+++Space Wolves Outpost+++

Vow number 1 is complete, really need to think about getting a new digital camera. Hopefully I'll have vow 2 figured out by the end of the week. I have two repulsors (1 of each type :biggrin.: ) and am debating about having one of my friends show me/let me use his airbrush to get the blue and red down (the redemptor took forever lol). IF we can't figure out a time, It'll probably just be more infantry because they're the center pieces and I know they'll look better if they're airbrushed. I'll submit another picture of these guys towards the end with basing, but I like basing in big batches because its kind of messy.

vow1 complete

@ Black Star: Congratulations man, they look great! And yes, go for the airbrush - if the ETL is the reason to explore this aspect of painting for you, so much the better! :thumbsup:

@ Triszin: THIS. IS. AWESOME. I really need to mention the base too - a lot of work has gone into this one... :yes:

@ Darthalibert: Please, when you get the time, please provide me with you points total...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

"Hah! We have the Plateau! Secure a Landing Site, the others should be here soon..."
                                        - Wolf Lord Gøran Stjarnasok

IsNUxfK.jpg

I, RikuEru, declare my First Vow finally finished!

1G8H3mA.jpg

If you wanna see some better pictures of them, look at them on Imgur over HERE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How about a second Vow? YES! Time for a Second Vow...

While I can't throw a punch like the Jarl can... I can't let Dan, Boytoy and Uniwolf be the only ones with 4 digit vows... so here goes!

YAhzsty.jpg

I, RikuEru, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX again and vow to complete this second contingent of the Wolves of Skógr of total value 1.508 points on or before September 1st, 2019.
Success will bring me eternal glory and a saga never to be forgotten - failure will make all my accomplishments undone and doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

My Contingent (with snarky comments) consists of the following:

• Wolves of Skogr - Reinforcements [98 PL, 1,508pts]
    • HQ [58 PL, 942pts]
      • Primaris Battle Leader [4 PL, 74pts] (Front right of the Banner Ancient)

Selections: Power sword [4pts] (and Shield, but we don't get that yet...)

• Primaris Battle Leader [4 PL, 74pts] (Front left of the Banner Ancient, duh!)

Selections: Power sword [4pts] (and Shield, but we don't get that yet, either...)

• Primaris Rune Priest [7 PL, 108pts]

Selections: Psychic hood [5pts], Runic sword [10pts] (and a big freakin' EAGLE-Bro!)

• Primaris Wolf Lord [6 PL, 86pts] (To the Left of "Not-Marneus")

Selections: Power sword [4pts]

• Master-crafted auto bolt rifle and bolt pistol [4pts]

Selections: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle [4pts]

• Primaris Wolf Lord [6 PL, 92pts] (To the Right of "Not-Marneus")
        • Plasma pistol and power fist [14pts]

Selections: Plasma pistol [5pts], Power fist [9pts]

• Primaris Wolf Priest [6 PL, 80pts] (Infront of the Redemptor Dreadnought, left of his Twin Brother)
      • Primaris Wolf Priest [6 PL, 80pts] (Infront of the Redemptor Dreadnought, right of his Twin Brother)
      • Rune Priest in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 111pts] (The Guy with the Migraine to the center left)

Selections: Camo cloak [3pts], Force sword [8pts]

• Wolf Lord in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 118pts] MARNAR "Not-Marneus" Coldhammer - Front and Center!

Selections: Boltstorm gauntlet [22pts], Master-crafted power sword [6pts]
        (I will take these weapons/points as they are. I couldn't play him as a regular Marneus Calgar when playing JUST Wolves anyway.)

• Wolf Lord in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 119pts] (The guy pointing at a target kilometres away with his finger)

Selections: Camo cloak [3pts], Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine [6pts]

• Elites [37 PL, 494pts]
      • Aggressors [12 PL, 144pts]

Selections: 3x Aggressor [63pts], Aggressor Pack Leader [21pts], Flamestorm Gauntlets [60pts]

• Primaris Ancient [5 PL, 69pts] (The guy chilling in the back, occupying one of the safest positions on the battlefield)
      • Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 161pts]

Selections: 2x Storm Bolters [4pts], Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon [30pts], Icarus Rocket Pod [6pts], Onslaught Gatling Cannon [16pts]

• Reivers [10 PL, 120pts]

Selections: Combat knife, Grapnel Launcher [12pts]

• 5x Reiver [90pts]
        • Reiver Pack Leader [18pts]
    • Heavy Support [3 PL, 72pts]
      • Eliminator Squad [3 PL, 72pts]
        • 2x Eliminator [48pts]

Selections: 2x Bolt sniper rifle [6pts], 2x Camo cloak [6pts]

• Eliminator Sergeant [24pts]

Selections: Bolt sniper rifle [3pts], Camo cloak [3pts]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And while I am at it... have something motivational, Brothers and Sisters of the Aett!

So, I still have some days off and next week is early shift and MAYBE I can take some overtime hours too...

Back to the Vaults! I need to keep the Furnaces hot!

So I have roughly half of my Vow #2 done!

Agressors, Reivers, Eliminators and the Rune Priest and Wolf Lord in Phobos Armor:

CMLeKum.jpg

All of that in one day! Even though I spent all day on them, that's quite the accomplishment for me.

Now it's just 10 more models, that I will do in smaller badges/pairs.

(Yes, I did all of these as one row. Every step. Every colour. I was so focused today... thanks Jes Goodwin and other Voxcast guests!)

LUFeauT.jpg

Also:

Fine Brush and Contrast Paints is an AMAZING combo for Tattoos and the like!

Edited by RikuEru

To all those born on Fenris:

How far is your progress?

What's working out? What's hindering you?

We can't let a Dark Angel - even when it's the good ol', relatively trustworthy Captain Semper - have the most posts within OUR domain!

Im basically on my last piece for my vow which is the Sicaran. Got that guy off to a good start this weekend, I think with a little grit i can wrap it this week.

Just saw in your blog! Great work so far and you kept the real beauty for last ;D

My rune priest is finished brother and I am progressing with my thunderwolf mounted lord, I should be able to declare my vow finished by the weekend with Russ's blessing.

May Russ give you a quick, but steady hand!

(And if you fail him, may he have your head!)

Gotta do a bunch of school stuff this week, hoping to get it done today tomorrow. Then I'm going to be sinking some time to finish up other things from my vow

Good luck with that stuff, first! And after that see your hobbytime as a relaxing reward!

I did these two today:

M80A1W3.jpg

All the details meant quite some work, but I love how these two turned out.

Blood Angels Red on Mechanicum Standard Grey gave the right one a really nice dark reddish brown apron. While unintentional, I like it.

And it must be fate that the skull on his back has a big VI carved into its forehead.

Here have some pics of their backsides aswell (...and to see their quite ancient special weapon)

http://imgur.com/gallery/b444xvr

Oh, also i got my Feldherr Delivery - so i got two nice storage boxes for my models now (in addition to one of their heavy duty travel boxes)

Edited by RikuEru

@ Black Star: Congratulations man, they look great! And yes, go for the airbrush - if the ETL is the reason to explore this aspect of painting for you, so much the better! :tu:

@ Triszin: THIS. IS. AWESOME. I really need to mention the base too - a lot of work has gone into this one... :yes:

@ Darthalibert: Please, when you get the time, please provide me with you points total...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Point for my vow us 1,164

Yesterday I prepared the rest of my Second Vow (Base colours, then washes, then drybrushes for the grey and metal parts - after that Wraithbone on all areas that get Contrast Coloured) for a "quick finish" after my vacation.

Then I packed stuff, including some models I can build/convert for my Third Vow and the tools I will need for that.

And i thought that I would need to get my Third Vow done with haste, once i return.

Because I thought ETL ended in the mid of August - it doesn't!

Bwahahaha! Now i have the chance to maybe even throw a fourth vow in!