become a thing for me).

I MrYellow rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Lucius Pattern Scout Titan of total value 2000 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And here it is in the garage with the basecoat going down:

gallery_60109_14893_569299.jpg

Cheers

LM

Time for me to wade in and defend my crown (let's make sure this doesn't become a thing for me).

I MrYellow rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Lucius Pattern Scout Titan of total value 2000 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Man, good luck with that titan, a difficult undertaking at the best of times. It is marching under the wrong banner of course, but seeing one finished is still a great sight! :thumbsup:

gallery_60109_14893_569299.jpg

Good lord. A titan this early in the event. Makes me scared for what's gonna happen this year :lol:

Also, I hope you weren't too gone from the paint fumes since you were in the garage.... A model that big must take a bit of priming

Cheers

LM

One word of warning - the Lucius is very vulnerable to being front heavy, if you are planning on leaving the upper hull so it comes off at the waist to make it easier to transport (it does help), you might want to consider attaching a deeper rod to the upper element of the join and drilling deeper into the hip connector - I really wish I had before I assembled the upper hull and painted it.

Great big and small vows, Brothers, with some fantastic models showing up! :)
Lynnean - WOW! A Battle Company worth of models in a single take! I'd say that's more bodies than in any other vow so far across the whole B&C :woot: (one Space Wolf has a 4k pts vow, but only ~70 models). A true Exemplar of the Host. THE Host.

Keeblerartillery - fantastic take on the Libby Dread with the soooo cool Achillus. It will be pure pleasure to see more of your staple marble technique on bigger models :)

My own progress is slow but purposeful - first metal coats applied to whatever will be metal and blacks to weapons and winged skulls. Next up - highlights for the infantry. Usually the most onerous part for me. I hope to have some pictures later this evening.
I'm trying to do at least an hour of painting daily. So far I'm managing more than that. 

Not the best of pictures, but I hope they show how Inceptors and Aggressors are progressing. Also I have decided on the amount and placement of the Librarius' blue on the Libby Dread (ignore the blue halberd - it was joke :P)
Captain will have a black shield.
gallery_105306_14251_287293.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Hol' up, are converted Librarian Contemptors a common thing? I see two in this thread alone.

Well, the Librarian Dreadnoughts are not restricted to Castraferrum pattern, so there is no stopping you in terms of conversion possibilities. For all we know, you can make a Redemptor Librarian Dreadnought as long as armament fits the datasheet ;)

You can check my WIP thread if you're interested how mine was done.

Hol' up, are converted Librarian Contemptors a common thing? I see two in this thread alone.

So I know at least 4 people have been working on converted Libby dreads in this forum - 2 contemptor variants and 2 achillus variants. Neonmole is the other purported achillus. Mine was a surprise for this event, but long planned. Rule of cool my man!

I really wanted to make a Redemptor version of the Librarian Dreadnought, but the base size difference is so huge that for the first time I actually decided against a conversion for gameplay reasons. I just boost him between units via wings way too often which wouldn't really be possible with such a huge base lol