+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Welcome on board Spaced Hulk - All these Unforgiven closing ranks... it's a spectacle to behold!!! Wha is this mini anyway? 

@ Gederas: Splendid news indeed! :woot: We  certainly look forward to that behemoth joining the mighty First! We'll show them this year! And it's very rewarding that you use the ETL for your motivation in such a grand manner! Also, what car are your eyeing? (bit of a car guy here)....

@ Grot:eek: whaaaaa....what's going on? You jump for single miniature vows of less than 100pts each to a mega-vow of almost 1,700? You are a true hero of the Chapter 3rd Master, you make the Inner Circle proud. Where do you find the energy? I mean between doing all the imagery work for the ETL, run the DW event and paint minis like a machine gun! VERY IMPRESSED!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Brothers here is my first entry to the ETL sorry for the post.

1 master in gravis amrour

1 primaris lieutenant

1 primaris libarian

1 primaris chaplain

1 intercessor squad x10 sergeant power sword bolt pistle

1 primaris ancient

1 primaris apothecary

1 aggressor squad x3 flamestorm gauntlets

1 redemptor dreadnaught, fragstorm grenade launcher, heavy flamer,

heavy onslaught gatling cannon. icarus rocket pod.

Comes to 956pts

med_gallery_107213_15575_99700.jpg

Edited by Brother Azreal

@ Gederas: Splendid news indeed! :woot: We  certainly look forward to that behemoth joining the mighty First! We'll show them this year! And it's very rewarding that you use the ETL for your motivation in such a grand manner! Also, what car are your eyeing? (bit of a car guy here)....

I mean, I might as well make my last 40k purchase (outside of paints, cases and/or bases) for several months a good one :lol: I'm not sure if I'm going to vow it by itself, or what. But I do plan on trying to finish that monster by the end of the ETL.

Re the car: Nothing in particular, I just have a preference for Wagons. Because they're nice, unique, reliable, and also have a ton of space for transporting my army :lol:. It's mainly because, while I have access to my father's normal car, my parents are planning on moving down south and I don't want to move currently, so while I can easily get my work shift to become full-time, I'd need a car to get to my job. But since I live in New England and to not be a nimrod, I'm looking to something All-Wheel Drive or Four-Wheel Drive. So I'm currently browsing local listings of Subarus (Legacy, Outback) and Volvos (V60, V70). The one I really want (Dodge Magnum) is a frigging unicorn to find, because apparently the 4WD version of that is even rarer than the normal one :lol:

Welcome on board Spaced Hulk - All these Unforgiven closing ranks... it's a spectacle to behold!!! Wha is this mini anyway? 

@ Grot:eek: whaaaaa....what's going on? You jump for single miniature vows of less than 100pts each to a mega-vow of almost 1,700? You are a true hero of the Chapter 3rd Master, you make the Inner Circle proud. Where do you find the energy? I mean between doing all the imagery work for the ETL, run the DW event and paint minis like a machine gun! VERY IMPRESSED!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

You can thank Darnok and The Hunt the Fallen Challenge for the larger vow, my original intention was 5 individual Primaris vows, but what am I gunna do, let The Fallen have the free run of the forum?

Alrigh, Let’s start this week in earnest!

Sammael, Grand Master of the Ravenwing takes to the field in his trusty land speeder Sableclaw, mowing down traitor infantry with his dual assault cannon and heavy bolter. He is flanked by two of his Ravenwing land speeders who are busy melting enemy armor at close range with multi-meltas and blowing them apart ant long range with typhoon missile launchers (all weapons magnetized of-course). Nothing but ruins they leave in their wake…

Thus my first vow is COMPLETE and the Dark Angels get 436pts.

Glory to the Lion and the Emperor!

gallery_96682_12924_702352.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_258386.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_357172.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_689657.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_352140.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_411310.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_348857.jpg

I, Grand Master Belialrise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels Forum and vow to complete Primaris Chaplain (85), DW Terminator Squad (235), and Reiver Squad (100) of total value 420 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Primaris Chaplain (stock)

DW Terminator Squad

- Sgt w/ Power Sword

- Terminator w/ Plasma Cannon

- Terminator w/ Chainfist

- 2x Terminators w/ Hammer and Shield

Reiver Squad

- 5x Grav-Chutes

Ordering Boxes now.

I've gotten everything primed for the second vow, barring the Chaplain Dreadnought's CCW arm which should be arriving tomorrow. I have started working on the Chaplain Dreadnought though.

I also had a crazy idea due to me remembering I have the model and was intending to use it on my Deathwatch. But since my Deathwatch is a VERY slow-grow, I realized I could utilize the model for ETL VII instead.

I'm going to turn this:

01.jpg

Into this:
99800101107_DABelial01.jpg

Because I can't vow the Belial I already have, since I had almost finished painting him before ETL VII started :lol:

Brothers here is my first entry to the ETL sorry for the post.

1 master in gravis amrour

1 primaris lieutenant

1 primaris libarian

1 primaris chaplain

1 intercessor squad x10 sergeant power sword bolt pistle

1 primaris ancient

1 primaris apothecary

1 aggressor squad x3 flamestorm gauntlets

1 redemptor dreadnaught, fragstorm grenade launcher, heavy flamer,

heavy onslaught gatling cannon. icarus rocket pod.

Comes to 956pts

Hidden Content

med_gallery_107213_15575_99700.jpg

Welcome Brother Azrael! I see a lot of Primaris there, so this event might interest you. Good luck mate!

Alrigh, Let’s start this week in earnest!

Sammael, Grand Master of the Ravenwing takes to the field in his trusty land speeder Sableclaw, mowing down traitor infantry with his dual assault cannon and heavy bolter. He is flanked by two of his Ravenwing land speeders who are busy melting enemy armor at close range with multi-meltas and blowing them apart ant long range with typhoon missile launchers (all weapons magnetized of-course). Nothing but ruins they leave in their wake…

Thus my first vow is COMPLETE and the Dark Angels get 436pts.

Glory to the Lion and the Emperor!

Hidden Content

gallery_96682_12924_702352.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_258386.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_357172.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_689657.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_352140.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_411310.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_348857.jpg

Ha! The Ravenwing has arrived! And impressive (and fast) completion brother! Will you be vowing again?

This is great! :)

I've gotten everything primed for the second vow, barring the Chaplain Dreadnought's CCW arm which should be arriving tomorrow. I have started working on the Chaplain Dreadnought though.

I also had a crazy idea due to me remembering I have the model and was intending to use it on my Deathwatch. But since my Deathwatch is a VERY slow-grow, I realized I could utilize the model for ETL VII instead.

I'm going to turn this:

Hidden Content

01.jpg

Into this:

99800101107_DABelial01.jpg

Because I can't vow the Belial I already have, since I had almost finished painting him before ETL VII started :laugh.:

Well that's an ambitious project - but one I'm really looking forward to! Have to say, not a big fan of our Belial model anyway... Looks a bit like a traffic warden - not exactly the nemesis of the Fallen... :D So I'm really looking forward to this!: )

I, Grand Master Belial, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels Forum and vow to complete Primaris Chaplain (85), DW Terminator Squad (235), and Reiver Squad (100) of total value 420 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Primaris Chaplain (stock)

DW Terminator Squad

- Sgt w/ Power Sword

- Terminator w/ Plasma Cannon

- Terminator w/ Chainfist

- 2x Terminators w/ Hammer and Shield

Reiver Squad

- 5x Grav-Chutes

Ordering Boxes now.

And GMB joins the fight! A good mix of Deathwing and Primaris there - possibly joining both satellite events? ;) Good luck mate - super excited by this!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

My Dark Talon is completed, work is undergoing on Agressors and Azrael. Didn't do a lot of painting over the weekend though, as I had 8 games of 40k in 3 days :biggrin.:

Nice! Would you like to share your thoughts on the overall event, the individual games and your "lessons learned"? Mayb another thread is a better place than this one, but I would like to know. :thumbsup:

Darnok, the Dark Talon was for a doubles event in which we played a mix of AM, admech, DA and assassin of choice. There is a short writeup and list post in the DA army list section, if you should be so inclined (nothing game specific or experience wise, as it didn't seem there would be much interest in that, since the list is only partially DA, but if you would like, I shall try to elaborate in that thread). The remaining 5 games unfortunately don't have anything to do with The First, as I was not able to get my planned DA list to work through 5 or 6 test games, and probalby would not have been able to get it completed in time either (when being pessimistically realistic).

The post is this one: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356370-doubles-tournament/

Heya, so I hit a bit of an issue with the upscaling of the terminators so they may take a little bit longer till they're ready to paint, was just wondering if was ok if I can post the lieutenant for now, so I can paint him between sculpting breaks for the terminators?

Dark Rage, what’s the issue you’re having? I upscaled 10 terminators a couple years back. Maybe there’s something I can help with?

Thanks but the upscaling is fine I just tend to be a bit awkward when it comes to aesthetics and details which were bugging me about them, so I made a few changes but its gonna be a little bit longer till I can apply the changes to all.

I, Almagor rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete the following units of total value 493 pts. on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Sammael on Corvex – 183 pts.

Ravenwing Ancient – 112 pts.

Ravenwing Apothecary – 92 pts.

Ravenwing Champion – 106 pts.

Total: 493 pts.

gallery_96682_12924_33472.jpg

gallery_96682_12924_139747.jpg

I keep getting distracted by my next two projects. I'm preparing to base my Inceptors using Sector Imperialis terrain, like they did in that White dwarf. Second, I'm going to be converting a box of Reivers into 9 Eliminators and a phobos Captain. It's gonna be a major sculpting project, and I may not vow it due to time... the Inceptors should be fine. Then I've got a ton of support characters waiting to go. And playing Gaslands without modifying the cars just seems sad.

I must call upon our grim resolve. I will focus my efforts. I should spend some time on fluff for my venerable Dread while I'm painting him, too.

Heya, so I hit a bit of an issue with the upscaling of the terminators so they may take a little bit longer till they're ready to paint, was just wondering if was ok if I can post the lieutenant for now, so I can paint him between sculpting breaks for the terminators?

Even a pic of the Termies in pieces will qualify it as a "Stating Pic" for the ETL :tu: