+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

So finally here at the final hours is my Vow finished to a tabletop standard.

You may notice that one mini is finished to a far higher level than his brothers but sadly I've had some health issues the past few weeks (i strongly advise against throwing your back out, its not fun) which meant i found myself not able to spend the time to finish to the standard i had originally hoped, or work on the basing scheme, and have ended up having to rush just to get them done at all when i recovered.

Brother Arael ready to lead

Tactical Marines ready for the battlefield

The Vow in it's totallity

I leave it to the mods to decide whether to count my vow as fulfilled, because although I've hit my main goal of finally getting some minis ready to return to the tabletop after years just painting for the fun of it, i didn't finish them to the standard I had planned.

Either way i'm glad to have taken part, hopefully disrupted as it has been this will give me the start i need to push on get another squad and HQ done and get back to the tabletop and get my 1st game of 8th played.

They look great to me. I hope you feel better. I’ve been through back issues my self and it takes forever to heal. After 4 years of physio and core strengthening I feel like my old self but I know from experience it took a pretty significant accident to injure it but it takes a lots less to re-injure it.

They look great to me. I hope you feel better. I’ve been through back issues my self and it takes forever to heal. After 4 years of physio and core strengthening I feel like my old self but I know from experience it took a pretty significant accident to injure it but it takes a lots less to re-injure it.

Thanks! This was a re-injury at the gym  :sweat:  so i 100% know what you mean.

It's settled down a bit now so i was able to get through the tac squad by taking breaks every 30-45 minutes and doing stretches. 

While it was really bad i just built and primed a load of stuff to stop me getting frustrated, so ive got some Intercessors, 2 converted lieutenant (1 primaris/1 normal), and a Deathwing squad ready to go now at least.

Sidnote: my physio would probably kill me there and then if he ever saw my terrible contorted posture when im painting detail 

So with a little under two hours to go, after about an 8 or 9 hour session, I declare my second vow complete granting a further 303 points for the Dark Angels!

Sorry it came so late and that I did not have time for other vows. I took a beating from real life these past few months.
I am just so relieved and pleased that I have finished and can contribute my dangerous duo to the Chapter.

FOR THE LION!!!!!!!

RReJg10.jpg

We knew you could do it :biggrin.: Nice work Shaneos!

I leave it to the mods to decide whether to count my vow as fulfilled, because although I've hit my main goal of finally getting some minis ready to return to the tabletop after years just painting for the fun of it, i didn't finish them to the standard I had planned.

Can't see what you mean, they look amazing!

And Shaneos has come home! Congratulations man, not only you added 303pts to the DA tally but you also secured your previous vow... Thats great news indeed and a huge, HUGE relief...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

church-doors.jpg

ETL VII IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was the most savage ETL that I can remember!!!

Now I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later toady. After that, I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges.

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up.

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report.

Congratulations to all!

gallery_48988_15465_647565.png

EVENT SUMMARY

Well done Brothers of the Deathwing, our Hunt has been successful, with an outstanding mythical Completion rate of 100%. We managed completed 30 units, comprising of 64 models. Whilst Darnok has yet to officially wrap up the March of the Fallen's event and tally their points, I have them at a maximum potential of 17 points, putting us an almost 2 to 1 Victory.

Ready the Interrogation Cells, there's a few long "chats" to be had, and some repentance to be heard....

gallery_48988_15493_11529.png

Wear it with pride Brothers,

Almagor - 1x Venerable Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Angel of Solitude - 1x Venerable Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Gederas - 1x Landraider Crusader, Librarian in TDA, Interrogator Chaplain in TDA, Deathwing Champion, Apothecary, and Ancient, Relic Deredeo Dreadnought, Chaplain Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Grand Master Belial - 1x Deathwing Squad - Vow - Completion

GreyRavenC - 1x Deathwing Squad - Vow - Completion

Grotsmasha - 3x Deathwing Masters, Deathwing Champion, Deathwing Apothecary, 1x Cataphractii Squad, 4x Deathwing Squads - Vow - Completion

Isual - 1x Contemptor Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Lostrael - 1x Relic Contemptor Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Master Ciaphas - 1x Deathwing Apothecary, 1x Deathwing Ancient - Vow - Completion

Raychu - 1x Deathwing Squad - Vow - Completion

Shaneos - 1x Relic Doredeo Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Zujura - 1x Deathwing Apothecary, 1x Cataphractii Squad - Vow - Completion

Although my contribution was only small this ETL has been a blast to follow. The quality of the completed vows in this forum has been very high and it has been fun to come along for the ride.

A big congratulations to everyone that completed their vows and especially those who made it to their 5th vows.

A big thank you to Captain Semper for putting on a fantastic event and to Grotsmaha and Arkley for boosting us with Hunt the fallen and Crossing the Rubicon.

Thanks to everyone that took part and made it so much fun to follow.

gallery_48988_15465_499628.png

EVENT SUMMARY

Many Brothers of the Unforgiven have crossed over the Rubicon Primaris. As part of this new brotherhood I welcome you all.

Well done Brothers....

VOWS COMPLETE

1 VOW

Angel of Solitude

Isual

Snakechisler

Darnok

Greenz

Grand Master Belial

Zajura

G8Keeper

JJD

2 VOWS

Captain Semper

Shaneos

Isual

3 VOWS

SneakyBamsen

4 VOWS

Brother Haim

Lostrael

5 VOWS

Grotsmasha

Gederas

Arkley

GreyRavenC

Well done Brothers....

Lieutenant Arkley

Member of the Inner Circle

Master of the Unseen Ritual

Edited by Lieutenant Arkley

This year's ETL was amazing! It had a slow start, but man, the end was exciting! The quality of the painting and this years Completion rate is out of this world.

We should be proud brothers, we've fought a valiant battle against the Grey forces of Plastic, and we've dealt them a serious blow. Now we have to use the coming nine months to prepare for our next fight.

All my love to Captain Semper for organising this event, you are a true hero to the hobby! And a big thanks to Lt. Arkley, Grotsmasha and Darnok for organising their satellite events, I suspect they increased our output by a fair margin.

Massive applause for Captain Semper for doing this once more. It is absolutely fantastic.

Also a round of noisome hand-gestures for both Arkley, Grotsmasha and Darnok for the work they put into the respective satellite events. Just brilliant, especially as they, as GRC pointed out, very likely had a huge impact on the productivity of The First. So Darnok is perhaps being secretive about it, but he knows his ways have been erroneous, and he wants to come back to The Rock, which is why he has encouraged us to make such as strong showing...

Massive applause for Captain Semper for doing this once more. It is absolutely fantastic.

Also a round of noisome hand-gestures for both Arkley, Grotsmasha and Darnok for the work they put into the respective satellite events. Just brilliant, especially as they, as GRC pointed out, very likely had a huge impact on the productivity of The First. So Darnok is perhaps being secretive about it, but he knows his ways have been erroneous, and he wants to come back to The Rock, which is why he has encouraged us to make such as strong showing...

Can't echo this enough. Thank you all of you for organising the main event (Cap) and the satellite events (Arkley, Grotsmasha & Darnok).  I'd also like to add that the standard of painting this year has been absolutely phenomenal, we have some talented artists that fight for the Unforgiven!

I echo all of those above thanking Captain Semper for his dedication and enthusiasm. Painting has never been a big aspect of the hobby for me, but this has been my second event, and the support and enthusiasm from all involved has just been great!

Excellent effort in this site everyone! Looking forward to the final reviews from Captain Semper, but for myself I must tell that I've seen some really fantastic models here. Thank you guys for helping make this hobby such an inspiring thing :smile.:

Edited by Majkhel

This was my first year participating and I'm really glad I did. My contribution was relatively small, only about 400 points, and took me almost all summer to complete but in the process I really pushed my skills in many areas. I got a little more practice and experience with my airbrush and used it in more than just basecoating. I tried a little bit of blending in a few small area and tried to paint lenses for the first time. I even tried a little bit of freehand work, and even though it wasn't fancy or pro by any stretch of the imagination I was proud of the result. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun and am excited for the next one to push my skills even more!