+++Space Wolves Outpost+++

Redemptor Dread is done - except for basing (...and ironically named "Adir, the First". Huh.)

Intercessors and Aggressors are mostly done, just a bit of detail work and minor touch ups needed. I should be able to do that today.

After that it's just the 6 characters.

How are you people doing!?

Redemptor Dread is done - except for basing (...and ironically named "Adir, the First". Huh.)

Intercessors and Aggressors are mostly done, just a bit of detail work and minor touch ups needed. I should be able to do that today.

After that it's just the 6 characters.

How are you people doing!?

Great progress brother, I am halfway through my unit of intercessors and the helblasters are done so once both are finished that will be my initial vow complete :smile.: I have something in mind for my second vow that will involve a trip to the local shop so we will see how that goes !

Keep going kinsmen, may we bring honour and glory to the Aett :thumbsup:

Welcome Mactire - it wouldn't be the same without you! :)

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I finished my Infiltrators and Intersessors.

I also bought two redemptors and a unit of Wulfin. I painted the Wulfin, and the redemptors are WIP.

I am a bit confused... Please let me know what is your vow total and please, show us the before pics before you paint them as this is the standard procedure... If you didn't take the pics of the Wulfen before you painted them I will accept them as a token of good faith but please do not add further units to your current vow until you complete everything. Then you may vow again if you so wish. ;)

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Intercessors done! (Except for Leather Pouches and Bases)

https://i.imgur.com/8AwdPqr.jpg

Aggressors done! (Except Bases)

https://i.imgur.com/LYfDt2z.jpg

This is most of the vow done, with just the 6 Characters to go!

But this is all the progress I can do this week, sadly (kinda) - but next weekend will be the first one with no obligations and no stress in forever for me and my s.o., so we finally can relax, eat and take a swim.

Additionally the last few days have been incredibly hot and the predictions look even hotter for the next few days, so no painting weather anyway.

Little side-topic:

I have tested the Contrast Paints some more now.

Marine Armor Panels themselves really aren't made for them. (See the intercessor right shoulders for the blotchy red, for example)

But, how I will use them going forward:

Basilicanum Grey - dilluted with Medium, to be used instead of Nuln oil as a wash for the grey primed armor and any Leadbelcher areas -> Mechanicum Standard Grey Drybrush to get rid of blotchyness = Perfectly shaded armor, with some nice darker gradients on some areas.

It is far superior to Nuln Oil as it doesn't pool as much AND leaves no watermarks (IF you let it dry! Do not touch it when it is in the process of drying! Be patient! Wait! You don't want Contrast Craters!)

After that I can use Black Templar on some Areas like Bolter casings or other stuff, so i still get some metallic shine "under" it.

Any doodads that are just sidedetails like the leather pouches, boltgun holsters, bones, gems, sculpted bits on shoulders, etc. (Because for stuff like this, it's just Greyseer/Wraithbone Base and then smash on the Contrast = slightly shaded/highlighted little pouch - done!)

So it's

IMG 5211

IMG 3595

IMG 1552

I, Uniwolf finish my 3rd horn of ale slam my fists on the table and announce my second vow. I vow to complete 1 Wolf lord in Gravis armour with master-crafted power sword, 1 redemptory dreadnaught with heavy onslaught gatling cannon, heavy flamer and 2 fragstrom grenade launchers and 1 squad of 3 inceptors with assault bolters to the sum of 422Pts. Should I fail to complete my vow, may I be struck down by lightning and be called oathbreaker. In the name of Russ, I will not fail. 

Edited by UniWolf

I Darthalibert vow to paint my own ragnar blackmane conversion, 3x 5 man intercessor squads with pack leader with power sword, a primaris battle leader with axe, a redemptor dreadnought, a phobos wolflord with powersword/frost weapon and carbide, 10 fenrisian wolves and a stormwolf

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15627/gallery_164863_15627_211762.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15627/gallery_164863_15627_106690.jpeg

Total points 1,164

Edited by Darthalibert

I Darthalibert vow to paint my own ragnar blackmane conversion, 3x 5 man intercessor squads with pack leader with power sword, a primaris battle leader with axe, a redemptor dreadnought, a phobos wolflord with powersword/frost weapon and carbide, 10 fenrisian wolves and a stormwolf

A hefty vow new blood! Will be watching with interest.

Have a motivational laugh everyone:

TITHI went into the GW store with my girlfriend. (Her first time there)

Store Manager started a quick test game with her, while I was picking out colours and talking to the Store Assistant. (Plaguebearers, Lord of Contagion vs 5 Intercessors)

After that I showed her the AoS Shelves (She likes Fantasy in general, was especially amazed by the Dragons and other big creatures.)

Then the 40k Shelves.

She recognized the Primaris Marines and the Redemptor Dreadnought i have. (Good girl!)

Then...

Then she pointed down the shelves, to a bogger Box, going "Wow! That looks cool! Look at his colours!"

Magnus, the Red. 

Magnus the Cyclops!

MAGNUS THE TRAITOR!!!

...Store Manager laughed his ass off.

We explained the situation to her and also showed her the Thousand Sons. (She always likes Ancient Egyptian Aesthetics)

"Those are far cooler than your Marines"

(Sode note: Favourite colour of hers = RED)

Thanks, honey.

Guess in a few months we will get Prospero 2: Relationship Boogaloo! 

I, mercbat from the Aett, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Wolves and vow to complete 1 unit of 5 WG in Tartaros TDA.

Pack Leader with Plasma Blaster\Power Sword

1 WG with Reaper AC\Powerfist

3 WG with Combi-bolter\Powerfist

Total - 188 pts.

ETL vow1

Great developments here! 

@ Darthalibert: Please work out the points' total of your vow and make sure the load-out is correct. If you need assistance feel free to ask. :)

@ mercbat: Always good to the see the veterans return! Good luck mate! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE FITFTH WEEKLY UPDATE

ONLY 48HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

I, dantay_vi from the Aett, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Wolves and vow to complete

3 Iron Priests @ 45 pts each (not sure if I have to pay extra for hammer and pistol) =135 points
2 Wolf Priests with plasma pistol = 164 points
1 WOlf Lord with jump pack, thunder hammer and storm shield = 129 points
1 WOlf Lord with jump pack, frost sword and plasma pistol = 107 points
1 Wolf Lord in Cataphractii armour with wolf claw and chain fist = 136 points
2 Wolf Lords with Plasma pistol and Frost swords = 176 points
1 Rune Priest Jump pack & runic stave = 122 points
1 Rune Priest TDA runic armour psychic hood = 130 points
1 Deredeo dreadnought with arachnus ascannon array and aiolos missile launcher = 240 points
1 relic contemptor with twin lascannns = 235 points
1 relic contemptor dreadnought with twin combat weapons and plasma blastguns = 187 points

For a total of 1759 points

Glory to Russ, pictures to follow.

T54Ph5h.jpg

8C5t7zn.jpg

qT3xiuf.jpg

XQWOykT.jpg

QZaWofC.jpg

JIe8fg6.jpg

eF6FTWg.jpg

EKWPvfX.jpg

dVVcDz8.jpg

ocfZkYD.jpg

Tgse54x.jpg

lIItaU9.jpg

EwKnj55.jpg

W4MRhIk.jpg

AQnz8jo.jpg

Edited by Dantay VI

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

ONLY 1.5HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!