+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Painting Tactical Marine equivalent: 5 hours- 13 points(ave).

Painting FW Knight: 50 hours- 500 points (ish).

Fun calculation... Knight beats Tactical every day.

Painting shelves of shame: Ravenwing biker 10 hours each 25 points. Nope

No need to take it as far as a Knight. A reguler HQ already is around 100 points, give or take 10 points. Equivalent to around 8 regular tacticals.

Lolz, I'm just really slow mate :biggrin.:

That was a conservative estimate too :tongue.:

Way behind you mate, I spend 10-12 hours/mini, even with my mediocre quality. :biggrin.:

My issue was lack of motivation near the end, didn't have a good place to paint setup after moving. I started strong but fizzled out because ravenwing bikes took a long time and burned me out doing 5x dark vengeance sergeants, I didnt realize they would all have extra ornamental bling. The drop pod was fun after I switched to it, and Sammael I put off due to greenstuff being a hill I have a hard time crossing. I vowed units I wanted to get completed but was not particularly excited about doing because theyve been sitting on my shelf forever and needed some external motivation in order to get my attentions. Overall I got 3 out of 4 units vowed to a tabletop level so im happy with the results while still being disappointed I didnt complete my vow.

Last year I vowed units for a similar reason but only a few models to start and it was very difficult to motivate myself and the low model count made it easier to procrastinate. I thought having more options would allow me to move back and forth more, which I should have taken advantage of more earlier on. And I also should have forced myself to green stuff and prime Sammael before the event started.

Same here. We're a Legion of slackers. Only servitor 3L/M0 has the capacity the churn out armies in the blink of an eye. We would have won hands down if those damn smurf xenos hadn't stolen him.

OMG where is Elmo. Have we sent out a search party.

ELMOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!111