+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Brothers of another Primarch, this is some serious progress you are showing and if I had more time I would aim more direct compliments at your specific vows (...and all of them look so clean and perfect, damn!)

But none of you can say I'm at fault if I say that this beauty here, is one of your crown jewels this ETL:

Current WIP. Not too much left now, some decals and touch ups along with minor highlights on non-armour bits.

med_gallery_3547_15435_502887.jpg

You have no idea how much I adore your Green Mastodon. It makes me wish for my own.

(I guess that's how others feel abut babies...)

Edit:

With vow 2 complete here is vow 3 :smile.:

I, Lt Arkley, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete Vanguard Lt of total value 86pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

im stealing the thumb tack idea.

That is genius! I am stealing that too!

Edited by RikuEru

Vow 3 Compete :)

I, Lt Arkley, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete 3 Vanguard Eliminators of total value 72pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Brothers of another Primarch, this is some serious progress you are showing and if I had more time I would aim more direct compliments at your specific vows (...and all of them look so clean and perfect, damn!)

But none of you can say I'm at fault if I say that this beauty here, is one of your crown jewels this ETL:

Current WIP. Not too much left now, some decals and touch ups along with minor highlights on non-armour bits.

med_gallery_3547_15435_502887.jpg

You have no idea how much I adore your Green Mastodon. It makes me wish for my own.

(I guess that's how others feel abut babies...)

Aww shucks thank you! I'm humbled by praise from our 6th legion brothers.

Progress on the Stormraven is somewhat slow. My hobby room is in the attic, and in this weather, working with quickly drying paints is somewhat of a challenge!

2iui8Ji.jpg?1rY6DjwO.jpg?18dGwuuj.jpg?1U4CoihG.jpg?1

I really like what you did with the Stormraven. Nice compromise on the paint scheme.

Edited by SickSix

Wow! A lot of progress brothers! Congratulations to Arkley and dereglinqueren for their completions! 

Now guys, all our metrics are fantastic - it's just that our average vow is quite low... If anyone considers making a big vow, well, now is the time!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Derelinqueren, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete a librarian, a master in terminator armour with cool pretend sword and Sammuel in sableclaw (conversion) for a total of 418pts for a second vow on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

sammy

cappy

libby

Brothers, your progress is inspirational! I soon will be completing my own vow - in a couple of weeks hopefully...

Important completions and re-vowng is taking place and there is no substitute to that. The only thing we could improve on, is the size of the average vow that is still on the low side...

Week 7 cut-off will be later today.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Mine should be completed this weekend. Maybe this evening if I don't get too worse for wear at some party thing (there's beer, I'm there). Then.... I'm not sure what to vow, my infiltrators did very well in a game last night so they deserve it but that's only 280 odd points. Do we think I'd have time to get my repulsor executioner done too?

I'm doing the easy-to-build repulsor atm and it appears to be more work than I originally anticipated... It requires respect for sure. But we're half way there. I mean, other things being equal (i.e your personal schedule) then it should not be as demanding as the Mastodon... And you'd have the same amount of time to do it. I'd say go for it. 

Well, after a 3 hour paint session last night, I’m almost done my (single, 74pt :D ) Lieutenant Arklae. All he needs is the chapter and company iconography, and the battle damage and he’s all done. I was hoping to make the weekly cutoff, but not quite.

My wife and I are talking about taking the kids to the drive in tonight, but if we don’t he should be done for tomorrow. If we do go, we’ll be seeing the Lion King. So at least I’ll be muttering under my breath all movie “For the Lion...”

Here comes my second vow.

I Lostrael rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the First Legion and vow to complete
a Primaris Lieutenant with power sword and plasma pistol of total value 79 on or before September 1st, 2019.
Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
gallery_86236_11073_14778.jpg

Can you share your method for painting the wing ornaments on the bike?

I'm trying to do the same effect but yours is so much smoother.

It's one good use for contrast color

Edited by Lostrael

Well, the good news is that I've only got the red (and small details like purity seals/gold trim, etc) to base coat on the LRC. But I'm definitely not going to my usual standard with this thing as I'm getting more and more angry with painting it :lol:

Table-top standard with Base + Shade for this one.

So my Vow II will be done this week.

@ Lostrael: Great completion brother! Good luck with your next one!

@ Gederas: Look fwd to it - Emperor knows we need the boost...

A CALL TO ALL UNFORGIVEN BROTHERS

40K-20190213082051.jpg

WE HAVE AN EXCELLENT PROGRESS SO FAR BUT OUR AVERAGE VOW IS LOW

IF YOU HAVE A LARGE OR POINTS-RICH ITEM, NOW IS THE TIME TO PLEDGE IT!

BE BRAVE WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF TIME!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!