+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Friendly question to my traitor brethren: would the DA Outpost be up to a challenge of Fallen vs. Deathwing? The Fallen are already on the march, all it would need is somebody over here to tally the Deathwing side.

We have a nice room we can talk about these things.

What do you have in mind Darnok?

I... umm... would rather stay out in the open. Where my bodyguard can clean the filth of your words with tentacly bolter rounds if need be. You are of course more than welcome to join me on a friendly Daemonworld... for a cup of tea, you know?

The basic idea would be to see whether Fallen or Deathwing gets more points painted for it over the course of this ETL.

The only uncertainty on my part is the question what should count for each category. In the strictest sense, "Fallen" are made up of just four datasheets (Cypher, Sorcerer, Fallen, Rhino), where in a looser sens almost all of the CSM codex could count (given appropriate conversions and/or paintjob). The Deathwing comes with similar issues: only the two terminator types plus Belial, or Dreadnoughts and Land Raiders and whatnot?

I am unsure if it is possible to balance this in a way that is fair for both sides. But the general idea of "hunters vs. hunted" is too good to leave undiscussed. :smile.:

I... umm... would rather stay out in the open. Where my bodyguard can clean the filth of your words with tentacly bolter rounds if need be. You are of course more than welcome to join me on a friendly Daemonworld... for a cup of tea, you know?

The basic idea would be to see whether Fallen or Deathwing gets more points painted for it over the course of this ETL.

The only uncertainty on my part is the question what should count for each category. In the strictest sense, "Fallen" are made up of just four datasheets (Cypher, Sorcerer, Fallen, Rhino), where in a looser sens almost all of the CSM codex could count (given appropriate conversions and/or paintjob). The Deathwing comes with similar issues: only the two terminator types plus Belial, or Dreadnoughts and Land Raiders and whatnot?

I am unsure if it is possible to balance this in a way that is fair for both sides. But the general idea of "hunters vs. hunted" is too good to leave undiscussed. :smile.:

There's actually quite a bit of Deathwing Datasheets: Deathwing Terminators, Deathwing Knights, Tartaros, Cataphractii, Belial, Deathwing Apothecary and Deathwing Champion.

But, I think that'd be an interesting little sub-event in here :lol:

Friendly question to my traitor brethren: would the DA Outpost be up to a challenge of Fallen vs. Deathwing? The Fallen are already on the march, all it would need is somebody over here to tally the Deathwing side.

Sign me up, I have 5 old school terminators coming in my first vow.

I, JJD veteran of the contest rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete one easy build Redemptor Dreadnought to a value of 157 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_74577_9223_1624069.jpeg

There's actually quite a bit of Deathwing Datasheets: Deathwing Terminators, Deathwing Knights, Tartaros, Cataphractii, Belial, Deathwing Apothecary and Deathwing Champion.

But, I think that'd be an interesting little sub-event in here :laugh.:

Happy to sort out a Deathwing tracking sheet, just need to determine exactly what we're tracking. Will it be points completed, units completed, or models completed? Is it just Codex labelled Deathwing stuff, or Dreads and LR's painted DW as well?

But, I think that'd be an interesting little sub-event in here :laugh.:

Happy to sort out a Deathwing tracking sheet, just need to determine exactly what we're tracking. Will it be points completed, units completed, or models completed? Is it just Codex labelled Deathwing stuff, or Dreads and LR's painted DW as well?

I don't have any Deathwing but it would give me an excuse to buy a old skool metal squad :)

I, JJD veteran of the contest rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete one easy build Redemptor Dreadnought to a value of 157 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Woop woop, a hat-trick....Vow 3 Complete :tu:

gallery_48988_15493_1625758.jpg

gallery_48988_15493_1536264.jpg

I could be wrong but I don’t think they need to be based to count as completed for the ETL so don’t change your bases just to have to do them again later to match.

That said great effort.

I guess it would be best to keep things simple: anything Fallen-themed vs. everything DW-themed, on a per-unit count.

You have way more choice in terms of dedicated units, this would be evened out by the extension of CSM units to "Fallen-themed" for us, and by giving you the same freedom - i.e. Land Raiders, unnamed characters and whatnot - things stay fair for both parties. Instead of counting points, we just give a point to each unit or character. OOC vows are treated the same as regular entries.

No complications, just a motivational tool for both sides. And bragging rights for the winner. :biggrin.:

I... umm... would rather stay out in the open. 

"Stay out in the open"? What peculiar words... What do they mean? :ph34r.:

I could be wrong but I don’t think they need to be based to count as completed for the ETL so don’t change your bases just to have to do them again later to match.

That said great effort.

Well, bases are not compulsory just to ensure we do not exclude people who do not do bases. But if you do do bases as part of your normal process, then it is expected the you do them. ;)

Great to see so many Unforgiven joining the cause! But I have some dire news: The BAs have caught up with us numerically AND have already a Titan pledged! That means we need further reinforcements! 

Welcome to all new participants - I have a feeling, this is going to be out finest hour! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I guess it would be best to keep things simple: anything Fallen-themed vs. everything DW-themed, on a per-unit count.

You have way more choice in terms of dedicated units, this would be evened out by the extension of CSM units to "Fallen-themed" for us, and by giving you the same freedom - i.e. Land Raiders, unnamed characters and whatnot - things stay fair for both parties. Instead of counting points, we just give a point to each unit or character. OOC vows are treated the same as regular entries.

No complications, just a motivational tool for both sides. And bragging rights for the winner. :D

So tracking 1pt per FoC slot :tu: works for me.

Was thinking, should we have a Dedicated "Hunt the Fallen" thread, otherwise ALL DW from this thread will count vs. those that volunteer to March of the Fallen. I think a dedicated thread where participation must be declared will help even out numbers.

Was thinking, should we have a Dedicated "Hunt the Fallen" thread, otherwise ALL DW from this thread will count vs. those that volunteer to March of the Fallen. I think a dedicated thread where participation must be declared will help even out numbers.

Whatever works best in terms of motivating people. I think a seperate thread could help with that.

I, Shaneos (formerly Darkcathedralgaming), rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the Dark Angels. I solemnly vow to complete the following units of total value 542 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For the LION!

Vow 1

Sammael on Corvex - 183
Primaris Gravis Captain (Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword) - 118
Ezekiel - 135
Ravenwing bikes x4 (1 melta-gun) - 106

Total Points: 542

wDEIcKM.jpg

iI4EQ5z.jpg?1

mpbfDDe.jpg
Edited by Shaneos

Re: DW vs Fallen - I definitely have deathwing to vow but that was going to mostly be next year (greenwing last year, ravenwing this year). I could probably squeeze in a DW apothecary and or champion this year though. Edited by Skorp

I, The Weeping Angel, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete one Ravenwing Landspeeder Vengeance to a value of 132 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_85662_13029_288966.jpg

Welcome Shaneos and The Weeping Angel! The Unforgiven are indeed mustering their forces! :)

But we need more brothers to join our cause! So all Masters of the Unforgiven, gather now - CSMs have already 39 participants vs. 21 of ours!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!